Lightning

Have I been doing a burnout incorrectly?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003 | 07:55 PM
|
Question Have I been doing a burnout incorrectly?

I found this:

Have done a few burn outs with my A4. Powerbrake her, hold the brakes lightly not to much pedal. The front brakes will hold over the rears, hit the gas to about 25-3000 rpm and take your foot off the brake. Hit the gas WOT. Don't fprget to set her into comp mode first. You will burn until you let off the gas. The best gear for this is drive and you shouln't hit the rev limiter. Disclaimer: keep in mind this is not the best thing to do to your vette and keep this practice to a minimim. Severe damage could result from this immature act and it could become expensive--- sure is fun though. PS find a good extra wide road as the azz end tends to swing a little left to right, and also make sure theres no lawmen in the general area cause they tend to frown on this kind of antics. One more thing, you have to post the video on the forum when tour done. good luck

in the corvette forums where a guy asked "how to do a burnout with an auto trans".

Now, my question is about the "take your foot off the brake" statement. I've been holding the brakes down/on during the entire burnout time. I thought that's what you more experienced guys said was correct?

Comments???

Dan

Old 05-10-2003 | 08:04 PM
What kind of burnout? At the track? If so, I wouldn't take my foot off the brake. Not much room there when you lurch forward after getting off the brakes.

On the street and just for show? You've got more than enough h.p. / tq. behind you to just stomp on it and 'sit and spin'. You know what I mean. I don't know if you have drag radials or F1s, but my truck just spins them up to third from a dead stop if I nail it. Ask yysenhimer and mrinaldi. They saw my in-cab videos.

Good luck in your tire frying endeavors.

Dan

Old 05-10-2003 | 08:22 PM
Old 05-10-2003 | 08:29 PM
|
Thanks guys. I'm referring to doing a burnout at the track with M/Ts on--not for 'show' but for the best burnout for the best 60' times.

Dan

Old 05-10-2003 | 08:29 PM
WOW!!!that first burnout vid is nuts...great job!

Old 05-10-2003 | 10:02 PM
Account Suspended Pending Email Reply
Originally posted by LIGHTNINROD
Thanks guys. I'm referring to doing a burnout at the track with M/Ts on--not for 'show' but for the best burnout for the best 60' times.

Dan
Yeah... In that case, the LAST thing you want to do is let your foot off of the brakes. Unless you have a line-lock kit, of course.

Quick Reply: Have I been doing a burnout incorrectly?