Lightning

My Silver Beast has left the yard...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003 | 06:36 PM
sorry to see her go rich, she was a beast brother and you made 22" wheels the thing for L's.!

Old 04-02-2003 | 07:04 PM
I never keep anything more than a year,
but I'm scared schitt of you guys

When I showed the RX8 the other night, it was like the feeling I got when my girlfriends Dad walked in on me holding a 39 gallon garbage bag filled with weed. UNCOMFORTABLE
Ok that was some years ago, but man you remember schitt like this.

Richard
Good Luck in what ever you do Man, someone got a great Lightning, you got a new ride

Old 04-02-2003 | 07:16 PM
Good luck with the house man. If this is your first, I bet you'll be up all night just walking around your own little piece of the world. I don't have a house yet...haven't settled down enough...but that's what I'd do. Who cares if the bank owns it at first...it's still yours, man.

Best of luck.

Rob,

About the RX8. I went to the Dallas Auto Show this weekend. Mazda had one there -- first time I'd seen it -- and I fell instantly in love. Great looking car. Love the suicide doors (they don't want you to call 'em that, though).

Last edited by Shazbot; 04-02-2003 at 07:21 PM.
Old 04-02-2003 | 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Shazbot

About the RX8. I went to the Dallas Auto Show this weekend. Mazda had one there -- first time I'd seen it -- and I fell instantly in love. Great looking car. Love the suicide doors (they don't want you to call 'em that, though).

The doors would be the only thing that would stop me from buying one. It reminds be of that 3rd door Saturn by how they did it instead of an old chopped hotrod. JMO.

Old 04-02-2003 | 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Lightningquick
Not to burst your bubble but........The last thing a bank wants to see when you are buying a house is that you just bought a new car!! They dont care if it is less a month or not.If you used your head and you really wanted a house more than your lightning,You would have waited to buy your GT mustang.........By the way,I dont buy the comment about you selling your truck because of the crap you get online.Maybe your computer you should have sold not your truck...............Goodluck with your new car.i just dont think it was so smart if a house was your true reson.......Any banker will tell you the same.
You think banks care if you just bought a car? If your credit score is high and your income is solid, the bank will bend over for you. The only person this would hurt is someone with marginal credit. The new loan will take almost two months to show up on the report. If he is building, then the closing is four months plus out.

-Mark

Old 04-02-2003 | 08:30 PM
Wink

Rich,
Sorry to hear that you got rid of the L, but you got to do what you got to do. I hope to see you at the FFW in Virginia again this year. Good luck with the stang and I hope to check it out while I am down at the FFW Virginia.
Bill

Old 04-02-2003 | 08:51 PM
Good luck with the GT. They take well to 4.10's and Novi 2000's....maybe a Vortech, nah the Novi.

Old 04-02-2003 | 08:54 PM
It was the best looking L on the boards.

But I still dont see why people buy vehicles unless they can pay cash or have the cash drawing a higher interest rate, then make payments.

Old 04-02-2003 | 09:28 PM
Originally posted by PhillipSVT
It was the best looking L on the boards.

But I still dont see why people buy vehicles unless they can pay cash or have the cash drawing a higher interest rate, then make payments.
Personally,I feel like this."If you cannot pay cash for something,you cannot afford to own it"This does not mean that you HAVE to or SHOULD pay cash.the fact of actually having the money to buy what you might be financing.........

Someday ill be able to afford a lightning,For now,ill just make the payments on the one i have

Old 04-03-2003 | 10:58 AM

Exactly. Although there are still payments on this Lightning (only put about half down), there's enough money in the bank to take care of the rest of the truck anytime. The only reason I don't is because the low rate that I got gives me the opportunity to work with that money elsewhere and net a better return.

Old 04-03-2003 | 11:04 AM
Rich - that sucks, but good luck with the stang! I'm sure you'll still be at the track

Old 04-03-2003 | 03:41 PM

I would guess that the majority of us finance a good chunk of our vehicle purchases. I couldn't find $42K (CDN) under my mattress to pay for my Lightning so I financed it and I have 3 years of payments left on my SS and I have 2 payments left on my 99 Trailblazer. I figure that you only live once, and there are no guarantees on how long your life will last, so I'm not waiting around to save up the money to buy something I want if I can afford to use someone else's money to get it. If I croak tomorrow, I've had lots of fun and my life insurance will take care of anything that I owe. Just my 2 cents (and I financed one of them)

Old 04-03-2003 | 11:12 PM
Still waiting for the typical twist in this story.

Old 04-03-2003 | 11:48 PM
Oh there's a BIG twist. But I'd rather not air my dirty laundry here and I *know* Rich would prefer that I keep it to myself.

Old 04-04-2003 | 07:57 AM
Originally posted by BadAzz516
Well i think it matters when you decide to post every little thing on here. I mean thought this was a Lightning board

Quick Reply: My Silver Beast has left the yard...