Lightning

4V Motors for Lightnings

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2003 | 05:09 PM
|
4V Motors for Lightnings

We have contracted a manufacturer to make us the intake manifolds for the Navigator 4v motor. Due to the fact that there is a substantial difference in acquisition cost in relation to volume, we are looking to see how many people might be interested in a built 4v crate motor. This means you can take out your motor and drop this one right into its place with only minimal accessory changes.

This is an opportunity to put a 4v supercharged motor in a Harley truck. We will, of course be offering this on the Lightning sights as well to get a total number.

Here is what the motor will consist of.

A) Built shortblock, good to 750+ HP

B) All outside functional parts to make a 2v to 4v swap, which will include all timing components, covers, brackets, etc.

C) Stock 4v heads & cams with 4v intake to accomodate a supercharger.

D) A Works 140 supercharger.

These units will come completely assembled.

Target price is approximately $10,350.00 @volume of 20 motors. If fewer (10) are bought the price will be approximately $13,800.00. If more than 20 are bought the price gets more negotiable.

Price does not include core acquisition cost which means you will have to supply a used motor or we will buy it for you. Upgrades to heads, porting, oversized valves, cams, etc. will be additional as well as any peripherals needed to complete an install.

Orders will be taken on a first come first serve basis and will require a 50% deposit. FOB Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.

Old 05-09-2003 | 05:35 PM
that sounds like a really nice motor.....
are the 140's even out though?

HEHEEH I wonder what one of those motors in a harley or lightning would be like!!!!!!!!

Old 05-09-2003 | 06:13 PM
well, shoot!

I just bought a 2V longblock from REM. Still, I'm definately in if I can get the parts to do a conversion and re-use my shortblock.

Old 05-09-2003 | 06:46 PM
TimBurntire,
I think it's great that you have this in the works. I understand your not going to put out the whole, "this is how were going to do it," list here and now.

I do have a few questions.

Do youn already have one running? If not, when-need time to build up checkbook. ETA on this package?

Is the lower intake going to be cast or hand fabricated?

Will a new re-worked engine harness come with the engine?

Will you possibly be offering just the lower intakes for sale and will they use the stock I/C and Eaton blowers.

Fuel mamgement compnents?

What about tuning?

Thanks

Dave.

Old 05-09-2003 | 06:49 PM
Account Suspended Pending Email Reply
I'd buy one in a heartbeat. It's got 2 components that I'll be buying in the next year in it already, plus the 4V heads.

Old 05-09-2003 | 08:04 PM
Seeing is that I have already done this swap over 6-months ago its no big deal.

I run a Kenne Bell on top for clearancing issues when the 5.4 4V goes back in.

I had my manifolds custom built in Las Vegas.

JDM could not make their work and I did.

If any of you need help on the swap I'm good to go and can answer anything!

I run a Sean Hyland 2001 5.4 4V that stroked to just under 360 CI from the 330-stock, Mod max cams...tons of aftermarket goodies.

I run Accel Gen 7 DFI to do away from the Computer monitoring and to ditch the mass air meter and flow Lucas 72-lb injectors, Cartech fuel rails, Canton oil pan, Spearco intercooler.......

Peace

Old 05-09-2003 | 08:12 PM
stangbadboy,
how much did all of that cost you?

Old 05-09-2003 | 08:38 PM
Hey Tim Because of how far away I am. And cause I like to build my own engines. I would love to have a lower intake to do a conversion. I would buy one if you could offer the intake only. I am allready in line for a Works 140.

I just wish you would of had this before I had you guys do me a set of SOHC heads. Oh well I will just have to put them in something else if I can get the intake.

Karl

Old 05-09-2003 | 09:16 PM
harley

Harleys have 2 piece driveshafts that are the weakpoint of the entire truck, putting this engine in a harley would snap that 2 piece driveshaft quickly.

Old 05-09-2003 | 11:00 PM
Mustangbadboy,
Long list of mods. Very cool. If you don't mind me asking? What did the 4V set up run ya just to make it work? Is you truck a daily driver? Can it be a daily driver with your set up?

Old 05-09-2003 | 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Mustangbadboy
1999 DOHC SVT lightning, Kenne Bell Twin Screw, Accel Gen 7 DFI, SHM P&P Heads, Kooks Custom Headers, Custom X-pipe, 4.56 gears, 8pt roll cage, Frame being boxed as we speak, adjustable 4-link rear suspension, Level 10-transmissions, with PI Torque Converter, 4x4 pan. Recaro Custom Stiched seats. Oh Yeah SONIC BLUE! Keystone Designs ram air hood
10.93 @ 128
All Throttle, No Bottle!

2003 F350 Crew Cab Powerstroke Dually "Toy Hauler"

2003 Southwest Featherlite 50-foot Enclosed trailer

2001 Black SVT Lightning, NEW SHM 5.4 2V, Level 10-tranny, Kenne Bell Blower, chip, gears, Harley Davidson front bumper cover, Harwood cowl Hood
Stock engine and tranny for sale!

See ya all in TOPEKA, KANSAS

Put Ya Money Where Your Mouth Is!

Now here's a guy that knows what he's doing

2 TRULY BAD *** Lightning's
A brand new enclosed trailer, and a brand new F350 to haul it all IN STYLE.

Holy Moly I'm jelous

Rich Guy Hu

Really nice line up and Mods Mustangbadboy

Old 05-11-2003 | 02:43 AM
TT

Well Tim, need more info.

Also how about a top end package for guys who have the built lower. Intake, DOHC heads, headers, and cam cover. And how about say some different power leval packages. Stage one stock heads, Stage two ported heads, and a stage three with ported heads, valves, and crower cams.

And will this intake accept the stock blower. You could sell more also if the stock blower could bolt up. Not every one can buy everything all at once.

Karl

Old 05-11-2003 | 03:21 AM
Banned
Originally posted by Mustangbadboy
Seeing is that I have already done this swap over 6-months ago its no big deal.

I run a Kenne Bell on top for clearancing issues when the 5.4 4V goes back in.

I had my manifolds custom built in Las Vegas.

JDM could not make their work and I did.

If any of you need help on the swap I'm good to go and can answer anything!

I run a Sean Hyland 2001 5.4 4V that stroked to just under 360 CI from the 330-stock, Mod max cams...tons of aftermarket goodies.

I run Accel Gen 7 DFI to do away from the Computer monitoring and to ditch the mass air meter and flow Lucas 72-lb injectors, Cartech fuel rails, Canton oil pan, Spearco intercooler.......

Peace
How about some pics...

What did the custom lower manifolf set you back? $3K?

Old 05-11-2003 | 11:52 AM
Could you sell a package that includes B) and C) on your list? I already have a built shortblock.

Thanks

Old 05-11-2003 | 12:19 PM
Put Ya Money Where Your Mouth Is!
Mustangbadboy, you must have a BIG mouth. j/k

OR

You could always have it built by JR @ Daytona Highland Racing in Vegas like you did Tim for less $$ and a stronger bottom end.

Last edited by Redneck Ferrari; 05-11-2003 at 12:23 PM.

Quick Reply: 4V Motors for Lightnings