Lightning

Road Racing Claims Two

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003 | 05:09 PM
Originally posted by captainoblivious
Some great detective work there

"Um your eyes are read so your high"

Actually, you can tell alot about someones level of impairment from their eyes. Even minor levels of marijuana will cause a situation where the eyes will lose their ability to converge, and/or strabismus.

Most people who use marijuana on a regular basis realize that fact. Wish I had a nickel for every pot head who told me, "no officer, it's not grass, I have a lazy eye........."

But your right, pretty good detective work........probably got another impaired driver off the road.

Old 05-27-2003 | 05:29 PM
what if he had been swimming and got chlorine in his eyes from the pool water? stupid cop saw it was a big deal streetracing accident and really wanted to lay it on the poor guy. oink. <flamesuit on>

Old 05-27-2003 | 05:46 PM
Originally posted by mswaim
Actually, you can tell alot about someones level of impairment from their eyes. Even minor levels of marijuana will cause a situation where the eyes will lose their ability to converge, and/or strabismus. ...
Trust me I know. I used to work 4 stores down from a DMV and the amount of people that got high just to go in there and deal with was hilarious.

But it's also possible for your eyes to be red after staring at computer monitor all day, they can get red from allergies in the air or being itchy and rubbed to much, which was my point.

Old 05-27-2003 | 05:48 PM
Originally posted by MISTERgadget
what if he had been swimming and got chlorine in his eyes from the pool water? stupid cop saw it was a big deal streetracing accident and really wanted to lay it on the poor guy. oink. <flamesuit on>
The chlorine may produce the redness, but not the other, more noticeable symtoms. BTW- I was born wearing a flame suit, no problems here....................

Old 05-27-2003 | 05:55 PM
Originally posted by mswaim
The chlorine may produce the redness, but not the other, more noticeable symtoms. BTW- I was born wearing a flame suit, no problems here....................
Exactly. Really none of us know exactly what happened, so it's kinda pointless to speculate. My comment was just if was given a ticket for having red eyes. If that were true I could get nailed for red and being brain dead every weeknight at 6pm.

I have noticed alot of potheads either completely forget about the smell pot getting on everything, or they cover it up with Febreeze which is always a dead giveaway.

Old 05-27-2003 | 06:10 PM
Even minor levels of marijuana will cause a situation where the eyes will lose their ability to converge, and/or strabismus.
Oh duh -so you can't make your own eye's cross to induce blurry vision.

Sure am glad I never touch the stuff.

Old 05-27-2003 | 06:24 PM
Originally posted by MISTERgadget
One thing we are forgetting. The officer cited the driver, but the driver has the right to appeal and ask for a trial. If the driver is innocent, then it sounds like the evidence probably won't hold up, but I would imagine there will be a very significant investigation into the circumstances and if the driver was guilty of driving under the influence, it will be found out. Regardless, this driver is in for some serious crimes and most states have laws that make the other party just as guilty in the deaths of the unfortunate youths who lost their lives in the other car.

My condolences go out to the family and friends of the deceased. Street racing is becoming a very serious issue, and even though people die from other unrelated instances, we don't need to have street racers adding to the problem. Please drive with respect to others.

Old 05-27-2003 | 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Flord
Oh duh -so you can't make your own eye's cross to induce blurry vision.

Sure am glad I never touch the stuff.
If you've ever performed/viewed the field test, you would understand what I'm talking about. Otherwise it's just smoke....

Old 05-27-2003 | 08:13 PM
darwinism

Old 05-27-2003 | 08:16 PM
I posted on this thread on behalf of all of us. I didnt really know what to say, so I just kept it simple

Old 05-28-2003 | 09:54 AM
An update--I got it wrong--both drivers survived:

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met.../28racing.html

Dan

Old 05-28-2003 | 10:04 AM
Oh well, ***** happens.

Quick Reply: Road Racing Claims Two