Lightning

Sir michaels roll pan-- post your pics -- I also have a question...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 01:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sir michaels roll pan-- post your pics -- I also have a question...

Well i got bumped at the light and need to replace the rear bumper--- I was was just going to go with a repair, but that punk FastasL threw in the idea of the Sir michaels--- (thanks a lot chris !-- now i have a dillema on my hands )

I searched the posts and couldn't find much--- Please post some pics....

And now for the question(s) -- does the roll pan use all the stock brackets or does it come with them? How long is the wait now for these things??

Thanks fellow l owners

Old 05-23-2003, 01:37 AM
They don't make them any more. Justin at JDM had a few batches that he was selling. Give him an email and he might still have one.

Old 05-23-2003, 04:46 AM
Banned
player,

E-Mail me at micronp450@aol.com

Old 05-23-2003, 10:52 AM
Guys,

That's not totally true. They're not making them NOW, but according to them a week ago they'll be back out in a month or so as soon as they fine-tune the end caps. Probably in the under $300 range according to them.

I can't wait, it's a great looking set-up.

Jody

Old 05-23-2003, 11:33 AM
I was not going to say anything........But....

What JDM is charging is outrageous! I know how much they cost from the Ye Ol' Dave. Believe me, the mark up on these is jaw dropping. I was going to get mine from Ye Ol' Dave, but I have not decided what I'm going to do yet.

But, ever since TampaSVT put one on his L I could not quit drooling, it is a very nice looking set up.

I have been bugging Sir Micheal's for a long time and just gave up. I was told this story about a one month time frame also. So don't be pissed when you hear it is delayed. But I hope it is coming out.

300 bucks would be nice also.

Old 05-23-2003, 11:46 AM
Steve,

It's actually not JDM. Justin invested a lot of his own money to buy the remaining SM pans and the rest of the caps from the guy who made them. He added in what he wanted to make on his investment; it's the free enterprise system, and I have no problem with that.

With that said however, I came to the same conclusion as you on the pricing and would prefer to wait it out. They may not come through in a month. I'll just have to see what happens.

If a guy wants one now better get ahold of Justin fast, as I believe he only has one set left.

Jody

Old 05-23-2003, 01:35 PM
No bashing the JDM God's here!!!!!

No it's good business, I wish I would of done it. More mod money.

Old 05-24-2003, 01:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by camcojb
Steve,

It's actually not JDM. Justin invested a lot of his own money to buy the remaining SM pans and the rest of the caps from the guy who made them. He added in what he wanted to make on his investment; it's the free enterprise system, and I have no problem with that. . .
Agreed. With SM going to start making them again sometime, I bit the bullet and paid Justin the going rate. I gladly paid it. No other pan even comes close.

We have no idea what Justin had to pay --- maybe he paid a scarcity premium also. I hope he put some $$$ in his pocket.

Old 05-24-2003, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by 78f1hundo
I was not going to say anything........But....

What JDM is charging is outrageous!
Typical

Old 05-24-2003, 01:48 AM
Banned
[quote]We have no idea what Justin had to pay --- maybe he paid a scarcity premium also. I hope he put some $$$ in his pocket.[quote]

You're right. I did pay a premium. This was all on my dime and has nothing to do with JDM. I'm not forcing anyone to buy it. Too much for you than wait until SM comes out with them, if they ever do.

Thanks to all who participated,

Justin

Old 05-24-2003, 02:12 AM
Banned
If i wouldnt have to give up my spare and hitch at this time, i would of committed to this. I just cant take the chance so close to moving right now. But wherever i decide to end up, you bet your *** if they ever become avail in the near future, im jumping all over it like an ethiopian on a big mac!

Old 05-24-2003, 08:46 AM
I bit the bullet too. If Justin makes a few bucks, so be it, he deserves it.

Tim

Old 05-24-2003, 08:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You guys are acting like Justin held a gun to your head...shessssh
You want him to do all the legwork and he's not suppose to be paid for his time/effort

Old 05-24-2003, 11:06 AM
I bit also, its the only rollpan that I wanted and I didnt feel like waiting for weeks/months/years to get one so I got one from Justin. If he makes a few bucks for his work , well then, thats America, I say more power to him.

Thanks Justin

Jack

Old 05-24-2003, 11:50 AM
The pans are still being built and we have ordered a couple of times and currently have one left. If anyone wants one, let us know and we'll get some more in for you.

Quick Reply: Sir michaels roll pan-- post your pics -- I also have a question...