Lightning

HELP !!!!!!! She runs like crap!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2003 | 09:27 PM
Check the fuses in the box in the engine compartment. Should be on the driver side IIRC. Look for a blue 15 amp fuse for the HEGO sensors. You'll need to refer to the manual for which one.

I had that fuse blow and it did nearly the same thing you're talking about. You can borrow the fuse for the radio to get you to an autoparts store for a new one if that's it.

Old 03-28-2003 | 08:56 AM
|
Nope wasnt the fuse's Chainsaw. I checked all of them and there all good. I was hoping though!

Old 03-28-2003 | 11:07 AM
I would change the Fuel filter anyway. But try that first. It's easy.

Then if that doesn't work, listen to the KILLA, he is the king with these kind of problems.

To me, sounds like a fuel pump problem.

Hope you figure it out!

Old 03-28-2003 | 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Sawzall
Thanks guys.
I just called the dealer. Its going in Monday. Im calling a flat bed to come and get it. I dont think it will make it there on its own. I will keep you posted on what it was.
Don't let the dealer replace the whole pump. They shouldn't need anything more than 2 worm clamps (they can check both pumps while they're in there).

Actually, if you've got some tools and a couple buddies, you can check the pump easily yourself. Just pull the bed off and the access is right there. When you put the bed back on, you can align it too!

Old 03-28-2003 | 06:21 PM
|
Oh yeah good idea Lurker! Didnt even think about pulling the bed. Is the fuel filter close to the tank also? And what do you guys think my chances are of not fouling out any plugs when i was trying to get home.

Old 03-28-2003 | 08:02 PM
The pumps are inside the tank. The filter is along-side the frame just inside by the driver's door.

If the plugs fouled, they should clean up once it's running again.

Dan

Quick Reply: HELP !!!!!!! She runs like crap!