Lightning

4" shackles please read

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 06:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: You didn't think I was gonna get ripped off did you ?
Originally posted by device manager
Didn't you purchase and install a plasma booster on your L?
Yes device manager,
Hence my second statement

Originally posted by Rob_02Lightning
Maybe I should re-phrase that, I did go and buy a Plasma Booster

LIVE AND LEARN
Schitt I thought I was gonna be the first one with this hot new Mod. Great aint it. I don't care as much for spending the Money as I do the instant void of my Wrrnty, due to cutting into every got dam coil wire we got. HOW YOU GONNA HIDE THAT ???

Old 05-12-2003, 09:07 AM
Banned
MSD Stacker 8 is what you will want Rob. It was recalled due to not working on the GM engines and will be re-leashed shortly.

Old 05-12-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Flying ****
MSD Stacker 8 is what you will want Rob. It was recalled due to not working on the GM engines and will be re-leashed shortly.

How much difference is there between the MSD unit and the Boost-a-spark marketed by Kenne Bell? I had a boost-a-spark unit in 97 for my Cobra. It seemed to help with "blow out" problems I had once I installed the Vortech unit. That one spliced into the two coils, but I hear the new unit will work with the coil over plug system used by Ford.

Old 05-12-2003, 10:28 AM
yeah

Originally posted by Crash-n-Burn
I would like to put a booster on my plasma.Can anyone tell me where its located?

It is next to the flux capacitor

Old 05-12-2003, 12:19 PM
totally agree w/ you on this, glad someone said something

i went out and bought the 3' shackle, and you know what it did? absolutly nothing, i paid $50 for 2' shackles, and totally wasted them, when i payed $100 for 3' shackles, to get a milimeter more drop.....

thats $150 that could have went towards hangers, or just new leaf springs...

Old 05-12-2003, 02:28 PM
one of my favorites

Ram air for a super charged engine. What makes it better is the pick-up is 4-5 inches off the pavement that you could fry an egg on.
JE

Old 05-12-2003, 04:51 PM
Good post. Thanks for the insight. I've heard a lot about the 3-4" shackles but the facts (actual measurements) and pictures are few and far between.

Old 05-12-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by cobra97snake
totally agree w/ you on this, glad someone said something

i went out and bought the 3' shackle, and you know what it did? absolutly nothing, i paid $50 for 2' shackles, and totally wasted them, when i payed $100 for 3' shackles, to get a milimeter more drop.....

thats $150 that could have went towards hangers, or just new leaf springs...
ditto...my Western Chassis 2" and JLP 3" shackles are EXACTLY the same

Old 05-12-2003, 08:04 PM
yeah

right on buddy!!!

There are some things that are some exceptions though.

For instance.....electric fan kits. People post left and right how they should make them themselves and not pay the money. Some people have done it successfully, some people have not. I bought mine from JDM and was a sinch to install and am very happy with it.

Eluzion bought the fan and pump from ford, and bought the wiring harness and sender from JDM. We got all the hardware and brackets from my hardware store. By the time we hacked the ford fan apart to get all the extra plastic off the fan.....fit the fan, made the brackets, drilled and lined everything up, realized the fan was too close to the belt.....pulled it out and remounted it.....he was quick to realize it just wasn't worth it.

I can honestly say i'm very happy with all of my mods and there's not 1 that hasn't had a positive result. Now granted, there are many mods i have passed over (um um....plasma booster).....

I would have to say the least cost/gain ratio would be my accufab t/b. I am pleased with it and with the fan, pump and t/b, i picked up 2-3 consistant tenths. But to do over, that might have been one of my final mods. Now that I have both...i would have gladly traded off my t/b for the recently added traction bars.

Old 05-12-2003, 09:56 PM
I have the shackles on the SCREW, lowered it 1"...But through the pinion angle off enough to get to listen to the whine of the rear end, Now I am forced to do it right and relocate the spring hangers, (doesn't cost anything except for bolts and a couple of bits)...I will relocate them and it will not affect ther pinion angle..

Hope someone got something out of my post...Been there and done that...

Old 05-13-2003, 08:40 AM
I thought somthing smelled fishy with the large shackle drop! Thanks for the post!

Jimmy

Old 05-13-2003, 11:30 AM
Now I feel dumb because I just received my 2/3/4 shackles. I will install on the lowest setting and get measurement changes for everyone here as well as pictures. I paid the extra cash because it gave me the ability to change the rear height easily... but if it's for only a .0625" difference, then I will be upset.

Old 05-13-2003, 11:48 AM
Looking forward to seeing those numbers!

Last edited by suds5.4; 05-13-2003 at 02:33 PM.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:09 PM
I'll post what I find also; I can't believe JL would put something out that has a big problem.

BTW: I say a suspension company in Truckin selling some adjustable 1~3 and 3~5 shackles in there ad. If you think about it; how would they sell hangers if all you had to do was buy shackles. They have to make there money some how.

Old 05-13-2003, 01:34 PM
Here is a wild idea. Everyone that bought the 2-3-4 shackles expecting to get a full 4" drop why don't you remove them and return them to place of purchase? If they do not perform as claimed return them. If money is no longer being made on bogus claims perhaps problems like this will cease. That will also show who truely stands behind the products that they sell. I see no reason that a parts buyer should be out any money if the product does not do what it is claimed to do. Why is everyone sitting on these parts? Time to start making things right. In my industry if my parts do not perform up to my claims I will replace them or refund the cost ASAP. That's the difference between making a customer and making a sale. As long as there are profits to be made from bogus claims they will continue.

Quick Reply: 4" shackles please read