Lightning

Lightning & extended warranty prices ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 09:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightning & extended warranty prices ?

I'm looking at buying a Lightning in the Dallas area. I've searched past posts and have conflicting ideas as to what the going price of the Lightnings are. Have they really sold recently below MSRP, or is this a myth? What is a good price on a Ford extended warranty, and do they negotiate this as well? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-19-2003, 09:49 AM
I am in a different area but I paid under $30k for mine. As far as an extended warrenty you can wait until the factory one is about up. You can sometimes get a better deal and who knows if you decide to mod and void your warrenty you at least won't be voiding two. Good luck.

Old 05-19-2003, 09:52 AM
Max

Bankston Ford in Frisco ran an ad in Sundays paper a week or 2 ago that listed both Lightnings and Cobras at or under X plan type pricing.

Its your call whether that is a myth or not.
For more details about Lightnings in DFW click the TALON link in my sig

Doug

Old 05-19-2003, 10:09 AM
I might be getting an 03 on x-plan. The 5 yr/75k mile ext warranty is 1,095. It is true that you can wait until the factory warranty is about up before getting the extended one, but it is more expensive however. It is because Ford has more potential liability with a warranty issue on a truck with 30k as opposed to 0k miles.

Old 05-20-2003, 12:03 PM
OK, thanks for the information. I figured the current market would allow below MSRP, in the neighborhood of $31,000. A few months back, I got the "SVT vehicles sell for MSRP" speech at several places. As for the extended warranty, I was going to get mine when I purchase the vehicle in one lump sum to let the Govt help pay for it as a business deduction. Thanks !

Old 05-20-2003, 06:23 PM
Paid $775 for mine Extended when

I bought the truck. Big markups on those! A Real plus if you poan on selling your truck yourself later to an individual. FWIW write a separate check for extended warranty, so you can claim entire deduction instead of prorating!

Quick Reply: Lightning & extended warranty prices ?