Lightning

Fake Lightning Owners- Post!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003 | 11:01 AM
Originally posted by TZRLightning01
.......but if you don't have that base to build on (the SVT drivetrain and suspension), youre just wasting your time and money and IMO, being a poser.
Tinnman,

I wish my points were moot and or did not need to be made. However, this is why my points are not moot. TZLightning01 was not just debating the badging issue.......he took the extra step of going into "elitist land".

Old 05-16-2003 | 11:23 AM
This argument is getting sillier and sillier. I dont really see why anyone is claiming their truck is better than anyone else's. Not to ruffle any feathers intentionally....but I personally wouldnt own a Lightning. I dont care for them whatsoever. If I had, I wouldve bought one. Its not like it was any more expensive than the truck I chose. Just because YOU guys made the choice to buy a Lightning, doesnt mean everyone else missed the boat. Hell, I can think of hundreds or even thousands of cars that are faster, cooler, more expensive, or "better" (subjectively of course) than a Lightning. What matters is, YOU like it. and youre happy with it. and its your truck. Thats all that matters. Would I be happy in a Lightning? not at all. Does that make you better than anyone else? Dont be silly.

TRZ: That "cool factor" line...*shrug*...probably wasnt necessary. I mean...The L isnt the coolest thing around. neither is my screw. Unless youre driving one of the new Ferrari's...its kind of a moot point. Besides, many people think the L looks anything but cool from a side profile perspective.

I dont think this should be an "elitist" argument at all. I mean...theyre trucks people. Keep things in perspective. A Lightning isnt a 400,000 dollar vehicle thats unattainable to 99% of the world. Its not THAT much more than a new Honda Accord when you actually break it down. Cmon guys.

Old 05-16-2003 | 11:41 AM
I know I have made this point before but..

Not BETTER.....just DIFFERENT...

The new 911 is one BAD ****...hell, I would even say it is "better" than a Lightning for sure...looks better, faster..WAY more expensive.. BUT..if I saw one rolling around with a Lightning badge...I would peg him as an obvious idiot. As I would a Lightning owner with a "911 Turbo" badge. EVEN if the guy dropped a Porsche twin turbo engine in the damn thing. A lightning is not BETTER than a modded F-150, as a modded F-150 is not BETTER than a standard F-150, they are all simply different.

For instance, Im white. Hence, I dont wear my pants around my knees, wear FUBU shirts, jack my hats sideways, tie baby-blue doo-rags around my head or make feeble attempts to speak street slang. Being African-American is incredibly popular and just about the coolest thing you can be these days...but unfortuanetly...Im a white-boy, born & raised in the suburbs...and theres nothing I can do to change it...and if I attempted to don any of the beforementioned fads in an attempt to appear "ethnic" or "streetwise" to gain popularity...I would look like a moron...& EVERYONE would know it. Not to mention half the African-American population would probably want to beat the "wannabe" outta me....& I sure as hell couldnt blame them.

Not BETTER...just DIFFERENT...OBVIOUSLY DIFFERENT.

Last edited by TINNMAN; 05-16-2003 at 11:47 AM.
Old 05-16-2003 | 11:53 AM
Originally posted by TINNMAN
A lightning is not BETTER than a modded F-150, as a modded F-150 is not BETTER than a standard F-150, they are all simply different.

Excellent.

Old 05-16-2003 | 02:21 PM
Originally posted by TINNMAN
I feel TZR's point is being grossly misstaken. If you dont have Lightning badges, then your point is moot. TZR is arguing against MIS-BADGING a vehicle...NOT making a truck Lightning-esque by way of upgrades, or making your GT Cobra-esque by way of mods as well. If you upgrading the sanity out of your truck...good for you..were happy for you...for real. Hell, if ya needed a hand, we'd all pitch in. So far you have listed EVERY mod on your truck(some numerous times)....when all you needed to say was.."My F-150 performs almost to Lightning specs and may soon be superior...but no "poser" badges for me..", thus saving TZR a lot of stress....

Lets spell it out....

APPLAUSE to the modders.....
A CURSE on the posers...

I hope F-150 owners mod their rides to death...I also hope they dont put Cobra badges, Lightning badges, Corvette badges or Ferrari badges on their trucks...because that would be dumb.

So if yer modded & ya AINT got 'em...cool...if yer modded OR un-modded..& ya do got 'em...you suck...
EXACTLY.

Old 05-16-2003 | 02:28 PM
iron horse,

I agree with everything you said in your last post. you are actually supporting my statement that you claimed as "elitist", because you indeed HAVE upgraded your suspension, tires, etc. to equal or exceed the performance level of a Lightning. the only way I would say you were wasting your money would be if you were only doing Lightning appearance mods, and badging your truck as a Lightning, with little or no PERFORMANCE mods to back that up. but since you're not doing that, you and me are cool I'm sure your truck is sweet and I'd even like to see pictures of it if you would like to post some...like TINNMAN said, modding your truck to Lightning-esque performance levels and to your own liking in appearance is cool, more power to you just dont call it an SVT or a Lightning.

Old 05-16-2003 | 04:25 PM
So the way I see it, you Lightning owners have the best trucks available(which I agree with). You get to drive 'em, stare at 'em, look at the envy in other peoples eyes that see you with 'em. And that is all good. But let you see one SVT or Lightning badge on something else and it puts you in a tailspin. Gimme a break. Worry about what's in your garage and not your neightbors. That freakin' badge on somebody elses truck doesn't mean anything and if you think it does, you have more problems than just a misbadged truck.

Old 05-16-2003 | 04:32 PM
I agree 95%

(minus the part about "best truck available")

Old 05-16-2003 | 05:10 PM
This horse is dead - Quit kicking it....

Closed
Doug

Quick Reply: Fake Lightning Owners- Post!