Lightning

carbon fiber driveshaft

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2003, 12:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by dirtchicken
Any pics?? I tried to view Alphadoggys but it said I had to log in to view them.
Sorry, I guess Image Station does not allow a direct link to uploads. Too bad we can't upload attachments. That feature has been "temporarily" disabled for a looooooong time. Ayrton is correct, the tubes were made by a company in Costa Mesa, as I recall, and the yoke, etc. was assembled by Inland Empire Driveline.
http://www.iedls.com/
When I snapped mine Inland Empire said it was obviously not their fault. They sent the tubes to Costa Mesa, but they would not stand behind them, said is was obviously a result of abuse. (Sound like a Ford warrantee claim?)
But Inland Empire was good enough to build me a new driveshaft out of aluminum, and not charge me a nickle for it, and it looks more robust to me than the Ford shafts. I think I better get a stronger one built for the new motor; I don't want to have to walk home from any events.

Old 04-19-2003, 12:38 AM
The company that the HD guys have been thinking about is PST, and several Mustang guys rant and rave about them, so hopefully they build a better shaft.

http://www.pstds.com/critical-link.cfm

Old 04-19-2003, 05:19 AM
Courtesy of alphadoggy

Old 04-19-2003, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by J15BIG
Courtesy of alphadoggy
OH snap!!!

Quick Reply: carbon fiber driveshaft