Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003 | 07:29 AM
|
Road Racing Claims Two

Here's the story ...

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_art...?storyid=32146

One of the fellas was Charles (CHIKN) over on LS1TECH.COM

My condolences to all......

best advice I ever got was to take it to the track, not the street.

Old 05-26-2003 | 07:33 AM
That is so sad and any Parents Nightmare
My condolences to all

Old 05-26-2003 | 07:37 AM
sad to hear...if the driver survives, hell probably end up getting screwed for endangering the lives of his passengers like that...

Old 05-26-2003 | 07:45 AM
Banned
Originally posted by AmoJohnny
sad to hear...if the driver survives, hell probably end up getting screwed for endangering the lives of his passengers like that...
Screwed? He gets what he deserves, time.

WTF would you drag race, let alone with passengers in the car? Every time you turn the key to an automobile with passengers, they are YOUR responsibility. People can be extremely stupid sometimes.

This is why new laws are being adopted for street racing. Take the testoterone to the track.

Old 05-26-2003 | 07:56 AM
|
Originally posted by AmoJohnny
Your not gonna find a lot of sympathy for stupidity around
here, methinks. Death is the ultimate punishment for stupidity,
and everyone should think twice about their responsibilities like
**** said. You are the driver and you ARE responsible for
your car and decisions. Too bad the other people in that car
paid for it with their lives.

Last edited by SVT_KY; 05-26-2003 at 07:58 AM.
Old 05-26-2003 | 09:10 AM
Truely sad

I hope all the "young guns" stop and read this: I know, It will never happen to me, Iam careful

I've done alot of stupid chit in my youth, including that, but was lucky. And I might add, there was never the amount of traffic that there is today.

Damn, thats sad. Imagine the cop that has to go to the house to tell their parents that their son's are dead!

Old 05-26-2003 | 09:22 AM
"The driver of the red car was airlifted to a local hospital. There is no word on his condition. A woman in the front seat of the car was treated at the scene."
I can't believe the two in the front survived. Look at the wreckage. While it is sad people died people die everyday in accidents on the street while just driving regularly. I'll still race on the streets and take the truck past 140. I'll also continue going to the track where people have been known to die in accidents.

Old 05-26-2003 | 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Fast Gator
Truely sad

I hope all the "young guns" stop and read this: I know, It will never happen to me, Iam careful

I've done alot of stupid chit in my youth, including that, but was lucky. And I might add, there was never the amount of traffic that there is today.

Damn, thats sad. Imagine the cop that has to go to the house to tell their parents that their son's are dead!

I can say with experience that death notifications, especially where children are involved was the toughest part of the job..........One can compare deaths at a raceway to deaths on public highways all you want, however the big difference is one is totally avoidable.

Old 05-26-2003 | 10:14 AM
SVT_KY:

That terrible incident has been in the news a lot on all the
Atlanta TV stations...just the day before (in Atlanta again,

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_art...?storyid=32134)

a guy in a green riced up import and drunk drove the wrong way
on the interstate...He is taking a dirt nap now......
When you drive in Atlanta you must consider yourself in a
mortal combat situation and that people are trying to kill you.
I absolutely despise driving in Atlanta...the people driving
around there could care less about any other human being...
Atlanta also has a very high incident rate of drivers hitting
pedestrains and drivers fleeing the scene of collisions they
caused...this says something to me about the "calibre" of some of the people living there...

Just drive in Atlanta on 285 or 85 in rush hour traffic and see if you dont get close to God real fast. If your an athesist youll change your point of view.

Last edited by Georgia_Moon; 05-26-2003 at 10:18 AM.
Old 05-26-2003 | 10:27 AM
Here is the story from a friend of the driver: http://www.ls1tech.com/threads/showf...5&o=31&fpart=1

Dan

Old 05-26-2003 | 10:32 AM
That's the interesting thing about Atlanta

In person, the people seemed so friendly and courteous. In their cars, they looked like fighter pilots on a bombing run. All business, no mercy, and god help you if they zeroed in on you from behind and you were in the left lane.

Old 05-26-2003 | 10:33 AM
And everyone around town doesn't understand why I refuse to setup drag races with my truck. I know its fast and even if your faster then me, ok well big bonus for you then. I'd rather not take my chances with the cops, insurance and the HOSPITAL!

Kids around town lately are getting into more accidents from racing and driving like morons then ever before! Now you can't go 5 minutes without a cop rolling past you or your house, I feel like I'm in prison!

Old 05-26-2003 | 10:35 AM
After living in Downtown atlanta for 4 years as well as in kennesaw (cobb county), I have never heard of Interstate North Parkway.

As much as they will play a story like this, nothing will happen until the cops crack down hard on street racers. As an example you could use barrett parkway in Cobb county. It used to be a street racers dream, but the cops cracked down so hard after a few deaths due to street racing that they ran everyone but the ricers off.

As far as I know right not though, places like Mooreland Avenue allow street racing to go unchecked for the most part. It won't stop until the police go after the racers versus only caring when they happen to witness the incident. The sad thing is that the media will harp on this to death yet 10 other people will have died in the same day due to other traffic accidents in the Atlanta area yet it won't make the news.

Old 05-26-2003 | 10:58 AM
I've done a lot of street racing in my younger days up at the Hole in Newark mostly. Those races were a little more organized, where we would block off part of a main highway. Still saw some pretty nasty accidents up there that took out spectators, since spectators would park on both sides of the road.

I guess I am older and wiser now.

This guy shouldn't have been doing this with people in the backseat, and shouldn't have gotten into it as far as he probably did. Once you beat someone or get beat, the point is proven and back off.

Old 05-26-2003 | 11:12 AM
Got Incon?

"The sad thing is that the media will harp on this to death yet 10 other people will have died in the same day due to other traffic accidents in the Atlanta area yet it won't make the news."...that is a true statement.

I see one of the major problems is a total lack of road courtesy...
people don't use blinkers...tailgate you as if there trying to have sex with your car...cut in from of you at 70-90 mph without looking(its a death wish)...talking on cell phones...and yes road rage IS
a problem in Atlanta...for all of you people driving through Atlanta
on any trip please be careful and have your insurance paid up...
my theory is that all the BAD drivers in the whole world have been
brought to Atlanta to engage in some perverted twisted game of
life vrs death.

Quick Reply: Road Racing Claims Two