Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003 | 02:31 PM
Re: got a lightning!

Valhalla1

Congrats on your new ride!!

Old 04-30-2003 | 03:48 PM
|
thanks for the kind words

No, no mods yet.. previous owner kept it totally stock. 1st things will be an intake and exhaust

then maybe a chip - but as I understand it, the L's go to 4 cyl. when shifting, which a chip overrides but causes the tranny much stress? (due to fluid pressure?)

I dont want to go crazy with it, mainly because I'd like to stay living a few more years.

here in my home town, you dont see too many high end sports cars. Occasional Vette or totally done-up Fbody is about the best you'll run into on the street. So it was exciting driving through Houston and San Antonio, playing on the freeway with some nicer cars.

now I'm back home, and I spanked a few ricers like it was nothing when I took the gf to lunch. Its like not even worth wasting time or gas on those jerkoffs now, even though they were my only viable competition in my crappy firebird

Old 05-01-2003 | 12:25 PM
Cool got a lightning!

valhalla1;

Most chips don't turn the that off unless you ask your tuner
for that option. It is easeir on tranny that way and clutch pack.
If you have stock air box you can cut or drill out under filter to let
more air in and that's a free mod you can do yourself!!

Old 05-01-2003 | 12:35 PM
holla,congrats,go get some rice boy and show some detroit horsepower,40 hours wow,what are you taking i want some,hehe

Old 05-01-2003 | 12:36 PM
Valhalla1,

Congrats.

All kidding aside. Do the following and you'll not believe how much better it'll run and yet be safe for a daily driver. (In this order too)

1) oil seperator & new plugs
2) FTVB
3) Lift bars
4) Air filter
5) 4# pulley and chip (dyno tuned if poss)

These 5 will astound you when you go WOT.

WOT

Old 05-01-2003 | 12:47 PM
Posting Rights Suspended For Too Many Antagonistic Posts
I've had my 2002 for one year now and the mileage is so high I'm embarrased about it, but you just can't help drivin it all the time!
Have fun and watch like a hawk for the bogey's.

Old 05-01-2003 | 05:02 PM
congrats and welcome to the club! your going to love the truck more and more as time goes by and as you mod!

Old 06-26-2003 | 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Valhalla1
here in my home town, you dont see too many high end sports cars. Occasional Vette or totally done-up Fbody is about the best you'll run into on the street. So it was exciting driving through Houston and San Antonio, playing on the freeway with some nicer cars.

now I'm back home, and I spanked a few ricers like it was nothing when I took the gf to lunch. Its like not even worth wasting time or gas on those jerkoffs now, even though they were my only viable competition in my crappy firebird
I see late model SS Camaro's, a black FireHawk on occasion, and a ton of Lightning's (full color spectrum) here in San Angelo. Not to mention you've got Xtreme Motorsport's Mustangs all over....

Heck I even saw a Bentley Azure convertible (~300K car) yesterday at Ichiban's.

Old 06-26-2003 | 03:05 PM
Congrats!!

I also just purchased an L. They are way to much fun to drive. I don't have any interest in my other cars now.

Good luck and enjoy it.

Quick Reply: got a lightning!