Lightning

Tool Time

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003 | 07:47 PM
you guys that use craftsman must have never felt the way a good wrench or ratchet feels in your hand.

craftsmen feel like crap, but their pro series is pretty nice, they don't sell it in the stores though.

also, if you brake that many ratchets, their is something wrong with you or craftsmen just suck.

i use my tools for 8 hours + over 20 days out of the month, and all i usually brake is trox bits

craftsmen sockets are nice, and some of their other stuff is nice, but for working on engines/cars/trucks they really aren't that great. and like i said before i use atd and sk

the only people that use craftsmen in my shop are the 18 year old kids and the cheap old farts.

tools are tools, its price/quality/quantity that matters, not brand

i'm not saying i'm some expert, but after working out of peoples tool boxes for a couple of months before i got mine setup, you find out what sucks and what doesn't

Old 05-10-2003 | 08:22 PM
It all depends on what you do! If you make your money with your tools, you spend the money..

But let me ask you this, in our shop we have a $250,000 5 axis machining center that can do all kinds of stuff(including resurfacing rotors), would you spend the money to get that for resurfacing rotors?? Hell no, you wouldn't use it that much, but we can make 10x what the machine costs in one year with the stuff we do with it, but for the people who would only ever have to use it every now and then, it just wouldn't pay to buy it..(*****ty example but ya kinda get what I mean)..

When you make your living off you tools you buy the best...When ya make your living machining stuff, you buy the best most productive easiest to use machine tool.....(Ours is a Mazaak)

Old 05-10-2003 | 08:26 PM
haha but you see my tools are cheeper then even craftsman

Old 05-10-2003 | 09:26 PM
I just bought a 155 piece toolset from Craftsman tonight. I have tons of craftsman tools in my garage toolboxes, but it is nice to have a kit that has everything together to take to the track. I wish I knew you could get Snap-on for the same price. Everytime I hopped on the Snap-on truck I'd spend $100 and get two or three tools. Maybe the prices have dropped since I haven't bought anything from them in years.

Old 05-10-2003 | 09:28 PM
nope they have gone up $$$, thats why i don't buy from the major tool truck guys.

the guy that lives next to me sells atd and sk and he gives me good deals, so i buy from him

Old 05-10-2003 | 09:31 PM
Here's the tool set we all need from snap on:

Snap On
Product Specifications
Stock Number 9600GSBO
Name Complete U.S. Set 6
Price** $28,988.50

That's some dough for tools....same price as the truck.

Quick Reply: Tool Time