Lightning

4lb vs 10lb pulley

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2003 | 02:50 PM
I talked with them back in 2001. They needed a test truck and I think blackbolt99 or someone took their offer. I have my doubts about them offering the replacement anytime soon. Who knows miracles happen. I got a refund check the other day...

Old 05-24-2003 | 03:44 PM
Banned
Its been done since last decemeber. They were going to increase the surface area another 10% or so. Yes, Marcus' truck was the test mule for Spearco.

Old 05-25-2003 | 11:47 AM
Originally posted by easterisland
Those fans will have no effect upon the heat "dumping" into the intercooler. They may help at the track or in stock and go trafic to cool the fluid quicker. How much of an intake temperature drop do you see with those fans?
I have a JDM heat exchanger, stock heat exchanger in front of the radiator and also the fluid goes through the heater core. I have also replaced the hard metal lines which soak up the heat near the blower with heater hose. i am still getting the temps I listed in the post above...
You are correct about the fans.........I put them on for summer driving in the stop and go traffic that is so common at the Jersey shore.

While I did do some before and after temps, the relability of the recording instrument has been questioned. For that reason, I never posted the results and have even questioned them myself.
I "think" its safe to say, it couldn't hurt
Insulating the metal lines is my next move

Old 05-25-2003 | 12:30 PM
|
so i guess all in all 18lbs builds to much heat whn riding around.

Old 05-25-2003 | 12:33 PM
Forget insulating the lines. Just run 5/8 heater hose routed away from the engine.

Old 05-25-2003 | 12:46 PM
Originally posted by LatemodelRacer2
so i guess all in all 18lbs builds to much heat whn riding around.
No.....but it is right on the border.
This guy should not be running huge pulleys without a built motor and tranny..imho.

If you do have upgraded internals and a built tranny,a 8-10# pulley will make your truck quicker...regardless of the heat issue.

I can drive 40 minutes to a track and get in the boost as much as i want on the way there and still run low 12's..the minute i get there.

High 11's if i let her cool down a bit.
This is with 800 elevation and no east coast air and hard cover seat, tailgate,stock front tires and et streets on heavy steel rims.

The big pullies may not show much difference on a dyno....but we don't race dynos

Mainly the 8-10 # pullies make more tourqe over a 6#

Old 05-25-2003 | 01:25 PM
Account Suspended Pending Email Reply
The major thing I noticed when I went for a larger pulley, is how fast I build boost, not how much boost I build. It seems like I have more power at a lower RPM, but no more power up-top. Definitely the heat/efficiency issue, but that'll be corrected once I get the built block, etc.

Quick Reply: 4lb vs 10lb pulley