Lightning

Erie, PA

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 09:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Erie, PA

There is a possibility that I may be moving there.

Are there any L owners there? any tuners?

What can you tell me good/bad about the town?

Where to eat? Where to go?

Where to live? any parts of town better/worse than others?

Thanks
Dana

Old 05-04-2003, 12:52 AM
ttt

Old 05-04-2003, 01:47 AM
Smile Erie

Greetings,

Sorry, no L here. Im in Pittsburgh, about 2 hours south. Not too many L's in Erie, I have never seen one there to be truthful. Most likely due to the fact there is about 4 feet of snow on the ground 9 months out of the year there! LOL. Erie gets POUNDED with snow, being so close to the lake. So, if you dont have one, Id suggest getting a winter beater, PennDot LOVES salt! So, you will ecome a great chemist and meterologist as you watch PennDot slowly eat your truck away from the ground up. BUT..on the bright side...its a nice town, a giant square, the entire town is set up as a grid, impossible to get lost there. I have some close friends who are medics and FF's there. Not tuners there that I am aware of, closest woud be in Lancaster, JLP I think...its pretty far though..But being only about 2 hours from Pittsburgh, there are a few L's around here, however this is mostly a Mustang place, you cant go 100 feet without passing a foxbody or Cobra down here. Well, I hope this helped, post is you need any more info. As a Flight Paramedic I fly up there often, it really is a nice place, just get your snow boots ready! Talk to you soon, best of luck!

Medic

Old 05-04-2003, 02:15 AM
Dana,

Elaine and I had a good time meeting you at the TALON meet here in Dallas. Too bad you are moving away.

While in the PA area, I know in the Akron/Cleveland area, there is 93Cobra, Marc Carpenter and simmy711 (sp?).

They are good guys!

Take care,

Ronald

Old 05-04-2003, 03:31 PM
Im about 40 minutes up the lake from Erie in NY, Eries snowfall isnt nearly like what you'll find here closer to Buffalo, but regardless a winter ride might be a good idea. Actually winter is awesome if youve got a winter hobby, Im an avid snowmobiler, sled performance makes a lightning seem like a slug. Eries a pretty cool place, great Lake Erie waterfront, not to far from an awesome Cleveland waterfront. Great shopping( peach street has about every store and restraunt under the sun), Brand new nascar track, a couple of dragstips not too far away( one thats in suburbs, 1 in Thompson OH, and of course NORWALK) taxes arent too awful. Dont know where to point you as far as area to live but there are some nice homes in the burbs. If you come here and decide to drive your L in the winter I know where theres a set of 4 brand new 17" momo wheels with 4 new dunlop wintersports that a guy bought for a Lightning and didnt use. I think he wants $1000 for the whole setup. Feel free to contact me if I can be of anymore help.

Last edited by snownyet; 05-04-2003 at 07:43 PM.
Old 05-04-2003, 07:35 PM
hey dana.

i used to live in mentor, ohio. about 30 mins west. it was a nice place to grow up and all, but i would never move back there. the weather sux and salt is hell on cars. i would talk to them about vegas again.

good luck with whatever you decide.

...chris

Old 05-04-2003, 08:53 PM
Ahhh yes, there are reasons for everything... see my email to you..

Dana

Old 05-04-2003, 09:44 PM
Dana,

Good luck on the PA. gig !

Just roll on down to Mid-OH, check out the auto-x action and post some .jpgs!

Ronald/Elaine

Old 05-04-2003, 10:11 PM
Ronnie and Lanie

lets see how the decision goes this week.. not a done deal yet so until it is I am here in Big D with you guys... but the place and people sound really great (except for -18 and big time snow, but that doesnt happen all the time) and I can be pretty exclusive with an L up there..
it was fun last Thursday wasnt it?
Dana

Old 05-05-2003, 01:12 PM
Well you'll be alot closer JDM, JL and PSP

Old 05-05-2003, 01:50 PM
true

Originally posted by captainoblivious
Well you'll be alot closer JDM, JL and PSP
but we have our own tuner here and he's a pretty good guy (well most of the time,,, hehe)

he gets a lot of parts from JDM, PSP and the others.

Performance Research.

Dana

Old 05-05-2003, 02:39 PM
It's not that bad a place... there's a Quaker Steak and Lube right there. Cleveland has quite a bit, plus we have NORWALK!! Quaker City is over that way, but I haven't heard good reviews as of yet. I live in the country, so my fun is moonshine and baja'n the horse and buggy.

Old 09-27-2003, 07:54 AM
Smile Well, here's the update

I have been here for about 3 weeks and the weather has been great and yes I know it isnt winter yet.. Dont have the L here yet, but do have the winter beater, 2002 Acura TL, will get the L here with the move in a month or so. This is great little city, with nice folks, easy to get around in, some good restaurants, and access to some other big cities within a couple hours drive. I have seen a few other rods around town and cant wait to get mine here. Found a dyno to get some numbers, gotta be better than the ones I got at 90 degrees in Dallas. Am going to get a house with a three car garage to make sure the L gets pampered during the winter. It will also give me the time to spend some focused time on the L detailing, updating and doing mods to it.

But I thought I would post again to see if any L owners have made their way to Erie.

The wife and I plan on going to some races around here, esp the Formula One race in Indianapolis next year, maybe make the drive to Canada to see the one there. Take in a CART race, some drags, some other road racing, etc.. We will drive over to New England and The City to check out Manhattan, etc. (I have been there and she hasnt)... Looks like there are a lot of places to go and a lot of things to do.. people get out a lot here as well.. there are a couple of ski areas within a couple of hours drive as well.. this will really be fun.. who knows, just might have to drive up to Pittsburgh and spank an old fox body or two as well..

Dana

Old 09-27-2003, 10:41 AM
Thumbs up Welcome!

Welcome to Pa. Dana!

Glad to see you are enjoying it here so far. The weather will be turning cold here shortly! If there is anything I can help you out with please do not hesitate to contact me. A few things...not sure what color your L is, but we have some pretty decent "specialty plates" that can really set a truck off. If your truck is black get one of the "DARE" plates, they are black and silver with a red DARE on them and look really sharp on a black truck, check out the PENNDOT website to see pics of that and other plates. Laos, be careful when ordering pizza up there, you might get a delivery guy with a bomb around his neck! Let me know if and when you are coming to Pitt, there is a pretty big SVT/Saleen dealer down here that puts on a nice show every year.

Best of luck!
Medic
p.s.: e-mail addy: rwvmedic422@hotmail.com

Old 09-27-2003, 11:46 AM
YO YO Medic

thanks for the welcome.. We will be making our way to Pittsburgh just to go to IKEA. We have a lot of stuff from that store from when I lived in Houston and then later in Dallas.
I dont know if we can make it in the L up there before the snow blows, but we will try.. I will drop you a note to see if you want to meet up for a bite to eat or something.. let me know if anything good is happening on a Sat or Sun so I can drive up.. Fri night would be a bit tough..
thanks for the heads up on the plates.. will go there and see what they have.. I do have a black L, but not sure I want the "Raiders" look.. know what I mean? I have a black frame around my Tx plate now..
Dana

Quick Reply: Erie, PA