Lightning

Do Not Use Synthetic Oil In Your Lightning!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2003 | 09:40 PM
|
Arrow Do Not Use Synthetic Oil In Your Lightning!!!!

Subject: Beware synthetic oil

Beware of synthetic oil, it can do terrible things to you and your beloved motorcycle. It will not only leak out of your engine faster than you can put it in, but it will also cause your oil filter to clog and implode, dumping debris and dirt into your lubrication system. It also will make every part of your bike permanently slippery because of its linear molecular chain dispersion action. Then it will leak onto your kickstand causing it to retract automatically, dropping your bike on the ground! But that's not all...

Synthetic oil will round off your gears and spin your bearings. It will also splatter onto your seat causing your girlfriend to fall off in the apex of a turn and she'll never ride with you again. Synthetic oil coats your sight window and your timing window with a whitish pro-emulsification additive that is both non-removable and highly corrosive. Synthetic oil will completely leak onto the ground overnight and your dog will drink it and die.

Synthetic oil will wear out your tires and make your battery leak. It will give you the desperate need to urinate after you put your full leathers on and then jam your zippers shut. It will contaminate your gasoline causing your bike to stall on railroad tracks and accelerate uncontrollably near police cars. It will make it rain during rallies and on weekends. It will lubricate your timing belts causing them to jump teeth and break your valves to bits. Synthetic oil chemically weakens desmodromic valves and causes the clearances to change every six miles. Then it melts the black soles of your riding boots night before you walk across your new carpeting.

While riding past groups of attractive women it will cause both of your handlebar grips to slip off at the same time so you smash your windscreen with the bridge of your nose. It also causes your swingarm to crack, your studs to break, and your rotors to warp, and then it voids your warranty by changing your odometer reading to 55,555. It also dries out your wetclutch and wets your dryclutch. It makes your clutch slave cylinder seal fail in the heaviest traffic on the hottest day of the year while putting an angry wasp in your helmet for good measure.

Synthetic oil hides your 13mm socket and puts superglue on your earplugs. Synthetic oil will scratch your faceshield and make your gloves shrink two sizes night before trackday. Synthetic oil stole your neutral and sold it to the Chinese for $1.25. Synthetic oil will make you grow a tail. Synthetic oil will write long crazy e-mails to your Internet friends and then sign your name at the bottom!
.................................................. .................................................. ....

I found this on another board and even though its about a motorcycle its got to be bad for Lightnings too.

Old 03-27-2003 | 09:43 PM
Nasty ( love that name) I'm amaized.........

PEacE...............

Old 03-27-2003 | 09:47 PM
I knew there was a reason i ACCELERATE by cops, now i have an excuse, THANKS....

jim

Old 03-27-2003 | 09:49 PM
Cute Wendy

Suavy

Old 03-27-2003 | 09:54 PM
Banned
Some body been too much and they need to share.

Old 03-27-2003 | 10:28 PM
dang
I have been using syn oil in all my vehicles including my Harley scoot for years!
I must be doing something wrong - I haven't experienced any of those nasty things

Old 03-28-2003 | 12:05 AM
huh?

Old 03-28-2003 | 06:01 AM
this girl....

I'm like what - huh ...? You are a trip - chick...

Old 03-28-2003 | 07:25 AM
When I first read this post, I thought GiGi had returned to the boards.

Old 03-28-2003 | 10:00 AM
Account Suspended For 30 Days For Using Multiple Screen Names
When I first read this post, I thought GiGi had returned to the boards.

Never tried Synthetic oil When I bring the Lightning out I will try it after the first oil change.

Old 03-28-2003 | 10:14 AM
Re: Do Not Use Synthetic Oil In Your Lightning!!!!

qoute
"Synthetic oil will wear out your tires". I know why my tires are slick at 12,000 miles now. I have had synthetic in my truck since 1,000 miles and im changing it today. No problems here. I use synthetic in my racecars also.

Old 03-28-2003 | 10:46 PM
gp
i guess the enginers at harley need to read this and reconsider the new synthetic oil they just came out with. and doesnt mercedes,gm and lots of tuners use synthetic oil?ive been running mobile 1 in my harleys and cars for 20 plus years with no problems.

Old 03-28-2003 | 11:37 PM
|
Originally posted by gp
ive been running mobile 1 in my harleys and cars for 20 plus years with no problems.
You mean you never wondered why every dog you ever had mysteriously died......

Old 03-28-2003 | 11:39 PM
Originally posted by gp
i guess the enginers at harley need to read this and reconsider the new synthetic oil they just came out with. and doesnt mercedes,gm and lots of tuners use synthetic oil?ive been running mobile 1 in my harleys and cars for 20 plus years with no problems.
The post was a joke and I hope everyone got it.

Quick Reply: Do Not Use Synthetic Oil In Your Lightning!!!!