Lightning

Now the F'ing dealer says my warranty is void because of underdrive pulleys

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2003 | 10:14 AM
WhiteLightninSVTGirl,

I had a filter kit, chip, SB throttle body, and shorty headers.

I blew a plug and my dealer fixed it under warrantee. At no point did the service manager indicate that any of my mods would be an issue - he never even brought it up.

If the dealer takes the first step to contact Ford and request a rep or engineer or whomever it is they bring out to inspect the vehicle (i.e., gets FMC involved), you are now certain that that dealer officially sucks and you shouldn't go there anymore or buy any more vehicles there, and be sure to tell people on this and other boards about it.

This, of course, assumes that the damage WASN'T caused by anything you did. If I was FMC, I wouldn't want to buy a new motor for a guy who ran too aggressive a chip (or whatever), stayed in it while the thing rattled away, and broke a rod or piston.

NakMan

Old 05-20-2003 | 10:20 AM
Well, what's done is done. After the run around from several different dealers and SVT I will never buy another one.
CA

Old 05-20-2003 | 10:47 AM
Originally posted by WhiteLightninSVTGirl
Well, what's done is done. After the run around from several different dealers and SVT I will never buy another one.
CA
CA, I know you got the short end of the stick on your plight, but you are also leaving out the details that you had far more problems with your warranty then just parts. That whole fiasco with not making payments, it lapsing, etc...there were more circumstances to yours, and your dealer sucked on top of it, which made it impossible for you get get anything done quietly.

Dan

Old 05-20-2003 | 11:30 AM
KGM
Hey Jerry I wonder what you do for a living. We install trim packages in multi-million dollar homes. If a home owner calls saying his door is falling off the hinges and I go out and find he likes to hang his bowling ball and weight set off it I would tell him not to try that again, repair the problem and be gone. I get another call from him and go out and the same **** is hanging off the door I would have to decline the repair. You have been around here long enough to know what Ford thinks about pullies and chips. Why are you crying foul? If your truck was stock I could understand but it's not like you don't know the rules. Lighten up and if you have to pay the fiddler so be it, ya made your bed now sleep in it. If the shoe was on the other foot what would you do? Anyway hope you get it going again without to much pain, just bugs me to see guys pissed off about something they bring on themselves, if you know what I mean.

Old 05-20-2003 | 11:35 AM
Ummmmm, ya mean ya gotta PAY to PLAY ?????

Old 05-20-2003 | 11:40 AM
The rest of the story

SVTGirl didn't pay her extended warranty

Old 05-20-2003 | 11:48 AM
Jerry,
What are your mods. Upper or lower puller or both...
Dion

Old 05-20-2003 | 01:36 PM
From what I know, Jerry has no blower pullies, he has Stan's underdrive pullies, which are a horse of a different color.

It sounds like the dealership is being very cautious because the word "pulley" sends the Ford warranty folks into a surry, even though the underdrive pullies on accessories would have little, if anything to do with Jerry's problem.

Dan

Old 05-20-2003 | 01:37 PM
|
The only pulleys I have are water pump and power stearing pump. Pay to play? Some of you guy's are full of *****! This is not a rod thru the block it's a valve train problem. Is it going to be my fault if a fog light goes out? "you made your bed, now lay in it" Where di you draw the line?

Jerry

Old 05-20-2003 | 02:06 PM
Jerry,
Make an appointment with the service manager and discuss this with a very reasonable tone of voice. Show that you are a responsible individual and they will take care of you.

Dion

Old 05-20-2003 | 03:40 PM
What dirty chicken said and what CA said!! Screw Ford. Jerry-sorry to hear about your troubles but surely you knew from being on this board what kind of crappy business practices Ford is using these days and you went out and bought one any way? Lay down in the bed you made.

Last edited by THEAUTOMAN; 05-20-2003 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-20-2003 | 05:37 PM
Wrd to the wise....

***** Ford before they ***** you....

Jerry best of luck...

I know the agony you are going through.

Get your Granny to drive it in for service.

Get a letter from whichever dipchit is saying No warranty..Get his phone number...If you need it I have some corporate address....

I got news for you they all suck....

Don't even bother with the customer service joke line of the Appeal process....

Just stone walls....

Have them fix it and take your second key down..get in it and drive home....

Tell them if they "Think" you owe them for the repairs and work...

To try and get it....

As long as you know you have done nothing wrong...

This is America....

where a Man stands up for himself....

think of it this way...

The Ford "Gang"..

Against another wild card....

Go to court ...you will win.....

they'll settle the day of trial or before....

This way your truck is not sitting on there lot....or take the loaner and leave the truck...

Just don't ever back down ..or think you are wrong..

If you roll over they will pork you.

If you listen to those who say pay to play....That is a cop out..if you want an excuse to be"comfortable".....

Old 05-20-2003 | 06:15 PM
|
Twisted, you are my HERO!

I called today and they said they think it is a tensioner. They said the one on the driver's side turns freely with your hand but the passenger side (the side the noise was from) you can not turn by hand. I assume they mean the tensioners for the belts or chains (arn't they chains) that turn the cams since both acc. belt tensioners are on the passenger side. We will see.

Jerry

Old 05-20-2003 | 07:43 PM
Man I am no Hero...just another guy who is not willing to accept stuff shoved up my butt...Stuff comes out my azz..not the other way around.

Hope I have helpped is all...

Jeff

Old 05-20-2003 | 08:00 PM
SVTGirl made every effort in the middle of a move and in the midst of Ford letting the ESP company they were using go to try and contact the company to reconcile...***** happens. Like I said, what's done is done and I won't ever own another Ford, but since you're in Mesa and are so gutsy why don't we meet up and discuss "the rest of the story" before you shoot your mouth off about what you THINK you know. I won't ever buy another Ford again (and I've said it several times since the whole incident occured) because I feel like I put a lot more into enthusiastically supporting Ford and when it came down to it I didn't get anything out of it except a run around and hard time for a problem that I was not alone in experiencing (and my mods certainly did not cause) and it's well within my right to make that choice.
CA

Quick Reply: Now the F'ing dealer says my warranty is void because of underdrive pulleys