Old 05-16-2003 | 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Grandmastr
where do u buy zaino at

If you want a really good shine and still have a life, try:

http://www.coatsproducts.com/

Old 05-16-2003 | 07:49 AM
|
Originally posted by Lazer Red '00
yysenhimer - truck looks good, zaino is all i use, but man you might want to think about getting a bigger garage. I wouldn't want to have to fold my mirrors in every time I bring my baby in for the night and all that stuff hanging on the walls, wow j/k you guys should see my garage, it's unbelevible how much crap two guys can fit in a 30x40 polebarn!! my freinds find something new everytime they come over
Actually, I have to fold the mirrors to get into the garage. I can fit two Mustangs in there one in front of the other and the width is a garage and a half.

Old 05-16-2003 | 10:18 AM
Originally posted by mswaim
and still have a life
No flame here, but between this comment and the Cherry Wet wax being 'easier', I'd like to know what's 'difficult' about Zaino? It's a simple process.

Not saying one is better than the other, just not sure what the hype is about Zaino being time consuming or difficult to work with. I'll admit that it takes a coat or two to understand that a little goes a LONG way. I'd say the most common mistake first timers (including me) do is apply TOO much. But like anything else, you learn from that and carry on.

Oh well..you gotta use what you're comfortable with. And I'm comfortable with Zaino.

See ya'

Dan

Old 05-16-2003 | 10:39 AM
Not tryiing to flame, just my two cents worth. I tried the Zaino process on two different cars, and found that if you do it right, and include all the steps they recommend, it's time consuming. I would agree that once you do that, and maintain it correctly it's a great shine.

But I've also found that if I aply Coats products to my new car finish, it provides a really nice shine with very lttle effort.

To each their own, and I would not tell anyone not to use Zaino, just saying there are alternatives.

Old 05-16-2003 | 11:29 AM
I've tried many waxes, including the ones mentioned in this thread, and its Zanio for me. Especially after you understand how a little goes a Looooonnnnng way

Even during this past winter, I applied the wax one day and took it off the next. The wax came off easy as 1-2-3.

Anybody thats happy with the other waxes, Iam happy for you. Because I was happy with my other waxes till I bit the bullet and tried the Zanio products. Now Iam ZANIOED for life

Old 05-16-2003 | 11:35 AM
|
Originally posted by Fast Gator
Even during this past winter, I applied the wax one day and took it off the next. The wax came off easy as 1-2-3.
1-2-3?

Gator, are you going to make it to the Truck Clash this time? I'm going as long as my trans shifts out of first gear. I'm on my second FTVB and hope to try a third next week if Gregg hooks me up. Otherwise, I'll put the stocker back in or Dan's line mod valve to get me by. . Got the XP Pro's for the front ret-to-go.

Old 05-16-2003 | 11:39 AM
Originally posted by mswaim
Not tryiing to flame, just my two cents worth. I tried the Zaino process on two different cars, and found that if you do it right, and include all the steps they recommend, it's time consuming. I would agree that once you do that, and maintain it correctly it's a great shine.

But I've also found that if I aply Coats products to my new car finish, it provides a really nice shine with very lttle effort.

To each their own, and I would not tell anyone not to use Zaino, just saying there are alternatives.
I knew you weren't flaming.

Old 05-16-2003 | 11:50 AM
Originally posted by yysenhimer
1-2-3?

Gator, are you going to make it to the Truck Clash this time? I'm going as long as my trans shifts out of first gear. I'm on my second FTVB and hope to try a third next week if Gregg hooks me up. Otherwise, I'll put the stocker back in or Dan's line mod valve to get me by. . Got the XP Pro's for the front ret-to-go.
Right now, Iam pretty much laid up with a bad back. Can't even friggin walk. Been like this all week from mixing and poring concrete in the basement, so I don't know.
I got tickets to the finals at E-town this weekend, so Iam going to try to make that. I'll just have to wait and see

I don't think I can run skinny fronts cuz I'll break into the 11's

Old 05-16-2003 | 11:52 AM
I just finished with a coat of Z-2 when I took this pic in my sig.

I've been using Zanio since 2000.............

Old 05-16-2003 | 11:53 AM
Originally posted by yysenhimer
1-2-3?

Otherwise, I'll put the stocker back in or Dan's line mod valve to get me by. .
If it comes down to that, put my old one in! You won't regret it.

Old 05-16-2003 | 12:04 PM
Originally posted by RED 92
I just finished with a coat of Z-2 when I took this pic in my sig.

I've been using Zanio since 2000.............
Great shine, no doubt about that.

Old 05-16-2003 | 12:57 PM
that shine looks killer bud, eventually Ill have to try some of that stuff, but not until I have a damn garage

Old 05-16-2003 | 03:21 PM
This picture doesn't really do it justice, but if you had seen this car in person you'd be amazed at what Zaino can do. By the time I sold it last year, it had about 40 coats of Zaino on it. The guy who bought it was physically shaking when he picked it up he was so excited.

Old 05-16-2003 | 03:40 PM
Thumbs up

You know...this is actually a GREAT post!!!! I have a 2000 WS6 T/A that I show constantly and I use Meguiar's products exclusively on it. I make my living as a professional auto detailer and I strictly use Meguiar's products. If you even mention anything other than the word "Zaino" on Ls1tech.com you get bashed at how inferior your product is (make no mistake...Zaino is a GREAT car care product)...this thread has given me hope. NOT ONCE have I seen it mentioned that Zaino is the end all be all of car care products...and that makes me smile!!! If there is one thing that I tell people when they clean their own vehicles it is to use what works best for you...screw what the "Jone's" have to say about it!!!

Thank you all for not going down the route the idiots at LS1tech.com have gone down (maybe it has something to do with the fact that the "show and shine" forum moderator is a Zaino distributor)....that speaks volumes to the me about the average mentality of the L owner group!!!

Keep it clean (no matter what you use)!!!

Mike

Old 05-16-2003 | 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Mike's02Bolt
You know...this is actually a GREAT post!!!! I have a 2000 WS6 T/A that I show constantly and I use Meguiar's products exclusively on it. I make my living as a professional auto detailer and I strictly use Meguiar's products. If you even mention anything other than the word "Zaino" on Ls1tech.com you get bashed at how inferior your product is (make no mistake...Zaino is a GREAT car care product)...this thread has given me hope. NOT ONCE have I seen it mentioned that Zaino is the end all be all of car care products...and that makes me smile!!! If there is one thing that I tell people when they clean their own vehicles it is to use what works best for you...screw what the "Jone's" have to say about it!!!

Thank you all for not going down the route the idiots at LS1tech.com have gone down (maybe it has something to do with the fact that the "show and shine" forum moderator is a Zaino distributor)....that speaks volumes to the me about the average mentality of the L owner group!!!

Keep it clean (no matter what you use)!!!

Mike
You ever visit 'show car and detailing' on www.ls1.com? It's just as bad.

But you're right..you gotta use what you feel comfortable with.

Quick Reply: Zaino kicks arsh!