Lightning

Trans Line Mod or new Valve Body?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2003 | 09:08 AM
|
Trans Line Mod or new Valve Body?

I want to do the trans modification next. I was reading some posts from before on don't waste the money with the Line Mod. To actually just go out and buy a whole new valve body. They all seem to be under 200$ or so. I will be doing the deeper trans pan either way though. My question is, what is the best one to get that wont hurt my transmission or engine but give me firmer shifts? I was told the harder the shift the better, less slipping of the plates and helps the life of the transmission. Don't know how true this is.

The few I had seen mentioned in previous posts where one by Factory Tech (Valve Body)? The other was by LFP Valve Body, Level 10? They had a few others like a 'Stage 1'. I'm guessing the Level 10 is a strong shift kit.

Once I pick it up, is it the same as the Line Valve Mod they have the howto for on svtlightnings except I am not replacing the valve spring but the whole valve body? Like, when they remove the valve body to put the new spring in, instead of doing that, just put the whole new valve body in place and get rid of hte old one? Anything else special I have to do inside the transmission? If so, I will take it to a transmission shop, but if its just the removal of the pan and then the body and simply putting a new one up, refiling, I can handle that.

One more quick question, if I pick up this valve body, do I pick up the Line Valve Mod too? And put that in the new valve body or will the valve body come with its own spring? I'm sure I don't want to use the stock one out of the old valve body if the new body doens't come with on. Thanks!

Old 05-20-2003 | 09:16 AM
I would go with the FTVB, as most others will tell you. No, you don't do the line valve mod with the FTVB.

Old 05-20-2003 | 09:21 AM
|
http://www.powersurgeperformance.net...pexd.asp?id=36

So I should probably get that then. As you said I don't have to install a Line Valve then. This kit will have one or doesn't require? I don't use my old one? Just drop the old body out and stick the new one in?

Old 05-20-2003 | 09:57 AM
Factory Tech Valve Body!! Makes all the rest second best!! Artie

Old 05-20-2003 | 10:05 AM
Banned
Old 05-20-2003 | 10:06 AM
FTVB

Old 05-20-2003 | 10:19 AM
wildneg,

Factory Tech valve bodies come complete and ready to install. The line mod valve has already been changed and installed. It comes with excellent instructions and is a piece of cake to install.

I have everything you need right here. Factory Tech Valve Body

Tim

Old 05-20-2003 | 10:20 AM
simple bolt in swap, FT gives detailed instructions

Old 05-20-2003 | 11:29 AM
This was the easiest choice for me as far as mods go. The Factory Tech VB is second to none as well as his customer service. I bought a used one off a member here. It didn't shift right after the install. I contacted Gregg and he sent me out a brand new one free of charge no ? asked. How is that for cus service?

Quick Reply: Trans Line Mod or new Valve Body?