Lightning

i think my tranny is starting to slip...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2003 | 12:44 PM
|
i think my tranny is starting to slip...

...you guys could probably help me out though.

when im on the freeway and i give it some gas, i hear the blower start to wind up, then fall off and then start winding again.

when i get on it from a dead start, as it shifts to second, the blower seems to let off some then starts going again.

also, when i do a u-turn or speed up out of a turn, my engine revs up but my truck doesnt really go anywhere. then it will lock in really hard and start going.

any ideas?

on a lighter note...i went to the track last night to try out the new mods. i ran a new best of 13.43 @ 102 mph. i cant seem to get my 60' under 2.0. track is over 2000' elevation.

thanx for any help...chris

Old 03-29-2003 | 06:28 PM
Re: i think my tranny is starting to slip...

Originally posted by FastAsL
...you guys could probably help me out though.

when im on the freeway and i give it some gas, i hear the blower start to wind up, then fall off and then start winding again.

when i get on it from a dead start, as it shifts to second, the blower seems to let off some then starts going again.

also, when i do a u-turn or speed up out of a turn, my engine revs up but my truck doesnt really go anywhere. then it will lock in really hard and start going.

any ideas?
could it be the boost bypass/dump thing? if it was your tranny wouldnt it just spool up real fast but not go anywhere?

sorry to hear this Chris, gotta suck..
Dana

Last edited by Silver_2000; 03-30-2003 at 09:53 AM.
Old 03-29-2003 | 07:32 PM
Those symptoms don't sound like a slipping tranny to me. If the trans was slipping, your s/c'r and eng. would spin faster not bog down. If the blower is falling off, this is a slipping belt. That's all that powers the s/c. If the eng. is falling down, how many miles on your fuel filter? How dirty is your air filter?

Dan

Old 03-29-2003 | 09:35 PM
|
air filter is perfectly clean. the fuel filter needs to be changed. i just had a #4 put on. maybe the belt. ill check everything tomorrow.

thanx for the help...chris

Old 03-30-2003 | 09:54 AM
Dont forget that the torque converter locking and unlocking at strange tiime can make the truck seem to do weird stuff as if it has an extra gear sometines..

Old 03-30-2003 | 10:19 AM
Just for grins check your trans fluid, If its low enough when you turn or accellerate it may be that the pickup is no longer submerged in fluid and causing the pump to cavitate [pull air and not oil] in which case it would disengage.

Old 03-30-2003 | 12:49 PM
|
Originally posted by Transhop1
Just for grins check your trans fluid, If its low enough when you turn or accellerate it may be that the pickup is no longer submerged in fluid and causing the pump to cavitate [pull air and not oil] in which case it would disengage.
i checked the trans fluid yesterday. it was full and it didnt smell burnt or anything. it is probably the belt (i hope) or the fuel filter. i have never changed it and i have 20,000 miles on her. i guess ill do that today...chris

Quick Reply: i think my tranny is starting to slip...