Lightning

From now on since ford looks at this forum....

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003 | 06:11 PM
Originally posted by BigBoy_99
Hopefully the monkeys at ford can't figure out where the button is....

Hmm....
You caught me! I'm a poser...don't actually own any of those vehicles. In fact, I'm only 14....

Old 05-02-2003 | 07:16 PM
Banned
For known and well documented problems, such as plug launching, ic leak and head leaking, Ford should never hesitate to warranty your truck, period.

However, if you scatter the motor yourself with a chip, pulley and filter and make an attempt to get it warrantied and youre denied, you have no one to be pissed at but yourself.

Its not exactly the pay to play phrase, but a little common sense goes a long way. Im just amazed at seeing how many guys have brought a scattered motor to Ford with the mods stll bolted on, all the way down to the chip

I do wish Ford would have built this truck up more like they did with the cobra.

Old 05-02-2003 | 07:57 PM
ssssoo..

I don't dare discuss the door crack on my '97 that Ford does not dare discuss or acknowledge because I might by a new 'L' soon and they might cop an attitude towards me because of the grief I've expressed on this board on how Ford does'nt want to acknowledge the fact they know there's a problem..etc. etc. etc.

Old 05-02-2003 | 08:25 PM
Originally posted by ib fast
Seems to me that the supercooler idea was discussed on this very board a couple years back as well as lots of dohc 5.4 L motor discussion,tranny woes,flying plugs,,weak rods...
Ford invented ALL of those on their own.

Old 05-02-2003 | 09:11 PM
every car you buy will have some sort of problem, that ones gonna get me flamed...i have never owned a vehicle without problems and every company has certain problems with their cars...fortunetly i have had zero problems with warranty issues but ford seems to be better than ducati motorcycles when it comes to fixing parts...i had flaking rocker arms on my ducati after 6000 miles but it was found 2 weeks after my warranty was over, my dealer wouldnt do a thing but i have been pestering ducati for about a month now and it finally got fixed from a different dealer, ducati also denies a problem with flaking rockers but any ducati owner can tell you about the known problem with the 4Vs....if i mod my truck out i do not expect ford to take care of me if i blow the motor...they built the truck for specific performance and you are taking a huge risk installing a chip and pulley...but im still gonna do a chip and pulley regardless, if it blows i go with a built motor...those are my thoughts and im done

Old 05-02-2003 | 10:14 PM
TDS
Question WARRANTY ISSUES

WARRANTY ISSUES
If there was a mistake on the ford dealers work, it sounds as if there was to me. Then the dealer should be held responsible for the repairs and the "full cost" of repair. Being a Ford service manager, I would personally find the tech responsible and apply a "foot" of persuasion to his or her backside. There is no excuse
for stupidity of that nature. Operating an engine with out oil is BS and the dealer should be held responsible. I have had a similar situation happen here and thats what happen. The customer got a new engine and an extension on his warranty.

Old 05-02-2003 | 10:40 PM
TDS
Talking dirtchicken's comments

As far as dirtchickens comments, let me say this.
I have never done that with my "mudder", besides she charges too much money. and it is probably not worth what she's asking.

Last edited by TDS; 05-02-2003 at 11:00 PM.
Old 05-02-2003 | 10:53 PM
Re: From now on since ford looks at this forum....

Originally posted by Probleminfected
we should all keep everything about our selves on the DL, i mean everything!

i know thats hard, but i rather be safe then sorry

after reading Mastertvtech post about ford reading this board, it makes me sick!

just a warning
oh no! my trucks in the shop! now they will know about the lice/crabs/SARS virus that was all accidently released both under my hood and under my seats when I dropped it off. Will this be an itchy, flu like symptoms related denied warranty?

Well I hope they can discover what that weird smell was. Should I not be saying a possum got into my truck, and I just garaged it until the thing died but I could never find it?

Those poor Ford tech's.

Old 05-03-2003 | 12:52 AM
Originally posted by fastbolt2002
Ford invented ALL of those on their own.
What has that got to do with the price of wheat in china or my post.

You believe the nex't gen concept has almost everything a Lightning enthusiest could ask for by chance?
They read this board and others and take note of what the market wants in its nex't gen L.....this is a good thing.

As far as inventing the powercooler, i am sure it was invented decades ago by someone other than Ford.
They definitly did not invent the Whipple charger.
I also don't think ford invented upgraded rods, dual exhaust on both sides:,dohc motors or big rubber rolleyes:

Old 05-03-2003 | 02:14 AM
Exclamation the supercooler...

As far as inventing the powercooler, i am sure it was invented decades ago by someone other than Ford.
I believe John Coletti patented the Supercooler technology himself... if that is what you were refering to.

Drew

Old 05-03-2003 | 02:23 AM
Exclamation Here's an idea...

Since we know that Ford reads the forums why don't we do a poll of the different design aspects/options we as the consumer would like to see in the Gen III L? Just an idea...

Oh, just curious, but how many people wouldn't mind if they continued the Gen II's another year and worked out some more of the bugs?

I vote yes on both counts...

Drew

Old 05-03-2003 | 09:22 AM
Re: the supercooler...

Originally posted by D-RockLightning
I believe John Coletti patented the Supercooler technology himself... if that is what you were refering to.

Drew
I am sure your right....but patented and invented are two different things.

Old 05-03-2003 | 10:05 AM
Re: Re: the supercooler...

Originally posted by ib fast
I am sure your right....but patented and invented are two different things.
ain't that the TRUTH

Old 05-03-2003 | 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Konig
IFord ONLY has to honor its warranty if you leave your truck STOCK.
That's not quite right. Ford can refuse the warranty claim
IF a non-Ford or other modification DIRECTLY led to the
failure of the part.

If it were the other way, just having a K&N filter kit
installed on an engine that spit a plug wouldn't be
covered under warranty. (And it has been covered).

Known issues have been fixed on my truck every time.
The Oasis report showed a problem and they fixed it. Period.

Old 05-03-2003 | 10:31 AM
Hey Ford, How about u replace all of our heads since we cant even go on a road trip and not be affraid that our 30,000 dollar truck is gonna break down. U knew there was a problem since 97 i believe, and it took you 6 years to fix the problem. BTW, im bitter cause my stock truck, oh wait i have an intake, blew a plug while i was 200 miles away from home and totally *******ed up my spring break.

Quick Reply: From now on since ford looks at this forum....