Lightning

KB or Works blower gains?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003 | 11:26 AM
|
KB or Works blower gains?

How much performance gians can I expect when running the same boost from a stock blower over to an after market one. I am running 14 psi now with a 6# lower, JLP chip and Denso plugs and ran a 12.8.

I am thinking of the next big step. I was also thinking of pulling the motor and just doing the rods. Do we have problems with out pistons and crank or are they strong enough to handle 11 seconds? I will start doing some research nut thought I would start a post to see if anyt one wnats to add thier 2 cents. I will maybe call JLP.

Thanks for any info.

Old 05-03-2003 | 12:03 PM
IMHO......if you plan on keeping the truck for any length of time and race it, I think the built short block is the best investment

Old 05-03-2003 | 01:22 PM
I basically did that kind of swap with my Kenne Bell. I'm running the same boost level, but I have a lot more torque and it pulls to red line in every gear. You can tell where the Eaton fell off for sure. I don't have any performance data as of yet, but I'm pretty pleased with the performance I gained.

As far as the short block goes, I decided I paid 30,000 for this truck and I'd like to get my money out of the block I have first. Of course if you beat on your truck alot and race, and you do not pay attention to your tune it's probably not a good idea. I feel a good conservative tune will go along way with what I have. In the next couple years I will probably replace my long block, and take advantage of my blower ,but until then I've still gained alot of performance and feel 11 second time slips would be no problem.

Just my opinion....

Thanks Mike

Quick Reply: KB or Works blower gains?