Lightning

street racers (you guys are kiddin. Right)

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003 | 02:20 PM
|
Posting Rights Suspended For Too Many Antagonistic Posts
street racers (you guys are kiddin. Right)

You guy's make me laugh! 500.000 horses betwen us and your preachin to the choir. What about the on average 40 to 50 accidents in San Diego on any givin day in perfect wheather , these are the drivers I worry about. People need to learn there limitations, most ricers and rodders can drive a little bit but the young ones get a little outside there comfort zone. Sorry about the innocent victims but senior drivers and drunks and teenage girls are a far greater danger and do more damage on a daily basis than any street racers! O'ya dont leave out the soccer mom van drivers that are doing anything and everything but driving! People that wreck for no clear reason on a clear day should be billed for all rescue services, police time ,caltranes time and my time while waiting for the wreck to clear!

Old 05-26-2003 | 02:24 PM
Banned
Umm, i think you hit new post instead of new reply bro.

Old 05-26-2003 | 02:31 PM
|
Posting Rights Suspended For Too Many Antagonistic Posts
To my favorite poster, flyingmofo.Did both wanted to make sure my op-ed piece was seen! Thanks for checkin on me though!

Old 05-26-2003 | 02:37 PM
I agree wholeheartedly. Covering and fanning the flames of street racing accidents may be sensational news, but if you were to give as much attention to each accident that happens on any given day because of "non-racing" plain stupidity, you would have to have a channel DEDICATED to traffic accidents!

Old 05-26-2003 | 03:45 PM
Originally posted by smkstklightning
To my favorite poster, flyingmofo.Did both wanted to make sure my op-ed piece was seen! Thanks for checkin on me though!
English please.

--Joe

Old 05-26-2003 | 04:38 PM
Account Suspended Pending Email Reply
Originally posted by cyntaxx
I agree wholeheartedly. Covering and fanning the flames of street racing accidents may be sensational news, but if you were to give as much attention to each accident that happens on any given day because of "non-racing" plain stupidity, you would have to have a channel DEDICATED to traffic accidents!
That channel would ALWAYS be on at MY house!

"Look at that dumba$$! Putting on her makeup... OH, look! When she hit that guardrail, you actually saw the makeup applicator go INTO her eye!!! INSANE!"

Seriously, though. It sucks, and I feel bad for anyone who gets into an accident, regardless of fault... But street racing is NOT the only place where people get hurt because of stupidity. They just passed a new law in NJ - You can be ticketed for playing with the radio, eating, drinking, etc while you're driving...

Old 05-26-2003 | 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Douconsulting
They just passed a new law in NJ - You can be ticketed for playing with the radio, eating, drinking, etc while you're driving...
Although there are new distractions that come out every year (cell phone, TVs, etc etc.) I generally think that the growing number of accidents is not because of them.

I just think people are becoming more stupid....

Old 05-26-2003 | 05:01 PM
At the end of this season where I live will close and lose the 3rd AND FINAL Race Track in the ENTIRE AREA PERIOD.
I am so pissed off about it, you have no idea.

But more important is, I hope the money hungry builders and Stuck up town residents that have pressured the town into doing this don't come crying on my shoulder when their children die in street racing accidents, cause it is goning to happen.
And a lot of people are going to die because of these stuck up bastards. That track has been there waaaaaay before the people were. The town has been breaking the owners ***** for well over 20yrs, and finally after changing hands a few times and losing NHRA santion due to so many town rules, restriction, and limitations, they finally got their wish and the owner has had enough. Things like This have done them in:
Southampton Town regulations restrict our racing hours from going beyond 6pm on any race day.
No racing before 1:00 PM on any race day.
Track will only be open for racing
Friday - 1:00 - 6:00 PM
Saturday - 1:00 - 6:00 PM
Sunday - 1:00 - 6:00 PM

Sure they let you in a few hours earlier, but don't try and start your motor ""or else"".

I truly wish there was something I could personally do to save this track, but one thing is for sure, there are tens of thousands of Racers in NY that will have no where to race.
WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN ???
There is no way in hell, I'm gonna spend the money to road trip out of State every weekend to make my usual 1 or 2 weekend passes and either is anyone else. Looks like I'll be living with V or Gator next yr on the weekends
Hey thats right, the Captain lives in NJ too, HEY CAPTAIN

Old 05-26-2003 | 05:11 PM
Everyday is race day for me

Rob, better keep posting...I'm slowly catching up!!

Old 05-26-2003 | 05:20 PM
i just wish they would build a decent track closer to my home. it would be nice.

Old 05-26-2003 | 05:27 PM
Originally posted by cyntaxx
Rob, better keep posting...I'm slowly catching up!!
Holy Moly 3188 to 3164

YOU ARE CATCHING UP

Old 05-26-2003 | 05:34 PM
What Happen

Old 05-26-2003 | 06:03 PM
Oh that's low Rob!

Old 05-26-2003 | 06:22 PM
I think something happen to my computer
and I got stuck in some kind of post confussion
OR SOMETHING

Old 05-26-2003 | 07:15 PM
Its so FUNNY watching a couple rookies trying to pad their post count

Your more than welcome any weekend Rob, just let me know in advance, so I can leave on vacation J/K

Quick Reply: street racers (you guys are kiddin. Right)