Lightning

Check out the PROPS our Ls are getting

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003 | 01:05 PM
Put a SC on a ZO6 and well sir, I think you would know the results in short order ... No bash - just facts - thank you for the compliments about our vehicles, but I'm afraid you can not even begin to compare these two vehicles.
Yeah, but ours come with a SC standard and you still have a warranty!!! SC on Vette = NO warranty!!!

Old 05-16-2003 | 02:29 PM
Originally posted by simmy711
Yeah, but ours come with a SC standard and you still have a warranty!!! SC on Vette = NO warranty!!!

Yeah that guy struck me as a real ****, but I don't have a user name over there so I'm not gonna bother arguing. I think you can start compare the Z06 and the Lightning when the ET's both start with a 12, and the Lightning doesn't cost as much to get there!

Old 05-16-2003 | 02:40 PM
Originally posted by 2000Black
Yeah that guy struck me as a real ****, but I don't have a user name over there so I'm not gonna bother arguing. I think you can start compare the Z06 and the Lightning when the ET's both start with a 12, and the Lightning doesn't cost as much to get there!
IMO:
You're biased towards a Lightning and that guy is biased towards a Vette. Each vehicle is totally different and you can't compare them to each other. I love my L, but it is still a truck, and a Vette is a Vette. It's whatever you like. I would buy another Vette in a second because there is nothing like it.

Old 05-16-2003 | 02:55 PM
Just like I have nothing bad to say about the Corvettes,
it seems they appreciate "and know first hand" how fast and bad *** a Lightning is.

A matter of fact after reading their post, I outright respect them for giving us credit, where credit is due

Quotes:
The only p/u truck I would fear more would be a 91-92 GMC Syclone.

As a recovering Ford fanatic, multiple Mustang owner, and loser to many a race against Lightnings,

i saw a test on one of these last week on tv, it did about 150 mph

I could never beat on of these in my Bullitt, even though it weighs nearly 1k lbs. more

Last season at Raceway Park I was beaten by a high 12sec Lightning

The wife and I were recently trying to decide between the 2003 SVT Lightning and the 2003 F150 Harley Davidson truck.

A friend of mine who is a cobra fan just bought an 03 Lightning and took me for a spin on Saturday. Once that supercharger kicks in, its all over.

It's not like the new wanna be GM SS.

Just traded our Dodge Dakota 5.9 R/T for an 03 Lightning

A relitive of mine has one and calls it his "Vette-killer truck!".

I'd buy a lightning in a heartbeat

Old 05-16-2003 | 03:24 PM
If I had the power to beat a Z06 from the light through the 1/4, i'm satisfied.... Forget top end and curves.....

Old 05-16-2003 | 03:54 PM
Originally posted by 2000Black
yeah me too. i don't have a username there either. he IS a ****. world class car blah blah blah...the L is a world class truck! it's the fastest in the WORLD! i think you can compare the two as well! a 12.5 second run in a Lightning is the same thing as a 12.5 second run in a vette.

and you'd have to do more than just take the s/c off to make it a regular pickup. (****!) i respect all those vette guys very highly for the compliments and respect and give them the same back. vettes are fast without question. to the stuck up guy who killed the thread, screw you! if he wants to make it fair (by throwing a s/c on a vette) then i want the price difference between the two vehicles for mod money as well. let's make it completely fair here....i think it'd be a little bit closer than he thinks....

Last edited by gambinotdx; 05-16-2003 at 03:59 PM.
Old 05-16-2003 | 04:06 PM
I dont have a username there and dont want one, but these guys need to realize a lightning is quite a good handling truck. I agree no ZO6 but far better than an ordinary truck. In fact I remember an article that said during some testing at Bondurants driving school the lightning actually outhandled the Cobras that Bondurant uses for his school. Did anyone else see that?

Old 05-16-2003 | 04:23 PM
hmmm... I never thought a bunch of Vette owners would talk so nicely about our trucks. I didnt see anyone say anything negative. Thats actually bends my view on vette owners some now, hmph, who woulda thought

woops, saw the last guy , he's a "world class" a$$
Still amazed how many of them were cool though

Old 05-16-2003 | 05:00 PM
Respect is something that is not automatically given...it must be earned. The fact that the majority of the Vette owners on that forum have given our L's that much respect means that indeed many of them have run up against our 5,000lbs monsters at a stoplight and been forced to raise an eyebrow. The fact that they would post it on their own forum gives much credit (and respect) in my eyes to those Vette owners.

To that end I will return the favor and say that indeed there are many Vette's I would not care to tangle with...if they don't spin their tires at the launch I am as good as toast after second gear. As a caveat....I must admit that I love smoking the occasional older gentleman (that has no idea what an L is) in a six speed Vette that can't drive and thinks his car is magically fast because it wears the crossed flag emblem...their first response at the next light is usually "do you have that nitrous stuff on that truck?"...to which I reply by rolling up my window and cruising away.

Be man enough to give respect when it is earned...and man enough to take respect with humility when you have earned it.

Mike

Quick Reply: Check out the PROPS our Ls are getting