Lightning

Pics... Another Slammed L

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003 | 06:25 PM
Re: Re: Love The Ride

Originally posted by SpankDog
It's not hate its called personal preference.

Well lets take a poll on how many people like or dislike your truck. Im sure you have probably a split crowd and you know what you would say, "WHo gives a ****"! I did for my own happiness not anyone elses. Just like tha dude that owns this bad azz ride! I bet he could care less about what anyone thinks!

Old 04-28-2003 | 07:13 PM
cyntaxx,
I do have another photo on my other PC,but its just a rear shot comparison. then my digital cameras card was about full.

This was a mustangs show and it was nice to get together to see a few fellow ford performance enthusiasts.

As for franks truck, its now one of my favorite Gen2s after seeing it up close.
I have taken of my truck next to RobGs (past) truck and Vinneys, and this one looks just as nice to me.

We all have our own preferences and own opinions and were welcome to them.

Frank said he will be focusing his efforts on the truck now.
He's owned a black Gen1, and still has an awesome red flamed mustang that ended up on the cover of MM & FF, I know they did an article on it.
I can tell you that when this truck pulled in the lot, it drew attention even from the hardcore Fairlane guys..
then it startled us all when it went from normal height..then swsh...swsh...and down it went..and my lowered Gen1 Lightning suddenly appeared to be a jacked 4x4.
I know Todd saw the truck along with a bunch of other visitors and we all agreed it had a constant crowd taking photos.
I like to get ideas and little by little I am building the plan for my next Lightning that will be towing my Gen1.

For the rest of you local guys, I hope to see you at Englishtown truckClash2 in May.

Old 04-28-2003 | 07:17 PM
Banned
Re: Re: Re: Love The Ride

Originally posted by musclemann
Well lets take a poll on how many people like or dislike your truck. Im sure you have probably a split crowd and you know what you would say, "WHo gives a ****"! I did for my own happiness not anyone elses. Just like tha dude that owns this bad azz ride! I bet he could care less about what anyone thinks!
So why does it bother you so much ? I am sitting here laughing while you are sitting over there bitching and moaning.

Old 04-28-2003 | 07:29 PM
a little too low for me but looks sweet as hell!

Old 04-28-2003 | 07:38 PM
Thumbs up

I think it looks sweet, not for a race truck but for a show truck she sure is a winner in my eyes.
Everyone will have different opinions on this but she sure is pretty, a lot of money and time went into it for sure...

Bill

Old 04-28-2003 | 09:11 PM
I think it looks tight. Air bags give a fairly good ride if installed correctly and driven at the right psi/height( What do lincolns use on their suspensions.....AIRBAGS!) Also air bags w/ almsot any kind of link will hook up better than leaf springs...NO WHEEL HOP OR AXLE WRAP! So form does follow function....

Old 04-28-2003 | 11:27 PM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Love The Ride

Originally posted by SpankDog
So why does it bother you so much ? I am sitting here laughing while you are sitting over there bitching and moaning.

Listen,
The only one who picked up on "can you say haters"
was your bitc*** A***. So all I have to say to you is ...... haters hater hater hater hater. Thats a song, but im sure yawl dont get that kind of music down tha in Bufa Georgiaaa. Yawl come back, ya hear ?

Old 04-29-2003 | 11:27 AM
I love the drop and the rims, however, dont the rims usually have to be pushed in for it to go all the way down? Thats the only thing that I dont like. It looks good slammed, but when its up, not as much...

Old 04-29-2003 | 11:33 AM
Truck is hot as hell!!!

Haters beware!

Old 04-29-2003 | 11:47 AM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Love The Ride

Originally posted by musclemann
Listen,
The only one who picked up on "can you say haters"
was your bitc*** A***. So all I have to say to you is ...... haters hater hater hater hater. Thats a song, but im sure yawl dont get that kind of music down tha in Bufa Georgiaaa. Yawl come back, ya hear ?
OK we get the idea.........you don't like Spank.

Grow up...............name calling on the internet makes you look extremely tough.

--Joe

Old 04-29-2003 | 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Konig
bags= for **** ride quality
Have you ridden in a vehicle with airbags? What type of bags and what setup? Bags can be setup in different ways for different goals. I've ridden in some that were so smooth it'd put my old Crown Vic to shame, and have seen airbag setups for drag race vehicles that could take 1.6 60' times.

IMO, good looking truck. Nothing rice about it, although everyone likes to call that which they don't like "rice".

Old 04-29-2003 | 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Brian Baskin
although everyone likes to call that which they don't like "rice".

About time I find something you typed that I agree with.

Old 04-29-2003 | 01:01 PM
If I could afford it, I would do a full Air Ride Technologies setup tucking 22s!!

HDMLNIUM: What rims are those again? Everytime I see them I want them! Looks very clean on a white truck!!

Old 04-29-2003 | 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Brian Baskin
IMO, good looking truck. Nothing rice about it, although everyone likes to call that which they don't like "rice".
Exactly!!!!!!!!! This probably won't come as a surprise to you all, but I've been labeled "rice" for my billet flamed rear view mirror and pedals. Go figure?

Old 04-29-2003 | 02:14 PM
Mustangs Unlimited show

I was at the show with John, I'm not into the slammed thing but weather your driving a Honda or an L' effort shows, and this truck had plenty of it. In the show stance the truck was about a quater of a inch away from dragging the exhaust tips, by far the lowest I've seen in person, the owner did a nice job on the whole setup the highlights for me were the saleen graffics which looked very good, air suspension which was cool to get to check out first hand and the truck had a very sweet sounding Flowmaster exhaust, yes, Flowmaster with a Bassani x-over pipe.

Quick Reply: Pics... Another Slammed L