Lightning

Fake Lightning Owners- Post!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003 | 11:04 PM
Originally posted by TZRLightning01
do what you want with your truck, just dont badge it as a Lightning if it isn't one please
Well said.

Mikes02bolt: I am aware of the Boss series. I took a stage 3 for a test drive...it drove ALOT like a lightning when you take off the blower belt. I was VERY dissapointed. No faster than my moms 03 FX4 F-150. The exhaust was nice though.

Old 05-15-2003 | 11:11 PM
Originally posted by TZRLightning01
yes, true we are modifying a version of your F-150. however, we are not doing so to make our trucks look or perform like yours. the Lightning is an IMPROVEMENT on the F-150;
The Lightning is not an improvement on the F-150. Its just a different version.

Old 05-15-2003 | 11:17 PM
hmmm...even though I dont own a Lightning and dont worship them or anything...I do think theyre an improvement over a REGULAR cab F150. absolutely.

If you want to argue Supercrews vs. Lightnings you could make it more interesting as far as functionality vs. speed or whatever.

but a basic reg cab f150 vs a lightning doesnt seem to be a contest from an outside perspective

Old 05-15-2003 | 11:41 PM
Originally posted by rocketir
The Lightning is not an improvement on the F-150. Its just a different version.
thats like saying a Z06 is not an improvement on the corvette, just a different version. its obviously an improvement, as it handles better, is faster, and looks better (the looks part is subjective I admit). the same is true of lightnings when compared to regular F-150s.

CoachP, I do agree that a supercrew buyer like yourself buys his truck for different reasons than an L buyer. we were discussing people who mod their regular F-150s in an attempt to have them seem "Lightning-like", not supercrews. however, one can make the same comparison with the F-150 supercrew and the Harley supercrew, to which all my previous statements would apply.

Old 05-15-2003 | 11:49 PM
I see what youre saying. The whole thing is about personal preference really. Personally I looked at a few Harleys but just didnt like them as much. It truly wasnt about money in my case as I wouldve actually spent even more than I wound up spending if I found something I liked more. The look of the Harleys just didnt appeal as much to me as the solid black lariat screw did to me. Now Im sure I could find 100 people who disagree on this board and I know the Harley is faster and all...but I test drove the Harley first....but when I found the Screw I wanted I knew it was gonna be mine right away. Ive gotten a ton of compliments already and am very pleased with the purchase.

I dont want to go into specific reasons why I didnt care as much for the Harleys because I love this board too much to get labeled a troublemaker on it. And I wouldnt want to talk negatively about someone else's truck b/c people who went with the harley or L or reg cab or whatever could find reasons to talk about mine.

But I do think a better example of a true "upgrade" is something like an XL vs. an XLT or an XLT vs. a Lariat

Comparing Harleys to Lariats is a little bit more of a grey area and turns into what style you prefer.

Last edited by CoachP; 05-15-2003 at 11:55 PM.
Old 05-16-2003 | 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Flying ****
At the FFW in April when i met John Coletti, we rolled by truck club that shall not be unamed with a couple expeditions that had SVT badges on them. Coletti's response? Eye Roll 101

Posers? How about a guy who showed up at the show with a Roush F150 and stated he belonged to the Southern CA Lightning Owners Club? Flattered? Hardly.

Dont imitate what you cant back up. Thanks and good day.

Who is John Coletti? If you would have said Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, or Lawrence Ellison I would be impressed. But in all reality, people could care so little about thier trucks compared to other things. Ok, you have a quick truck, just as backwoods hillbilly redneck bob down the street in his 88 mustang or camero that the window's wont roll down. Dont fret the little stuff that makes your ***** bigger. Enrich yourself and become more worldy. Dont argue about vehicles. But in reality, when you argue about vehicles you are showing your stupidity. For you have fallen into the scam of Society. You should argue about how we should help the US or the World, and how you should provide for your family, or why we should cut taxes and get rid of welfare. Oh, and Patriatism is ****. The majority is jumping on the bandwagon for doing not a single thing to help out america. Its all a big scam.

Old 05-16-2003 | 12:10 AM

Old 05-16-2003 | 12:19 AM
WHO IS JOHN COLETTI???

seriously though dude, we're talking about our Ford trucks, not the global economy. you need to chill out.

Last edited by TZRLightning01; 05-16-2003 at 12:36 AM.
Old 05-16-2003 | 12:23 AM
john coletti heads the SVT team correct?

Lets make it simple. You wanna mod your truck, you wanna make it go fast? Great. You even wanna make it look exactly like a lightning thats fine. In fact, i wish more people modded their cars to make them look like they want them to and drive like they want them to, it makes you say, hey this is my vehicle and i take pride in it. But then why put the tags on there? What are you trying to say? What your trying to say is "i have a lightning, this is my truck and its a f150 SVT lightning, a special edition limited truck" Isnt what that tags there for? on both a real and a fake But if it isnt a Lightning, then that tag is a lie, your truck is a lie, and that makes you a liar, and no one likes liars. And by doing all the body work and then slapping the tag on there, it shows something about your character, your saying, not only am i lying, but im expending a lot of effort to cover up and conceal my lie. I don't wanna really chesse anyone off, but thats just my personal opinion.

Old 05-16-2003 | 12:25 AM
phillip, this is a truck board, you wanna argue politics and world issues i recommend you head over to www.guerrillanews.com . Theres a great forum over there.

Old 05-16-2003 | 12:27 AM

I couldn't agree more

Old 05-16-2003 | 12:30 AM
grinomyte...I agree 110% with the statement you just made.

the only difference in MY philosophy is...I say LET them put those things on their truck if they want....hell...let them put cartoons pissing on things or flames or a friggin unicorn's horn on the roof....

It gives them something to do...
and gives the rest of us something to make fun of.

Old 05-16-2003 | 12:36 AM
Originally posted by PhillipSVT
Who is John Coletti? If you would have said Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, or Lawrence Ellison I would be impressed. But in all reality, people could care so little about thier trucks compared to other things. Ok, you have a quick truck, just as backwoods hillbilly redneck bob down the street in his 88 mustang or camero that the window's wont roll down. Dont fret the little stuff that makes your ***** bigger. Enrich yourself and become more worldy. Dont argue about vehicles. But in reality, when you argue about vehicles you are showing your stupidity. For you have fallen into the scam of Society. You should argue about how we should help the US or the World, and how you should provide for your family, or why we should cut taxes and get rid of welfare. Oh, and Patriatism is ****. The majority is jumping on the bandwagon for doing not a single thing to help out america. Its all a big scam.
You have over 2000 posts here but don't know who John Coletti is? Ahh... hmmm... I am at a loss here. But we are here to discuss trucks, ahhhhmmm... this IS a Ford Truck website? Last time I looked it is not the "No Spin Zone". But the simple fact of this thread remains: Do whatever you want to your truck or car, but don't put badges on it to LIE and represent it as something that is not. That is cheezy and dishonest, and an insult to the people who spent the extra money to buy something nice.

Last edited by jeffsavage; 05-16-2003 at 12:41 AM.
Old 05-16-2003 | 12:40 AM
HAHA

I was given ya a hard time about coletti. See wut kind of response I could muster out. When him and the Chevy guy stand next to each other it cracks me up. Coletii's way shorter.

Old 05-16-2003 | 12:41 AM
I dont think it makes your truck any more or less valuable depending on what someone else does to theirs. or am I wrong jeff?

Quick Reply: Fake Lightning Owners- Post!