Lightning

Now the F'ing dealer says my warranty is void because of underdrive pulleys

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003 | 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Jerry Jordan
Rhino, I spent 2 hours trying to remove the power stearing pulley....it would not budge! Would you really take your headers off before a trip to the dealer?

Jerry
You are correct about the exhaust, I probably would of left that also. Sorry for your troubles.

Old 05-19-2003 | 05:39 PM
Re: Now the F'ing dealer says my warranty is void because of underdrive pulleys

Originally posted by Jerry Jordan
Yep that's what these A-holes are saying. "you have modified the truck with headers and pulleys so that's the end of your warranty" Can you believe this *****. This truck has 4000 miles on it. God I hate Ford. This may be my last one! Think it would help to call SVT?

Jerry
It is a well known fact that alot of modifications will void your warrenty. And in light of Ford's financial difficulties they are being especially picky. I am surprised you did not notice the tons of threads here about this very issue? And in the latest SVT Enthusiast magazine their is a whole article about underdrive pullies and how they will void your warrenty.

Old 05-19-2003 | 05:50 PM
I would find it almost impossible to believe that the underdrive pulley would do that to a motor.Now if the pulley set included a crank pulley that would be different.since then you are changing the harmonic of the motor due to the fact of the size of the crank pulley.Stan

Old 05-19-2003 | 05:56 PM
Take it to another dealership....

Old 05-19-2003 | 06:00 PM
|
Finally the voice of reason. I talked to the service manager myself and he said they were going to "take care of it for me". First they wanted to change the oil to 5-20 but that did no good (as I knew it would not). I don't know what changed but he said now they think it is a cam follower (lifter). He said he has seen that before. I will update tomorrow.

Jerry

Old 05-19-2003 | 06:00 PM
Isn't too late to take it to another dealer now?

I thought that once your warranty was voided, it would show that it was voided no matter what dealer you were to go to.

Regardless, I really wish you the best of luck with your '03 Jerry. I have seen all of the posts of various troubles you have had...

Old 05-19-2003 | 06:03 PM
Thats what I hear too, they are mainly looking for crank/blower pullies and chips. Maybe you want to try a different dealer. He may be going overly-pulley crazy.

I brought my truck in with MAF, PSP air filter, headers, suspension, shocks, etc in when it blew the plug. They only cared if I ran up'd boost or a pulley.

Of course, I wouldn't expect them to look at a "brake" or "suspension" problem, since I changed all that.

Daniel

Old 05-19-2003 | 06:25 PM
Careful...It really does not matter ...if you have aftermarket parts they think they are justified...they will not try and corrolate parts to damage....They will say motor warranty is void.....It took three weeks for the inspector to decide and get back to the deaklership...they came out twice.....took pictures of the ecm contacts and said..you bad boy....No warranty.
Now this is not proof of anything in my mind....but I have been informed I have a warped perspective on...Stuff....

Tell them to fix it.....irregardless and test drive it to the house....

Worked for me....

Old 05-19-2003 | 11:06 PM
Glad they seem to be coming around for you - for whatever it's worth, I use two mod-friendly ford dealers here in So Cal - both have told me underdrive pulleys are the one no no that they can't get around - so sounds to me like you actually lucked out on this

Old 05-20-2003 | 05:24 AM
Mac Hiak?????

Old 05-20-2003 | 05:49 AM
Fu(k Ford. They bent me over the fu(king desk. There, all better now.

Old 05-20-2003 | 08:12 AM
Glad to hear that it is being worked out in your favor Jerry.
Damn, you sure have had your share of problems
I kinda feel guilty about not having any problems with my old 99 and my 01

Old 05-20-2003 | 08:27 AM
Banned
90% of those dealers out there are quick to void warranties.

Ford knows they have their share of QC issues with these trucks. However, financial status rears its ugly head. Ford should really work on the " customer " side of things for once like Japanese car makers. It will pay off in the end.

Im glad you got it worked out. I hope in the future, you can find a more mod friendly dealer. Its not easy, but they are out there.

Old 05-20-2003 | 09:10 AM
|
The service manager told me that Ford has not had a problem with any of our trucks unless they had pulleys on them (as far as major motor problems). He said the word pulley will make Ford crazy!

Jerry

Old 05-20-2003 | 09:46 AM
Hate to break it but I didn't have anything on the truck but the air filter kit and headers when the spark plug blew and SVT wouldn't help me out because of websites they had read implying or stating that at one point I had other mods....Cost me 3 grand. I won't own another Ford and that really sucks because I was die hard. I'm 25 and this was my 10th vehicle and 9th Ford...
CA

Quick Reply: Now the F'ing dealer says my warranty is void because of underdrive pulleys