Lightning

Sir michaels roll pan-- post your pics -- I also have a question...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 05:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No offense to Justin or anyone who bought from him but did you guys negotiate on your truck purchase or did you happily pay the MSRP so the salesman and the dealership can make their profit since they invested money in the truck and deserve it?

Old 05-25-2003, 05:23 PM
Cnytaxx, since I live in Hawaii I got railed when I purchased my truck. I'm not even gonna tell you what I paid for it. Was it too much?? Yes. Was it worth it?? Yes. I know the price for the Sir Michaels was a little high. I feel it was worth every penny. Who knows how long if at all we will see these things being made again. I know it's gonna look great with my new tail lights and rims. Odin here's to you.

Old 05-25-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by cyntaxx
No offense to Justin or anyone who bought from him but did you guys negotiate on your truck purchase or did you happily pay the MSRP so the salesman and the dealership can make their profit since they invested money in the truck and deserve it?
Apples and oranges once again. In your example, the option of going somewhere else exists as leverage. A more apt analogy would be....

During a famine, do you haggle the price of the last loaf of bread, while there are 50 people in line behind you who are willing to pay the going price?

Not if you want that loaf of bread you don't.

Old 05-25-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Odin's Wrath
Apples and oranges once again. In your example, the option of going somewhere else exists as leverage. A more apt analogy would be....

During a famine, do you haggle the price of the last loaf of bread, while there are 50 people in line behind you who are willing to pay the going price?

Not if you want that loaf of bread you don't.
I would like to think that none of you were in need of the Sir Michael's Rollpan that bad, albeit it is an awesome piece!

As for my analogy, I saw both these items as ones of luxury and wants, not needs. As stated by others, there is the option of going elsewhere if you were willing to wait and hopefully save a couple of bucks. Thus I did not see the current state of limited quanities that large of an issue.

But then again, if you see the Sir Michael's Rollpan as the proverbial last loaf of bread to your famine, then I guess any price would have been justified.

Old 05-25-2003, 05:49 PM
But then again, if you see the Sir Michael's Rollpan as the proverbial last loaf of bread to your famine, then I guess any price would have been justified.
After 2 years of searching, that's exactly how I see it. But that's just me. I don't expect everyone else to see it the same way. As far as the ability to go elsewhere any time soon.... That's a very big maybe.

Old 05-25-2003, 05:50 PM
Odin, I agree.

Old 05-25-2003, 08:05 PM
To each his own. Either way that is an extremely nice looking piece and if I had that much money to spare for the mod I would consider it....

Old 05-27-2003, 11:04 AM
I bought mine from Justin and am very happy (except for the fact that I haven't installed it yet and I hit a deer doing 65 this weekend . I don't get this "one upsmanship" sometimes. How a person spends his money is of no concern to anyone else. There will always be someone with a better "deal."

Old 05-27-2003, 03:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Odin's Wrath
After 2 years of searching, that's exactly how I see it. But that's just me. I don't expect everyone else to see it the same way. As far as the ability to go elsewhere any time soon.... That's a very big maybe.
That's also exactly how I see it. Why would I try to negotiate price with someone who owes me nothing when there are 20 other people standing in line?

Old 05-27-2003, 04:45 PM
Banned
Exactly Tim. Its supply and demand for a limited quanity product. If there is ANY cosmetic change to do to a lightning to make it stand tough and aggressive, its the SM rollpan, period.

Old 05-27-2003, 04:56 PM
I can't wait till that second batch gets in!!

Old 05-27-2003, 05:01 PM
Again, I agree that the SM rollpan is nice and it's your money and your truck.

However, some of these arguments I'm hearing sounds frighteningly similar to what some dealerships told me about my Lightning. They would say, "Sorry we don't do X-plan price or negotiate much because SVT vehicles are so rare and they sell like hotcakes." Supply and demand I guess...?

I realize that if you really wanted the piece and there were 20 people behind you drooling over it, then any price would do. However, if everyone changed their attitudes about buying, negotiating, waiting, and better consumership, then maybe there wouldn't be 20 people waiting with cash in hand to pay 100-200% mark-up in the first place.

Why do you think Lightning prices are so ridiculously high to begin with? Is it because there are more Lightning owners wanting pulleys than Metco or ASP can make? Too many Lightning owners wanting chips than JDM, JLP, PSP, etc. can burn? No. It's because most of us are choosing to pay these prices.....

Old 05-27-2003, 05:13 PM
FWIW, I agree with cyntaxx on this matter.

BTW, what is Justin getting for these rollpans?

***post edited, sorry for any confusion***

Last edited by TZRLightning01; 05-27-2003 at 07:46 PM.
Old 05-27-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by TZRLightning01
FWIW, I agree with cyntaxx on this matter.

BTW, what is the going price for these rollpans?
They are currently **unavailable**. As they have been for the past 2+ years.

These are not the run of the mill Lightning parts we're talking about here. These are F-150 flareside parts. The twelve that Justin has been able to scrape up are very rare finds. He is a private seller in this matter. As mentioned earlier in this thread, he paid a premium to acquire them himself. Anyone who thinks he should share these with us, without profit to himself, out of the goodness of his heart, is just plain stupid. Anyone who can't see the difference between these rollpans, and the lightning specific parts that so many have price issue problems with, is probably just suffering from sour grapes. There's really no point in trying to explain it further. It should be a non-issue.

Last edited by Odin's Wrath; 05-27-2003 at 06:01 PM.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:43 PM
Red face

yes I did know all of that I have edited my post, sorry for any confusion. I worded my question incorrectly

Quick Reply: Sir michaels roll pan-- post your pics -- I also have a question...