Lightning

New ricer being sold in Tuscaloosa

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003 | 02:07 PM
|
read the whole thread before you reply it may save you from looking like a butt next time.

like i said above some cars like 300z, 3000 TT , and many others will fly. I know this because i street race every weekend. I am just saying you are stupid in my opinion to pay 35k for this car.

Old 03-28-2003 | 03:00 PM
EVO 8 is legit. It's got a proven pedigree, having displayed several generations of excellent performance credentials in Japan. Mitsubishi has produced some great small displacement engines. It's nothing short of incredible what some people have done with earlier Eclipses (and also Talons) and even Galant ('91-'92 VR-4s) for not very much money. And of course there's 3000GT VR-4, an AWD, all wheel steering car that was unfortunately overburdened by the previously mentioned AWD/AWS hardware, even for its powerful and highly moddable engine. I have several DSM junkies who have been drooling over Evo and the demands have been very high. Many dealers are betting on the demand to move the car at $5000+ premium but from what I hear, many are finding that demands are high, but not that high. The latest news is that many dealers now have dropped the price to MSRP or near, and are selling'em out briskly.

If they stick a bunch of stickers of non-existant mods and screw on a park bench on the back, then Evo 8 may be a ricer. but as is, it's a great, capable car (even if the styling cues make it look like a ricer).

Old 03-28-2003 | 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Jwasted
read the whole thread before you reply it may save you from looking like a butt next time.

like i said above some cars like 300z, 3000 TT , and many others will fly. I know this because i street race every weekend. I am just saying you are stupid in my opinion to pay 35k for this car.
I referred to the EVO as a "riced out Lancer" when in reality it is far from being rice. I don't like that term myself but I feel a bit better when it is applied correctly. You didn't.

We have some riced out Focii around here that the dealership tries to pawn off as actual sports cars. Wings, gawdy paint jobs, rims, and a coffee can exhaust. Now that to me is more rice. A 271 hp AWD 4 door with a subtle wing, tasteful wheels, Recaros, and Brembos? That's NOT rice. That's performance.

I wouldn't pay 35k for the car but it's still a nice car. Then again, I wouldn't pay 45-50k for a Saleen or Roush either and I would buy the EVO over the latter two any day.

Old 03-28-2003 | 05:55 PM
Originally posted by chaean
I have several DSM junkies who have been drooling over Evo and the demands have been very high. Many dealers are betting on the demand to move the car at $5000+ premium but from what I hear, many are finding that demands are high, but not that high. The latest news is that many dealers now have dropped the price to MSRP or near, and are selling'em out briskly.

If they stick a bunch of stickers of non-existant mods and screw on a park bench on the back, then Evo 8 may be a ricer. but as is, it's a great, capable car (even if the styling cues make it look like a ricer).
Yep, markup will go down. The same rumors about outrageous rumors were floating around before the WRX finally came to our shores. The 03 Cobra also supposedly had a LOT of markup. Hell, even our Lightnings were being marked up in some states. And we all know how that went

Old 03-28-2003 | 06:48 PM
Im waiting till the STi comes out to look at it. Cant decide between that or a Lightning.

Quick Reply: New ricer being sold in Tuscaloosa