Lightning

warranty work list for dealer

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2003 | 01:34 AM
|
warranty work list for dealer

so i just blew a plug on my '01 L and i'm wondering what else i should get the dealer to work on while he's got my truck (and i've still got my warranty).

i've heard a little about getting the intercooler replaced - which i'm looking into (i.e. searching the posts). anything else??

btw - took care of the front end steering clunk already. no mods to sweat about either.

thanks

Old 05-20-2003 | 01:39 AM
unless you have a 99/00 Lightning dont worry about the intercooler recall. But if you do have a 99/00, well..your sort of out of luck as for the recall. I believe just a few months ago Ford stopped offering the free replacement. You now have to pay for it out of your pocket.

Old 05-20-2003 | 01:54 AM
Originally posted by J15BIG
unless you have a 99/00 Lightning dont worry about the intercooler recall. But if you do have a 99/00, well..your sort of out of luck as for the recall. I believe just a few months ago Ford stopped offering the free replacement. You now have to pay for it out of your pocket.

He has an 01, So hes in good shape there.

1. Check your fog lights for cracks

2. Check roof for cracked paint in the gullies.

3. Make sure your spare tire holder goes up and down (they are known to break easy)

4. Have them replace the rods w/ manleys (worth a shot HeHe)

Old 05-20-2003 | 01:58 AM
Originally posted by VINNIE
He has an 01, So hes in good shape there.
DOH! Rookie mistake, didnt read/pay attention to the full post. Sorry!

Old 05-20-2003 | 02:06 AM
Warrenty?? What the heck is that?? First time I took my L in they said you have no warrenty any more. So, I said fu(k you Mr. Service Manager. Please put my truck together. But as some of you say "You gotta pay to play." So, that's where my built long block comes in. I will never go to the dealership again for maintanance. Not even to replace my fog lights.

Old 05-20-2003 | 02:23 AM
Press down on the Drivers seat bolster..the one you slide in on...
If you can feel the supprt rod..have them replace your seat cushion and cover..every one of the 3 Gen II's I have owned had this problem...

As well as numorous other guys have posted.

Old 05-20-2003 | 02:34 AM
|
fog lights are definitely looking rough - i'll try to get them replaced. roof gullies look good and the spare tire winch works fine. never noticed a problem with the seat, but since the dealer has the truck, i'll check on it next time i'm down there.

had a slight pulley/belt rubbing sound, but i'll be happy to live with that if i get the truck back without the dealer f'in things up more than ford already did.

anything else?? ...the warranty clock is ticking here. i don't wnat to be writing back at 36,500 miles about the blinker fluid recall.

thanks guys for the tips.

Old 05-20-2003 | 02:48 AM
Have them check the idler pullies....mine were dragging bad at 50000...Dust packs in behind them....cleaning helpped mine but if they will replace....what the ell

Old 05-20-2003 | 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Twisted99
Have them check the idler pullies....mine were dragging bad at 50000...Dust packs in behind them....cleaning helpped mine but if they will replace....what the ell
Twisted,

I just relubed mine, and since one was already replaced
by FORD I was surprised to see that the new one had a different
bearing and different grease in it. So I agree .... jest complain
about the noise and let FORD fix it, OR get the METCO idlers.

Quick Reply: warranty work list for dealer