Lightning

Video & pics from the MiLoc event

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003 | 05:55 PM
|
Cool Video & pics from the MiLoc event

ftp://ntlipps.dnsalias.net/uploads/MiLoc_4-26-03/

Sorry I did'nt focus in good enough to see the timing boards. Next time I'll do better.

WOT

Old 04-27-2003 | 06:10 PM
Nic pics and vids. Thanks.

I have to say, that right lane at Milan had some hook yesterday. For a track never known for traction, I got two or three 1.85 60ft times, better than I did at Stanton or Norwalk. The new concrete sure makes a difference.

Now the left lane on the other hand, that's a whole other story. maybe the slight cross/head wind had something to do with it, but felt like I was ice skating halfway down the track.

Had a great time. Bummed I didn't set a new best, but still had a great day.

Old 04-27-2003 | 08:52 PM
Thanx for the pix wydopnthrtl. This one you took is my truck.

Had a lot of fun. Also attended last year. Wound up taking third place in the bracket racing this year. Then the funniest thing happened. When Chuck awarded me my third place prize, he asked me if I would like to join MiLOC. I said I don't own a Lightning and that is part of the name of the club. He said that didn't matter, it's still a Ford truck. I almost fell over. He's obviously got a different way of thinking than a lot of you on this board. Made me feel kind of warm and fuzzy inside. Anyway, I had a blast and hope to do it again next year.

Here's my truck doing a "burnout"

Old 04-28-2003 | 08:25 AM
|
Thumbs up

This was the first MiLoc event I've been too. And the guys sure seem to NOT be elitest about things like that.

And personally I thought your truck is pretty nice ride. And, running low 14s is dang near stock lightning territory!

WOT

Old 04-28-2003 | 08:33 AM
I had a great time too. I bettered my best run from last year on my first try. I thought the track hooked up good, but I only ran from the right lane.

It was cool to put real names and faces to all the screen names. I had so much fun that I joined MiLOC- and I don't even live in Michigan!

Old 04-28-2003 | 09:05 AM
Old 04-28-2003 | 09:15 AM
Originally posted by redlightspecial
I thought the track hooked up good, but I only ran from the right lane.

Milan hooks like crap...........you should try racing at like Norwalk or Stanton

--Joe

Old 04-28-2003 | 09:24 AM
to WOT for the pics and vids.

Had a blast at Milan and as Paul (redlightspecial) said, it was nice putting faces, handshakes and names to the screen names you see here on the board.
Chainsaw definitely has it right, the inside lane was so much better for traction than the left.
I finally got to try the Nitto's and they definitely do help as I got a couple of 1.91 60 foot times but no personal best was to be had. The best run I had was a 13.054 @ 104.6. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to go out and try again.

Here are a few more pics .........Milan Meet

My F150online Photo Gallery........................................My Modifications

Have a good day eh ! .................................................. .......... Dave

Old 04-28-2003 | 09:58 AM
Thanks for the great pics. I found quite a few of the L & even 1 of the Wood. I had a blast getting a new best every time I went down the track (except the last run, doh! ). I even squeeled the tires off the line on my last run.

Thanks guys for the great turnout & fabulous show of sportsmanship to the non-Ford owners. You guys rock!

Quick Reply: Video & pics from the MiLoc event