Lightning

From now on since ford looks at this forum....

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003 | 10:20 AM
Originally posted by MaxTorque02
Shame on Ford? How can you say that when it was stated on here by the owner that the dealer may have screwed up on the oil change. Ford wants to investigate that and find out if the dealer was negligent. I just can't believe how some of you feel Ford should just write a blank check when the problem may have been caused by the dealer. Ford may have their share of short comings, but I don't see this as one of them. Some of you have some mighty expeectations when it comes to warranty repair. Obviously you're not a business owner, otherwise you would have customers walking all over you. Ford isn't denying the guys warranty, they are just making sure the responsible party (Ford or the dealership) will be the one footing the bill.
Ford needs to get the guy an engine and straighten the bill out with the dealer later!

Old 05-02-2003 | 10:30 AM
Originally posted by lurker
Ford needs to get the guy an engine and straighten the bill out with the dealer later!
Of course most dealerships just go ahead and make the repairs when they can. It's Ford's money they're spending. Little wonder why Ford is getting tougher on this stuff...

I'm confused.

Your two previous posts seem to contradict each other.

As I said in a previous post, the dealer should get the engine on order and then work out the details with Ford. When you buy a truck, you buy it from the dealer, not Ford.

Old 05-02-2003 | 10:49 AM
I'm confused.

Your two previous posts seem to contradict each other.

As I said in a previous post, the dealer should get the engine on order and then work out the details with Ford. When you buy a truck, you buy it from the dealer, not Ford.
I think, in this case, the dealer no longer wants to just go ahead because they fear they'll get the bill.

Old 05-02-2003 | 10:59 AM
I think, in this case, the dealer no longer wants to just go ahead because they fear they'll get the bill.
Why shouldn't they get the bill? If you look at the headline from the original post, it says dealer screwed up my Lightning. There's suspicion that the dealer messed up on the oil change and possibly ran the truck without any oil. You don't feel that should be Fords responsibility do you? That's why Ford wants to investigate before they authorize a new engine under warranty. If the dealer is negligent, then they must bight the bullet.

Last edited by MaxTorque02; 05-02-2003 at 04:59 PM.
Old 05-02-2003 | 11:09 AM
Why shouldn't they get the bill?
Sorry if I came off sounding like I'm siding with the dealer. I hate dealers.

Old 05-02-2003 | 11:25 AM
Being an employee of Big Brother, and a Lightning owner, that runs the ***** out of his modded truck, maybe I am being biased, but I am getting a little irritated at the Ford bashing by some here.
Ford developed a kick@ss truck in its stock clothing, and will stand behind it in that form.
When I bought my truck, I made the decision to install the mods knowing that it could very well void my warranty. I, and I alone made this decision. As each of you should before modding.
Of course if I launched a plug, or broke something I would try my dealer while the warranty was still in effect, and knowing him as I do, I am pretty sure he would honor it. Depending on my approach to him. If I walk in and demand he do something, or am redundent in breaking it and being a total @sshole, I can see how he would maybe take a firmer stand. But remember, it is up to him, not Ford to make the initial call.
However, if he did not, or the damages were so evident that it pointed directly to misuse or abuse, I would suck it up and take the responsibility.
I would like to believe that all of us here area mature enough to accept the responsibilitie for our own actions.
Marc

Old 05-02-2003 | 11:34 AM
I hope Ford reads this. I have pretty much every mod you can have on a truck. I'm bringing my truck in next week for you guys to replace the foglights. AGAIN. I hope you replace them with the 2003 style this time...No, I'm not leaving the truck overnight so someone can steal it. No, I'm not leaving it unattended at the dealership so some tech can go do burnouts on my Hoosiers and spray a 150 shot on top of 20psi boost.

Old 05-02-2003 | 11:47 AM
Banned
Originally posted by easterisland
burnouts on my Hoosiers and spray a 150 shot on top of 20psi boost.

Old 05-02-2003 | 11:54 AM
Sorry if I came off sounding like I'm siding with the dealer. I hate dealers.

I never saw it as that.

I don't hate dealers and I don't hate Ford. In the case of the original poster, I just feel that Ford has the right to investigate the circumstances before they step in and offer some assistance, given the information that there was some questionable work performed by the dealer. My point has always been, let's give Ford and the dealer a chance to make the right decision and decide who is responsible.

Old 05-02-2003 | 11:56 AM
I would like to believe that all of us here area mature enough to accept the responsibilitie for our own actions.
I agree, for hearing the tired line "You have to Pay to Play" so much around here you would think there wouldnt be so much bitching about warranty voids. Its hypocritical if you ask me... Ford ONLY has to honor its warranty if you leave your truck STOCK. (which doesnt mean its ok to de-mod the truck for warranty claims and then put the mods back on)

Not that there arent real issues such as the fogs,plugs,clunk..etc that ARE Fords fault.

Old 05-02-2003 | 12:11 PM
Marc C. saved me some typing!

Old 05-02-2003 | 12:17 PM
I agree Konig--

I agree with you 100%.
Unfortunately these sort of things are not always preventable.
The foglights remind me of the light in the clock on the 66 Mustang.
Its apparent to us now that the lenses are not sufficent with the amount of heat that the bulbs generate, thus causing them to crack. ( I've had mine replaced twice already)
In the 66 Mustangs, someone in their infinate wisdom decided to install a larger wattage light buld than was required to illuminate the clock face, which, when combined with the insulation in the dash panel, caused there to be an oven effect within the clock which generated enough heat to melt the solder in the electrical connection which of course rendered to clock inoperable. Not only did we spend millions in warranty work to repair the clocks,we spent several times that much trying to locate the cause.
End result, a 39 cent light bulb.
Sometimes a little communication between departments can go a long way.
Marc

Last edited by Marc Carpenter; 05-02-2003 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-02-2003 | 12:40 PM
I expect everything I buy to have a problem of some sort at some time. As long as Ford is able to fix the problem and prevent it from happening again and again then I don’t mind that much. I work with electronics that my company manufactures after all, and we have problems just like anyone else, what makes the difference is in the correcting of those problems

Old 05-02-2003 | 12:54 PM
I don't even own a Lightning. And IF I DID, it would be 100% stock to the paper element...

Old 05-02-2003 | 01:06 PM
Angry Foglights

I really tend to wonder if heat is the real problem with the fog lights. I never burn mine, just turned them on occasionally to make sure they work, and they still are both cracked. You can make the road debris argument, but wouldn't you figure that if I ran through that much trash my bumper cover would be scratched? Mine's not.

Quick Reply: From now on since ford looks at this forum....