Lightning

Rusty spark plug!...any ideas????

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003 | 11:45 AM
|
Question Rusty spark plug!...any ideas????

Just installed a set of Denso's on my 01...(piece of cake, by the way. Thanks to all the guys who have taken the time to share info, pics and even videos...I had more problems changing plugs on my girlfriends Alero than I did my Lightning...but Im not complaining).....anyway, all was well, except I found my #8 plug rusty!.....the nut portion, between the porcelian and the treads, was covered almost completely with surface rust. The rest of the plug looked great....any ideas what may have caused this??? The rest of the plugs looked just fine. Thanks in advance!

Keep the forum strong

Old 05-16-2003 | 12:20 PM
Cool

I wonder if that plug wire boots seal was not working very well? Did you hose off the motor?

WOT

Old 05-16-2003 | 12:24 PM
|
Its hardly ever driven, so the engine compartment doesnt get that dirty....its only been hosed maybe once or twice...

Old 05-16-2003 | 01:56 PM
I get that now and then in the winter. I had the same thing in several SHO's I had. I believe it is water getting in from a wet day. I always vacum the plug well before I pull the plug to be sure. I never hose the engine down at a car wash, because that will really get water in the wells.

Quick Reply: Rusty spark plug!...any ideas????