Lightning

where did the water in my intercooler go???

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003 | 07:26 PM
hmmm

shouldnt the intercooler fix be covered under warranty ?
Good point

Yeah, half the dealers, included mine denied it's existance, i had to have ford call them and verify it, cause they said they never heard such a thing. I called ford and they sent the parts with my vin on it, to the dealer and i was to make an appointment within 3 days. Made the appointment, brought it in, told them the parts department had the parts in.........later i called to see if it was done, the said they had ordered the parts and it would be a week or two....

Made a call to ford, who in turn made a call, needless to say they found my parts in a hurry .....ford had the date, time and person's name who signed for them. They were gonna use them on another truck in for the same problem........which they supposably had no clue about. Gotta love it.

Old 03-24-2003 | 10:28 PM
Just went threw this with my recently purchased 99.

The program stopped last September and rather than fight with them. I bought it myself from Fordparts.com
Put it in myself in 3 hours. It wasn't that hard.

The new one is visably different from the old one and about 1 inch deeper. Hopefully that will be the end of it.

May try and fix the old one for a spare. But haven't even pressure tested it yet.

Quick Reply: where did the water in my intercooler go???