Lightning

Thinking about a Lightning

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003 | 03:32 PM
Mike's02Bolt:

Welcome to Georgia! How long you been here???
I spent many years in Maryland in the aerospace business.
When I came back to Ga it took me a while to realise that they
dont make rockets or satelites here...

Old 05-16-2003 | 03:45 PM
I've been here since 9/99 and love every minute of it!!!! Since that time I've been trying to "open the eyes" of all my fellow yankee friends to just how wonderful it is down here.

Old 05-16-2003 | 05:20 PM
Valhalla,

What part of West Texas? I'm in Lubbock, don't have a L yet but working on it

Old 05-16-2003 | 05:27 PM
Mike's02Bolt

I really miss Chesapeake crabcakes and National Beer.
As you probably know by now Ga can have some pretty
ugly weather (tornados, storms, cold winters etc.).
Have you had "grits" yet? or collards?

Old 05-16-2003 | 08:08 PM
Posting Rights Suspended For Too Many Antagonistic Posts
Move to San Diego Dude! Screw the tires, you'll drive the L every day here. Cruisin Pacific Beach droolin over the hotest babes on the planet and O'ya you can drop $500.000 of your hard earned benies on a 1400 sq. foot house that was built in the 50's baby. But remember, no snow! You gotta pay to play!

Old 05-16-2003 | 08:21 PM
If you can drive, you will do fine. I drive mine all winter long. Obviously you cant pin the petal to the floor and you will lose control occasionally but you just keep the tires pointin straight adn baby the throttle adn you will be fine. It is all in the driver. I am not saying i am dale earhardt or anything but if you drive a performance vehicle you should be a good enough driver to keep it on the road. Some say it helps to put weight in the back but i didn't and did fine in NJ's worst winter ever. You should be fin.

Vinny

Old 05-16-2003 | 10:39 PM
GA Moon...I have had grits and must admit I LOVE 'em!!!! Collards on the otherhand....waaaaaaay too bitter for me....and then there is sweet tea.....god I love that stuff!!!!! I'm convinced that if I poured some in the gas tank of my L I would pick up another 20 or 30 hp to the wheels!!

You are right GA can have some mean weather...I've never seen T-storms with the intensity we have down here...but even that does not compare to the noreaster or blizzard we would have in CT with a foot and a half of snow and minus zero wind chills....brrrrrr!!!!

If there is anything I do miss about not living up north is being able to hop in the car...drive to the Meadowlands...tailgate and watch my New York Football Giants kick some ****!! If it were not for the NFL football ticket on DirectTV I would be a miserable SOB during the fall!!!!

Old 05-17-2003 | 08:10 AM
I'm from Fla and boy do I miss boiled peanuts! But the Lightning keeps me warm at night.

WOT

Old 05-17-2003 | 08:40 AM
I am lucky enough to own both an 01 C5 and 00 L, and to be totally honest, I prefer the truck to the Vette. I feel more safe sitting up higer in the truck, not to mention reliability factor of the truck. My Vette has been in for service 5 times...oil consumption, brake booster, active handling, "rocking seat", gas guage goes from 1/2 tank to empty in 0 seconds, I only have 16k miles on the Vette too! The Lightning has 38K miles, and has only been in the shop 1 time for a leaking pinion seal!

I don't want anyone to think the Vette is a junker, it is an awesome handling machine, power is superb, MPG is 2x what the tuck gets! I get alot of flack from the guys on Corvetteforum and such for praising my Ford, but it has been the best most reliable modded vehicle I have ever owned. The Vette is still faster at the track though....I hate wheel hopping!

Old 05-17-2003 | 10:45 AM
Mike's02Bolt:

If you like grits then you are "accepted" here in Ga.

But Mike your not "totally" accepted her until you put peanuts
in a pepsi or coke...then eat a moon pie...you have to do these
things or else...you gonna do it? if you dont there are mysterious
consequences that I'm not at liberty to discuss...

TAKECOVER:
I too also feel safer in my truck than in a low slung sports car.
Sorry your having problems with the Vette. It must be a pleasure
though to have both of these beauties.

Quick Reply: Thinking about a Lightning