Lightning

Now the F'ing dealer says my warranty is void because of underdrive pulleys

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003 | 03:14 PM
|
Now the F'ing dealer says my warranty is void because of underdrive pulleys

Yep that's what these A-holes are saying. "you have modified the truck with headers and pulleys so that's the end of your warranty" Can you believe this *****. This truck has 4000 miles on it. God I hate Ford. This may be my last one! Think it would help to call SVT?

Jerry

Old 05-19-2003 | 03:17 PM
You serious? Well, I noticed a lot of people where removing all their addons before they ever took it to ford. Which is a pain in the *** though. Stuipd that they wont let you modify it. :/ I guess I can see why, seeing how it was all designed to accept certain amount of power and such. But to void the whole warranty from this point on is harsh. BullS... I would try calling SVT. Can't hurt.

Also, I would never remove the headers to go in and get something checked out. I had a mustang 5.0 that I had to put headers on... NOT FUN. To keep taking them on and off to put the stock back on for warranty purposes, you would have to be crazy to do that

Sorry to hear about them removing the warranty though That really does suck and I think its very unfair to just say that the whole remainder of your warranty is gone :/ Good Luck on fighting it though!

Old 05-19-2003 | 03:17 PM
That's BS - the dealer must PROVE that your modifications caused whatever has happened to your truck...

What did happen to your truck that they're voiding your warranty?

Old 05-19-2003 | 03:21 PM
Complete BS. Headers should have nothing to do with voiding anything except the headers period. The pulleys, perhaps, but realistically no. Your not adding power you just freeing it up. I suggest you stick it to em, cause there isnt any way that those caused damage to your engine. And yeah what repair are you trying to get which made them void. Lemme guess, one of your fog lights broke and the header caused that.

Old 05-19-2003 | 03:39 PM
Banned
Old 05-19-2003 | 03:39 PM
Not to flame ya, but with all that you read on these boards about mods and warrantys, you should of removed any mods before going to the dealer! Sorry to hear but I would think removing mods before dealer visits was pretty standard practice.

Old 05-19-2003 | 03:44 PM
|
He said before they can go inside an engine they have to call the hotline for approval. He said with no more miles than my truck has Ford WILL send someone out to investagate! He said they will look at everything. If you ever had a chip or pulleys or anything they would be able to find it.

Jerry

Old 05-19-2003 | 03:46 PM
|
Rhino, I spent 2 hours trying to remove the power stearing pulley....it would not budge! Would you really take your headers off before a trip to the dealer?

Jerry

Old 05-19-2003 | 04:23 PM
What is the motor doing or not doing? stan

Old 05-19-2003 | 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Jerry Jordan
He said before they can go inside an engine they have to call the hotline for approval. He said with no more miles than my truck has Ford WILL send someone out to investagate! He said they will look at everything. If you ever had a chip or pulleys or anything they would be able to find it.

Jerry
If they are calling Ford for approval and sending a Tech out to inspect, it sounds like they are just trying to establish the cause of the problem, which seems reasonable, and not necessarily voiding your warranty. Ford is no longer writing blank checks for warranty work to the dealers. Good luck and hope everything works out for you.

Old 05-19-2003 | 04:34 PM
What exactly is wrong with the truck? And why would the dealer
bring it up if it's not related to the problem? Not being harsh here,
but I think that IF the aftermarket parts COULD have contributed,
then FORD is fully within their rights to question and/or deny.

On the other hand, it shouldn't be allowed to deny warranty
on a cracked foglight for example when they find aftermarket
exhausts. Say, I was just thinking ... I wonder if they would be so
tough on a regular F150 (and I wonder how many of them have
goodies?)

Old 05-19-2003 | 04:41 PM
|
It's knocking. You can only hear it well as the RPM's go down but it is there as the RPM's go up and even at steady RPM's above idle. It does not make any noise at idle either cold or hot. It will not make a sound untill it gets to running temp. I can't hear it in the truck driving down the road. It sounds like a lifter on a pushrod engine. The service manager told me he thought it might go away if I changed to 5w20 from 5w30. Wana bet? If that fixed it I would be happy as hell!

Jerry

Old 05-19-2003 | 05:00 PM
umm

what kinda gas are you using?

cheap stuff? spark knock?

Old 05-19-2003 | 05:14 PM
|
Sorry I-menace but I have over 70,000 miles in two Lightnings and I know what Spark Knock is. Thanks for the help but no that's not it.

Jerry

Old 05-19-2003 | 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Jerry Jordan
It's knocking. You can only hear it well as the RPM's go down but it is there as the RPM's go up and even at steady RPM's above idle. It does not make any noise at idle either cold or hot. It will not make a sound untill it gets to running temp. I can't hear it in the truck driving down the road. It sounds like a lifter on a pushrod engine. The service manager told me he thought it might go away if I changed to 5w20 from 5w30. Wana bet? If that fixed it I would be happy as hell!

Jerry
Sure, change to a different weight oil than what the book says to use - then they will have one more thing over on ya.

Quick Reply: Now the F'ing dealer says my warranty is void because of underdrive pulleys