Lightning

Stereo Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2003 | 06:18 PM
|
Stereo Question

I am putting in new door speakers, thunderforms with JL's and an amp but keeping the stock deck. Questions-

1. How do I go about getting at the remote power wire that fires up the amp that is behind the deck? Pull the deck out with one of those din tool thingies?

2. I am powering the amp directly from the battery, is there only one spot to run it through the firewall and where would that be?

3. For those of you without Expy consoles, where did you put the CD changer? Im hoping that I can put it under the passenger seat with the amp. Opinions? Ideas?

Thanks peeps. I've never done a stereo upgrade like this before so I want to get it all mapped out in my head before I start. And I know there is a bazillion stereo threads...

Old 04-13-2003 | 06:59 PM
I try to help you the best i can. Lets see. You will need a special tool to pull out the radio. Then use a test light to find key on power. that would be the wire to hook up the remote wire to. As for the power wire the easy way is to put the fuse as close to the battery as possable. Run the wire down along the fender well under the truck along the frame rail and pop up through the rubber plug. There is a rubber plug on each side of the truck.if you open the door and pull out the plastic sill piece that runs along the floor on either side you will find the rubber plug. the rubber plug is located futher back on the drivers side. so if you use that side look almost all the way back. just cut a hole in the center of the plug and put the wire through and zip up the wire along the frame real neat. as for the cd changer I have a 12 disc under the passanger seat facing the rear. I have to slide the seat up to change discs. just put the lug wrench across the front of the jack and use the wing nut to hold it in place. the jack can stay in the factory place. if you have any questions email me at firemx220@comcast.net There are some pics of my system in the gallery I would post them but the gallery is running really slow right now.

Old 04-13-2003 | 09:55 PM
|
Thanks, firemx220.

Im probably going to try and put the jack in the storage compartment and then put the storage compartment in the bed of the truck. And then put the amp and CD changer under the passenger seat. I'm probably going to have to wait until after Easter to do it but if I have questions I'll shoot you an email. Thanks.

Old 04-13-2003 | 10:06 PM
Don't hold me to this, but yellow is constant power and red is switched power in the harnes that goes into the back of the radio

Quick Reply: Stereo Question