Lightning

Help a brotha' out-- Somewhat OT

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2003 | 07:11 PM
|
Help a brotha' out-- Somewhat OT

A little off topic but since the people here are great "customizers" (and I also own an L) i figured i would post it here.
We are getting a 03 Eddie Bauer expy this week so I am layin' down the game plan.

1) I don't really like the gold 2 tone so I would like to make it all black. Is it easiest to have the bottom panels painted to match the rest of the body? (or is this even possible) If not I might replace it with the grey. Any tips there would be appreciated.
2) I'm going to start with antera 325 23" (probably in chrome) and a billet grill. Any other appearance mods ya'll would recommend?

This is the look Im going for on the body:

Grey bottom panels:

Old 03-23-2003 | 07:20 PM
Since the EB's trim panels are already painted, it should be pretty easy to have them repainted to match. The grey plastic ones are harder to prep and prime for paint. The billet grills look great on the expy, especially since the stock grille has the chrome trim around it.

I actually wanted to completely do up our 98 expy eb before I got the L, so I have a lot of ideas.

for the interior, a nice video/sound system would be great. Add black headliner and carpet, and have portions of the seats recovered in black suede. I had a bunch of other stuff I saved somewhere too.

I'll try and find it and add a few more ideas for you. Good luck with the new expy!

Old 03-23-2003 | 07:32 PM
how bout a custom air ride technologies bag system...

i would get the rims in chrome w/ a black vehicle...

also, you can try thinking up different paint schemes, etc...

Old 03-23-2003 | 08:04 PM
|
Thanks for the ideas...

paint schemes eh? humm...

Old 03-23-2003 | 08:06 PM
|

On second thought... All black is tuff to beat.

Another question I just thought of... Will there be a need for different brakes if I put 23's on?

Last edited by black2k1; 03-23-2003 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-23-2003 | 08:39 PM
No need for new brakes, but recommended, depending on the weight of the new wheel/tire combo. If it's very close to or lighter than stock, then no. I don't think there are any big brake kits out for the 03 expy's anyway.

I wonder how an 03 expedition would look with a RobG style paint scheme?

Quick Reply: Help a brotha' out-- Somewhat OT