Lightning

Fake Lightning Owners- Post!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003 | 02:29 PM
When we had our auto show here in town a few months ago I saw what you guys are talking about. When I pulled into my parking spot, I sas the rear end of another truck pulling out. With the SVTF150 badge on the back of it I thought cool, a Lightning.

It was a regular cab flareside that had been lowered and I believe had the body kit on it, couldn't really tell though, and I also couldn't see if he had Lightning Badges on the fenders.

Then I saw it. It was a STX model. He left the stickers on the rear fenders. I would have thought it was a Lightning, If I hadn't seen the STX sticker. But then I saw a real Lightning in the parking lot, so that made up for it.

Old 05-15-2003 | 03:25 PM
I'm under the impression that it's your vehicle do as you please, but I'll have to agree putting other vehicle emblems (or any stickers of any kind, windshield banners included "thanks, but I already knew what kind of car it was") are too much. There's a "Cadillac Escalade" extended cab Chevy running around here, a regular cab silver "Harley Davidson" and several other things, but if you want to use parts from them go for it I don't care, just don't call it something else. Several people have thought my truck was a Lightning, and I'm quick to correct them. Several people have also suggested turning my 67 Belvedere Convertable into a GTX clone, but why? Plymouth already made that. I want something different. I like having a regular cab flareside V8 in a day when everyone else has extended cabs and four doors. It makes my truck different, and that's what I'm looking for...

and just for the record it wouldn't matter what I was driving. If a riced out Honda beat me off the line, and made it to the next stop light before I did, WOW, when he gets there he's still driving a Honda... I'm more than happy with my truck. I don't need to go around trying to drive faster than anyone else. That's what the tracks are for, and I know my place...

Old 05-15-2003 | 03:36 PM
I'm trying to pose as a 01'-03'......Hehee!

Old 05-15-2003 | 03:47 PM
Originally posted by 78f1hundo
That is a good looking truck, my friend. And quite ironic behind that STOP sign.

Old 05-15-2003 | 03:58 PM
Originally posted by 78f1hundo
If you go for 03 you better get that back end just a tad higher, like 6 or 7 inches.

Old 05-15-2003 | 03:58 PM
okay, I am bored, so here I go.............

First and foremost, the 1997 model of the F-150 brought us our current F-150 bodystyle. The current model Lightning was "born" in the 1999 model AND IS BASED ON THE 1997 F-150 BODYSTYLE. Therefore, which "model" is a "copy" of which? It should be obvious.

The Lightning is a faster VERSION of the late model F-150. I like both the late model F-150 and the late model Lightnings. I am not attempting to make my F-150 a "fake Lightning". I am and will continue to make my F-150 handle better, move faster and look like I want it to look like. That includes styling from other F-150s, Lightnings, Rangers, Harleys, Firebirds, etc. Its called being an American ......people, take you elitist views back to Britain......where they originated.

Old 05-15-2003 | 04:20 PM
Originally posted by iron horse
okay, I am bored, so here I go.............

First and foremost, the 1997 model of the F-150 brought us our current F-150 bodystyle. The current model Lightning was "born" in the 1999 model AND IS BASED ON THE 1997 F-150 BODYSTYLE. Therefore, which "model" is a "copy" of which? It should be obvious.

The Lightning is a faster VERSION of the late model F-150. I like both the late model F-150 and the late model Lightnings. I am not attempting to make my F-150 a "fake Lightning". I am and will continue to make my F-150 handle better, move faster and look like I want it to look like. That includes styling from other F-150s, Lightnings, Rangers, Harleys, Firebirds, etc. Its called being an American ......people, take you elitist views back to Britain......where they originated.
Too late to send back the Lightning badges huh?
And it's un-American to dislike riceboy tactics? whatever..

Old 05-15-2003 | 04:22 PM
i don't think theres anything at all wrong with customizing your vehicle. I think the line is crossed when you try to badge your vehicle some that it isnt. Its like trying to pull a fast one on everyone that sees you.

If you put a mercedes tag on a toyota corolla you arent fooling anyone and you look like a moron.

Old 05-15-2003 | 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Silverstrike
Too late to send back the Lightning badges huh?
And it's un-American to dislike riceboy tactics? whatever..
No, its un-American to quote someone and then post thoughts that are unrelated to the quote and unfounded like yours.

.......in other words, as far as the "stink'in" badges b.s........for the record, I have no Lightning badges on my truck.........but you would not know that since you did not ask before your last post

Last edited by iron horse; 05-15-2003 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-15-2003 | 04:32 PM
And see what iron horse is doing i think is great. Same thing goes to neal. Customizing your stuff is awesome. Its just that thing about forgery you know.

Old 05-15-2003 | 04:33 PM
Here we go again with the 'High and Mighty" Lightning owners. How do you get you AND your truck up on your high horse? If someone makes his truck into a Lightning lookalike and gets beat by a ricer, how does this affect you? What does it have to do with you? If said ricer starts blowing off and it hurts your sensative little self, then you can take your big bad Lightning and show him whose boss if that's what it takes to make you feel better(more manly). Oh yeah, my dad can beat your dad up.

Old 05-15-2003 | 04:41 PM
wow, when did the lightning forum turn into the

Last edited by Konig; 05-15-2003 at 04:49 PM.
Old 05-15-2003 | 04:46 PM
Yeah, .......I understand the very narrow issue of misrepresentation and how in certain circumstances that would be illegal, however, this is just about "bad taste". However, time and time again, I continue to see threads like this show the small percentage of site members that are not just concerned about authenticity (but then again, how does the die hard owner reconcile the fact that their truck has aftermarket mods. and therefore is no longer 100% authentic?) but will cross the line into elitist, shallow, self-absorbed and insecure views about other people because of a mechanical item that costs more and is faster. ........but then again, this is American, just ....... "Don't Tread on Me"

Last edited by iron horse; 05-15-2003 at 04:49 PM.
Old 05-15-2003 | 04:46 PM
and the Jealousy ensues.....

- Redneck High and Mighty Lightning Owner

Old 05-15-2003 | 04:58 PM
We're are not saying our truck is better than yours just because it's faster, handles better, or has ground effects. What we are saying is give the hard working people in the Special Vehicle Team credit where credit is due. I'm sure they have to work hard to get a company like Ford to allow them to create these awesome vehicles. And I also believe what I payed for my truck is a fair value for what people like the SVT put into it. And to me that is more than a $800 body kit and $25 badges...

...Owning a SVT is about alot more than a plastic logo...

Quick Reply: Fake Lightning Owners- Post!