Lightning

Just a quick question...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003 | 01:20 PM
|
Just a quick question...

I have a question, might sound stupid but here goes. I have my 20's on my L right now, and I was planning on going out to the track soon (as soon as I get my Deltavhip to replace my old one) But I also still have the stock 18's with F1's on the front, and Nitto 555r's on the rear. I've been told that I can just have the back 20's taken off and stick the 18" Nitto's with the stock rims on there. Therefore leaving 20's in the front and 18's in the back. Is this possible? Is there anything wrong with this? Has anyone ever done this with the Nittos?

Old 05-22-2003 | 01:38 PM
Banned
thats no problem at all.......but the stock wheels probably are lighter........

Old 05-22-2003 | 01:46 PM
Shouldn't be a problem but if you're worried about weight you might want to stick those 18s with the F1s up front. Remember, the lighter the front the better...

Old 05-22-2003 | 01:54 PM
Not only should it not effect your E.T. to have the 20s .It actually might help a little.

Let me explain as it was explained to me by Evan Smith. The slightly taller tire has more roll out before it signals the light at the tree. Not much but it does matter. In essense you have a small (very small) rolling start.

I ran my 11.97 w/ 20s on the front.

So I would not worry about it.

Flame away.

VINNIE

Old 05-22-2003 | 02:42 PM
|
That's exactly what my dad said Vinnie thanks for the input guys, I'll prolly be heading out to the track within the next two weeks depending on whether or not a deal comes through for my father today. If this deal does come through for us....I'll have pics later tonight of our UPDATED "stable" of cars!(just a little something to join the truck!) I'm pumped!

Quick Reply: Just a quick question...