Lightning

From now on since ford looks at this forum....

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003 | 01:11 PM
Originally posted by cyntaxx
I don't even own a Lightning. And IF I DID, it would be 100% stock to the paper element...
Hopefully the monkeys at ford can't figure out where the button is....

Hmm....

Last edited by BigBoy_99; 05-02-2003 at 01:20 PM.
Old 05-02-2003 | 01:25 PM
Don't get me started again. All these warranty issues started
with ford. Now ford doesn't want to honor them. They built
this truck and it has a lot of issues. All this ford bashing was brought on to themselves and they are still passing the buck.
If they wanted to solve these issues they should of built a
better truck instead of building the same truck with the same
problems. Ford still hasn't learned. And you wonder why we
have problems with dealers look who they have to deal with.
Get a clue people............

Old 05-02-2003 | 01:26 PM
I remember when I brought my truck in for a new tranny under warrenty and the tech just looked in the bed and saw the bottle in there. UHMMMM yeah say goodbye to my warrenty!

I could care less at this point though, I wouldn't trust those morons at the dealer to work on my truck anyway. Atleast if somthing breaks I know who did it now, HAHAHHAA

Old 05-02-2003 | 01:39 PM
Cool

One thing to keep in mind guys, Is that it's easy to point at the FEW problems and easy to overlook all the things that are going right.

ESPECIALLY!!! When consumers now have a place to voice their opinions and experiences with the world! And do it within minutes too!

Just a thought to help keep the proper perspective on things.

WOT

Old 05-02-2003 | 01:44 PM
Sociologically speaking...Deviants are good for the system.

Insitutionally speaking..laws are meant to be broken. Snicker.

What I say and do will have rmmifications on me and those I deal with. Works both ways.

I give money for product and services.

When the Law. Government initiate laws and guidelines busines and the public to adhere to..then that is the rules....

I know the rules. Ford knows the rules.

Deny me due process by ignoring me and I will deny you as well.

It is un- American to capitulate in the face of conflict.

Ford is a Multi National Corporation and policy is starting to reflect this.

In my SVT manual it states that these vehicles are recommended to be run as is from the factory. OK...I recall No statement about or disclaimer to indicate that I buy the vehicle and Ford owns it.

If The law says one may use aftermarket parts....

Just what does that mean to you ?

Granted common sense helps.

Like I said before is it my fault that the Dealerships have been getting rich off Ford and now are suffering and in turn the customer is last. You are revenue and nothing else.
Cash flow and asset base.

Just a number.

The smiles and pats on the back are customer service.

My opinion of course.

over $125.000 in Lightnings From Ford and I am a low life.

Whats sad is I think about Ford more than they think about me.

I will change that.

Old 05-02-2003 | 01:47 PM
AZ fun, I really don't know what problems you have experienced with your vehicle, nor could I do anything about them if I did know, but if your that animate maybe you should get rid of it and try one of the other brands. Why continue to be unhappy?
I don't say this to be a wise@ss, or flame you, but if your that unhappy, then do yourself a favor and move on. I know that if I were that unhappy with something I would remove myself from it.
I have issues with my L, and there are several things about it that could be improved, but in the overall, I am happy with it.
Its performance is better than anything I have owned in the past, except for maybe the '69 427/435 hp. Vette I had back in the early 70's. And for total driveability, it is superior to most.
I am sorry you feel the way you do, and hope you can resolve your issues.
Marc

Old 05-02-2003 | 01:48 PM
Originally posted by wydopnthrtl
One thing to keep in mind guys, Is that it's easy to point at the FEW problems and easy to overlook all the things that are going right.

ESPECIALLY!!! When consumers now have a place to voice their opinions and experiences with the world! And do it within minutes too!

Just a thought to help keep the proper perspective on things.

WOT
Here is what the proper perspective should be.

Ford/SVT 36month/36K mile bumper to bumper warranty= Ford will fix any and all manufacturer defect without delay for the warranty period. And all 2001+SVT owners get free loaner cars w/o having to call SVT or spend 2 hours on the phone with customer care reps...

Old 05-02-2003 | 02:06 PM
Agree!

Old 05-02-2003 | 02:08 PM
Ok so Ford reads this, we all KNEW THAT, I sure did
Remember a tech e-mailed me quite some time ago about bashing them here, when I made a list of ALL the KNOWN PROBLEMS he was very nice and agreed with me on most everything, and then asked NOT to be identified

So ok, they know all about our problems, Oh let me change that to "THEIR PROBLEMS", yet they kept using the "No Threads" Heads Yr after Yr after Yr.

EDIT
Oh wait I think I have a quote in THEIR WRITTING about 3 months of Plug Spitting.
(Interesting numbers, imagine how many there really are ???)
"Quoted by Big Brother"
"Well I work for Ford warranty and I can tell you it is a problem. Vehicles under base warranty with SP blowing out of head for the month of Dec. 02 437 Jan. 03 282 at one point last june we hit 900 cliams for the month.
After 36,000 miles the numbers drop but are still a problem. The lightning has been the vehicle I see most often but regular F-150's have had it happen too. Expedition as well."

I'm so glad they take our hard earned money and watch it spit plugs yr after yr after yr "without doing anything about it"
until Finally THE LAST KNOWN GEN III YR 2003

Great way to get repeat Customers
Glad they are listening to US, THE CUSTOMER

Last edited by Rob_02Lightning; 05-02-2003 at 02:10 PM.
Old 05-02-2003 | 02:15 PM
Mr. Carpenter,

I am doing just that. This is my first ford and it will be my last.
I love the truck but the hassle I get taking it in the dealership
is not worth it and knowing that my truck will break down eventually again. Maybe you should be helping ford fix their
issues instead of defending them. The dealers act the way
they do because ford puts them in that position.

Old 05-02-2003 | 03:37 PM
Originally posted by MaxTorque02
Shame on Ford? How can you say that when it was stated on here by the owner that the dealer may have screwed up on the oil change.
Back down there buddy.. When I said "Ford", I'm talking in general about the company and their dealers. The point was valid, the guy should be able to state his opinion on here.

-Mark

Old 05-02-2003 | 04:58 PM
Originally posted by St Louis Lightning
Back down there buddy.. When I said "Ford", I'm talking in general about the company and their dealers. The point was valid, the guy should be able to state his opinion on here.

-Mark
Whooaa. What's up with the back down their buddy? I never meant anything inflammatory towards you. What gave you that impression. Seems like a communication problem.

When I see the word "Ford" I think of FORD Company and not the dealer. The dealers are only a conduit betwen the customer and Ford, but they are an independent business. I never had a problem with the original poster stating his opinion. The reason Ford stepped back was because they now had the owner stating that it could have been dealer negligence that caused the engine problem, where I'm sure the dealer was selling the idea to Ford that it was a manufacturing problem. I haven't read anything on here yet where Ford has denied warranty coverage on a manufacturers defect in this circumstance. If I was Ford, I wouldn't pay for it either if their was suspicioin of negligent work done by the dealer.

Old 05-02-2003 | 05:12 PM
Originally posted by MaxTorque02
Whooaa. What's up with the back down their buddy? I never meant anything inflammatory towards you. What gave you that impression. Seems like a communication problem.

When I see the word "Ford" I think of FORD Company and not the dealer. The dealers are only a conduit betwen the customer and Ford, but they are an independent business.
I am a customer of both the dealer and Ford. I could care less who pays for what on a repair. Bottom line is Ford should ship the engine and work out responsibility with the dealer after. The fact that a users post has delayed resolutions speaks badly for FORD CO's customer service and the dealers.

-Mark

Old 05-02-2003 | 05:29 PM
Re: I agree Konig--

Originally posted by Marc Carpenter
In the 66 Mustangs, someone in their infinate wisdom decided to install a larger wattage light bulb than was required to illuminate the clock face...

...End result, a 39 cent light bulb.
Marc

Can I still get THAT done under warranty?

My clock light never has worked in that thing

Old 05-02-2003 | 06:07 PM
Originally posted by St Louis Lightning
I am a customer of both the dealer and Ford. I could care less who pays for what on a repair. Bottom line is Ford should ship the engine and work out responsibility with the dealer after. The fact that a users post has delayed resolutions speaks badly for FORD CO's customer service and the dealers.

-Mark
I guess we just disagree on how repair claims should be handled when their is a question as to who is liable. I feel it's the dealers responsibility to take care of the customer. You buy the car from the dealer, not Ford.

Quick Reply: From now on since ford looks at this forum....