Lightning

exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003 | 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Vinny
its not really a pole..... I have the MAC. It sucks, I want OUT!!!!!

Vinny
You're right. It's not a pole, it's a poll.

Yea I've heard baaad baaad things about the MAC. It sounds decent but it simply isn't up to par quality-wise.

Bassani systems are waaay to overpriced for me. I'd only drop that kinda coin if those tips were gold-plated or diamond-studded.

Old 05-27-2003 | 08:52 AM
|
Originally posted by cyntaxx
Like someone else has stated in a previous thread, anytime you ask this question you're just polling the board on who has which exhaust. Of course the Bassani owners are gonna vote for Bassani, hell they spent 600+ bucks on it!! Same with JDM Silver Bullet owners, Magnaflow owners, Mac owners, etc.

If I were looking for a catback right now, I think the price vs. quality ratio of the Magnaflow is unbeatable...
Not to offend, but all I was wanting was some info. Of course there will be strong opinions. What I was looking for was in the last part of your reply, Thanks.

Old 05-27-2003 | 10:59 AM
I have the Bassani on my 03, and I just don't think you can go wrong with it. The sound is absolutely awesome, and it is a very high quality piece. It is a little pricey, but I don't think you will hear anyone that has it say its not worth it. You will not be dissapointed with the Bassani.
Scott

Old 05-27-2003 | 11:18 AM
I'll participate in the poll. I have a JDM exhaust with headers, gutted high flow cats and their dual oval muffler set up. The tips look great. When I first bought my Lightning I liked the tips, then saw these guys with the bassanni muffler tips. Then JDM came out with theirs and all I can say id the tips look awesome on the JDM cat back. You do Have to line them up correctly or it will burn the paint on the body kit. I like how it sounds, really loud.

Old 05-27-2003 | 02:33 PM
Bassani is a very nice system and has a great growl to it.
The Magnaflow also sounds great and is a solid price and well as being well built.

Me? I had a Borla on my 99 and loved it! Not too loud but just enough. I don't need to annoy my neighbors anymore than I already do. It works just as well as the others....just quieter.

This will be the first thing I put on my new 03 after some break in miles.

Paul G.

Old 05-27-2003 | 04:13 PM
FWIW, if you hear a magnaflow exhaust, you may not always be hearing the magnaflow lightning catback. Many Lightning owners use magnaflow mufflers alogn weith custom tubing and have a muffler shop make up their own catback. These include using an x pipe and dual magnapacks, or the DI/DO magnaflow muffler. The muffler that comes on the magnaflow lightning catback is unique to the lightning catback and can't be bought seperately.

Quick Reply: exhaust