Lightning

Sir michaels roll pan-- post your pics -- I also have a question...

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 08:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is not a Flame toward anybody but, I want what I want when I want it.

I work hard ,make a descent buck and (Hopefully) am not going to be on welfare any time soon.

So if I choose to buy a rollpan and endcaps for $500 that is my decision.

Again, Not a flame . I am not young and just starting out. This is my 15th vehicle. So I look at life a little different.

I appreciate what the Tuners , Justin and any other vendor is doing for us.I personally do not care if Justin makes a million dollars off of it. Its called free enterprise and anybody in business for themselves (my Fiance) will tell you is you can not make enough money.

This is not a slight on anybody, just how I look at it.

VINNIE

Old 05-27-2003, 08:16 PM
Rest In Peace
What the F*uck why does anyone that wants to buy a limited not in production piece for their truck have to get scrutinized for it. Sorry we arent all cheap @$$es. You can bet that people are gonna pay top dollar for a piece that isnt being made anymore and that is in such high demand. ***** i had my SS rollpan at my body shop. Then i saw the link for the SM on ebay and i had to have it. Luckily for me i knew the person selling it and told him my price and for him to end it early HEHE. I know a few people on here were pissed that i won it oh well. Right after i won it to this guy e-mailed me telling me he would give me 600 for it alot more then what i paid. To tell you the truth all that e-mail did is made me want the pan more. I told him sorry they arent in production and they are like none existent and you cant get them. He e-mailed me back saying what would i sell it for. I told him sorry not for sale. Now this was way before Justin had any pans or anyone else. This was the only one i knew of that was for sale. So you can bet for damn sure i was keeping it. And after its all said and done im damn glad i didnt sell it. You wonder why people stop posting on here including me. Because you spend your hard earned money for people to basically call you an @$$ for spending it on something you want. Oh well here are some pics of her. She looks even better now after a claybay and wax job

Old 05-27-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Justin@JDM
[BYou're right. I did pay a premium. This was all on my dime and has nothing to do with JDM.
Justin [/B]
Classifieds Maybe?

FYAYMJ

Old 05-27-2003, 08:29 PM
damn Vin! that is the baddest looking black L out there! Can't wait to see project bling sometime this summer

Old 05-28-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by BadAzz516
[
[/B]

Old 05-28-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by BadAzz516
What the F*uck why does anyone that wants to buy a limited not in production piece for their truck have to get scrutinized for it. Sorry we arent all cheap @$$es.
Both Vins, nice trucks.

So now those who aren't willing to fork over X-amount of dollars for a product are cheap a$$es? Do you honestly think your SM rollpan will make you better than everyone else? Your truck looks nice, but your attitude leaves something to be desired....

And no one called you an a$$ so don't get your panties in a twist over a mere discussion on pricing trends.

Last edited by cyntaxx; 05-28-2003 at 11:18 AM.
Old 05-28-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by VINNIE

Again, Not a flame . I am not young and just starting out. This is my 15th vehicle. So I look at life a little different.

This is no flame towards anyone but I would think NOT being young (and more experienced with many previous vehicles and modding) would only lead to more savvy consumership. IMO, I expect more of the young folks to go out there with their newly-acquired plastic and rack up a high bill on ridiculously marked-up products...

Again, to each their own. I was merely stating my opinion. I was not scrutinizing any particular person (or their purchase) but simply giving my insight as to why prices may be high as a result of the buying practices I'm seeing. If you take offense, I apologize. So far, I've repeated over and over that in the end, it is your money...

Old 05-28-2003, 01:20 PM
Rest In Peace
When did i say i was better then anyone else thats real funny. Ask any of the jersey lightning guys at meets or races we are like a big family. ***** even the tuners got along at any events i have seen them at. I have been to many of the fellow board members houses doing installs and talked on the phone with them. ***** i have been to Sals house to even offered to have me stay the nite. Oh but wait im better then them . And no i wasnt talking about people not willing to fork over x-amount of dollars were cheap @$$es just you. I know how you like to call tuners and demand deals and then when they give you one you dont even take it. Or how yout want to give someone on this board 30 bucks for pieces that are well over 200 then b!tch when they dont say yes to sell it to you. I dont care if i get banned for posting this but it pisses me off how you just post over and over in this thread how you would never pay that much for a piece for your truck. Thats you truck and your money we dont give a ***** what you do with it. Theres no need for you to keep on putting down people who want the piece and spent as much as they did for it.

So i guess that Bill and Don's Bolt are crazy to since they spent so much money on their trucks to get what they wanted a 10 second truck right. I can see you posting one post saying to much money for me no thanks. Thats fine thats your opinion. But to keep posting and putting down people that are happy with what they spent their money on pisses me off. Or heres an idea if you dont like what you see people doing or dont agree with it then dont post and keep you mouth shut. Right if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all right. Now come back and say im doing the same thing. Im not i didnt post once in this thread until i kept on reading the repeated posts of you putting people down for getting something they really wanted. So you want to ban me Doug for this post ban me i dont care anymore this site is nothing like it use to be. Just a a big soap oprea now. Simple post about the SM pan and post pics turns into this because someone cant keep their mouth shut.

Oh and cyntaxx you think you got me mad i could care less cause all the jersey guys know from all our meets and track events how the lightning community really is not the ***** that goes on here. I just made my post because i was tired of the putting down. Now you can see why the orginal members hardly post here anymore. Have a good day cyntaxx now ill go out and put another coat of wax on my expensive Roll pan that im better then everyone else for having. Oh yeah i for got to tell you my ***** dont stink either since i have a SM pan.

Old 05-28-2003, 01:29 PM
I have 2 payments......

1. The Lightning

2. The VISA!!!!!

To each to his own, my friends think I'm nut's for even buying a truck I only drive 5 months out of the year. But I love my truck. You wanna talk about some money spenders......Look at the people restoring vette's and older muscle car's. They pay a fortune for NOS part's, yeah and it might only be a door handle. I totally agree with BADAzz516, cyntaxx is always bad mouthing, I'm just glad someone else agree's.

Opinon's are like .........'s, everone has one! (that is one of my favs)

Old 05-28-2003, 01:34 PM
And no i wasnt talking about people not willing to fork over x-amount of dollars were cheap @$$es just you.

Yep, I'm a cheap a$$. I refuse to spend the money you have so I must be one right? I mean, I didn't drop over 10k into my truck and only run a 12.85 so I MUST be a cheap a$$!!

I know how you like to call tuners and demand deals and then when they give you one you dont even take it. Or how yout want to give someone on this board 30 bucks for pieces that are well over 200 then b!tch when they dont say yes to sell it to you.

When did I ever do this? When have I seriously offered 30 bucks for any pieces that were being offered for 200? Don't make up stuff you can't back bud, it only ruins your credibility.

I dont care if i get banned for posting this but it pisses me off how you just post over and over in this thread how you would never pay that much for a piece for your truck. Thats you truck and your money we dont give a ***** what you do with it. Theres no need for you to keep on putting down people who want the piece and spent as much as they did for it.

Why don't you cry some more little baby? A) I NEVER put down anyone for purchasing the SM rollpan and B) I've repeated over and over and over how nice the piece looks and how it is up to you whether you buy at X-amount since it's your money. I was merely commenting on the purchasing and pricing trends that have arisen. If you don't like it, don't read it! Simple as that.

So you want to ban me Doug for this post ban me i dont care anymore this site is nothing like it use to be. Just a a big soap oprea now. Simple post about the SM pan and post pics turns into this because someone cant keep their mouth shut.

I only see you creating the big drama here. Sounds to me like you're just throwing around tough words on here, puffing out your chest on the Internet with no real logic or reasoning behind your inflamatory comments. Take a look at any of the previous replies. This thread was civil and cordial until you came in.

Oh and cyntaxx you think you got me mad i could care less cause all the jersey guys know from all our meets and track events how the lightning community really is not the ***** that goes on here.

Looks to be that way unless. I would hope that your erratic reasoning and lack of grammar is a result of blind fury rather than A) no education or B) chubby fingers.

I hope you realize that debates do take place in civility. Not everyone may agree with one another, but there is no need to call names or make personal attacks. Read any of the above posts and you will see that no one has resorted to that because no one is willing to stoop that low - that is, until you came in here and starting slinging your *****.

Again, I would think that you all would have the self-confidence and judgement to not take any of my posts as a personal attack towards your choice of purchasing an SM rollpan. But obviously the more sensitive have equated my reasoning with bad-mouthing....

Last edited by cyntaxx; 05-28-2003 at 01:39 PM.
Old 05-28-2003, 01:48 PM

and still no one has answered my question as to what Justin is getting for these rollpans

Old 05-28-2003, 02:00 PM
That 12.85 of Vins was a warm weather chip and 3.55 gears, and he just ran a 12.92 on the cool weather side with no traction at the track!!!

Oh and the 10K he spent?? Vin wishes it was only 10K!!!!

SO I THINK THIS WILL SPEAK FOR HIM you know a pic is worth a thousand words?????

Old 05-28-2003, 02:02 PM
Banned
TZR,

Catch me on AIM, micronp450

Justin

Old 05-28-2003, 02:08 PM
Anyone?? So does this roll pan use the original brackets or does it come with new ones to replace the originals??

Old 05-28-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Justin@JDM
TZR,

Catch me on AIM, micronp450

Justin
will do Justin. thanks

Quick Reply: Sir michaels roll pan-- post your pics -- I also have a question...