Lightning

Fake Lightning Owners- Post!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003 | 02:55 AM
|
Fake Lightning Owners- Post!

Hey- if you have a Ford F-150, that you fixed up to look like a Lightning, please post pics and let us see how good of a job you did.

There's a guy at my job with a black reg cab that he lowered, bought the L front bumper, and skirts for, and put on some lo-pro 5-spoke 20's, he has a Gibson SI/DO exhaust on it, and if it wasn't for the F-150 emblem that he left on the sides- you
would think it was a Lightning.

I would like to see how good, good can get- when it comes to Lightning imitations. I didn't start this post to directly or indirectly flame someone- or harrass them. I don't have a Lightning- I'd just like to see who matched or improved upon the job Ford did on the Lightning!!

Old 05-15-2003 | 03:06 AM
Banned
Please, posers not need to reply.

Old 05-15-2003 | 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Flying ****
Please, posers not need to reply.
Word.

Old 05-15-2003 | 07:23 AM
Posers go home
Jared

Old 05-15-2003 | 10:17 AM
what

nah there is a real nice one on here, he combined his f150 with a totaled Lightning, it is marroon color., and it looks very very nice.

I am pretty sure he converted the suspension and drivetrain also.

Old 05-15-2003 | 10:20 AM
Re: Fake Lightning Owners- Post!

Originally posted by Bighersh
Hey- if you have a Ford F-150, that you fixed up to look like a Lightning, please post pics and let us see how good of a job you did.

There's a guy at my job with a black reg cab that he lowered, bought the L front bumper, and skirts for, and put on some lo-pro 5-spoke 20's, he has a Gibson SI/DO exhaust on it, and if it wasn't for the F-150 emblem that he left on the sides- you
would think it was a Lightning.

I would like to see how good, good can get- when it comes to Lightning imitations. I didn't start this post to directly or indirectly flame someone- or harrass them. I don't have a Lightning- I'd just like to see who matched or improved upon the job Ford did on the Lightning!!
What you are asking for is a death march by the participants. This forum is ruthless as some people on here can't accept any other make of vehicle as being cool, let alone a Lightning clone.

Old 05-15-2003 | 10:24 AM
you may be asking why we do not like posers.... here is one reason:

fake lightning w/ his V6 or N/A V8 roles up to a light next to a Ricer or something like that, they race, and the ricer wins, then he brags to all his friends, "hey i just wasted a lightning!"

same thing goes w/ fake cobra mustangs.

Old 05-15-2003 | 10:29 AM
I'll go get my hangin' rope...I'll be right back....

Old 05-15-2003 | 11:06 AM
Okay, so do you all want me to wait for some more postings before I undue the evil that has already begun?

Last edited by iron horse; 05-15-2003 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-15-2003 | 12:58 PM
|
They knew more than I did-

Yeah- I can see that there are some sensitive people on here- especially when it comes to racing.

Those guys & gals must've known not to come on here....

It wasn't a set-up, it was genuine curiosity.
You guys scared them off!

That's what you call- brand loyalty!
But folks, a fake Lightning, though not a brother, is still a cousin.
You don't treat family like that!

Old 05-15-2003 | 01:11 PM
becouse people arnt open to other things they will
1) bash others
2) fall into society's gap
3) become worldly and look at things in differn't views.

with this said, a lot of people dont like the Looks of the L as much as other vehicles, they just like the Power and Drivetrain that comes with them. You should feel pleased that others like your truck enough to emitate it.

I took a differn't route, added the L wheels and differn't bumper covers and bed. Cleaner in my opinion.

My Truck

"here comes the wildabeast's"

Old 05-15-2003 | 01:25 PM
Banned
Fake Lightnings are unacceptable.

You did not see people throwing together fake Shelby's in the 60's? Why? You would get your *** kicked.

Is it ok to have a fake Saleen? No.. if you cannot afford the real thing, dont be a poser. This puts you into the RICER catagory.

Same with the lightning. Am i flattered you think the L is a great looking truck and you want to imitate it by throwing on our cosmetics? No, im not flattered. Ill be flattered when you pony up and buy the real deal instead of looking like a dweeb.

At the FFW in April when i met John Coletti, we rolled by truck club that shall not be unamed with a couple expeditions that had SVT badges on them. Coletti's response? Eye Roll 101

Posers? How about a guy who showed up at the show with a Roush F150 and stated he belonged to the Southern CA Lightning Owners Club? Flattered? Hardly.

Dont imitate what you cant back up. Thanks and good day.

Old 05-15-2003 | 01:55 PM
There's a local yahoo riding around in my area, with a Silver "Extra Cab" SVT Lightning. He's got the bodykit, the rims, the taillights, and even the Badges to prove it

I haven't seen under the hood, but regardless of whether or not he's got a 5.4SC, it chaps my a$$ everytime I see him.

He waved at me one day, I just shook my head..

Last edited by Silverstrike; 05-15-2003 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-15-2003 | 01:56 PM
Its only a fake lightning if he is sporting the badges. Other than that its just a f-150 with somebodies hard work put into it.
btw nice ride. PhillipSVT
Jes

Old 05-15-2003 | 02:01 PM
PhillipSVT: I really like how your truck looks. Clear corners and tails would really complete it (I am biased; check pics in my gallery). Who makes that bumper cover? A rollpan and painted tailgate handle would really look sweet out back as well.

Flying ****: I also agree with you, especially with the SVT or Lightning badging on other makes. To me, that's just silly. Even though I'd love to pony up and play with the big boys I just can't justify (read: afford) a Lightning.

Some people have done a great job imitating the Lightning, so I wouldn't go and dismiss all of their efforts just because some jack@$$ does a poor job of faking one and won't admit it. Example: I really like how LightningCrew's truck looks. True, it's not a Lightning, and never will be, but it combines the great look of a Lightning front-end and the interior space of a Screw. Sure, he could have got the HD, but if you don't really need the SC why shell out all the extra cash just for the bumper and rims?

Quick Reply: Fake Lightning Owners- Post!