Lightning

WHY?? poser

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003 | 10:37 PM
Originally posted by KCinAZ
Hey its my choice if I wanna drive a 6 inch spike through my kneecap... but just because it's my choice doesn't mean it's any less retarded.
LOL, I agree with you 100%

Old 05-27-2003 | 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Habibi
I'm gonna put a John Deer badge on my Sears lawnmower and paint it green.
this is a great analogy. this is EXACTLY what the posers are doing when putting SVT or Lightning badges on a non-SVT vehicle: trying to fool people into thinking that their regular Sears lawnmower is a top-of-the-line John Deere <flamesuit on AGAIN >

Old 05-27-2003 | 11:03 PM
Saw a great-lookin' Expedition with the bumper cover the other day. I was just thinkin' to myself, "What a cool lookin' Expy," then I saw it. You guessed it.

The Lightning badges really ruined it.

Old 05-27-2003 | 11:07 PM
01 XLT Sport: Excellent Post! i applaud you, we need more owners like you.

you seem to have your ducks in a row man, and i also agree w/ you on the engine comparison, i have been in a 4.2 auto/manual and a 4.6 auto, and they all pretty much get up the same, it also depends on the rear end gear though also, cause you do have a choice, between 3.55 and i think 3.73....

but the 5.4 V8 is awesome w/o the supercharger, my friend just got a FX4 w/ one of them, and he let me drive it and it got up pretty good.

i totally agree w/ you though man, good post

Old 05-27-2003 | 11:16 PM
Whaddya Think?
[IMG][/IMG]

Uh yeah, No I don't think so either.

But what do you guys think about neon underneath?

Once again, just a joshin' wid ja

Happy Halloween

Old 05-27-2003 | 11:28 PM
I think lxtac said it most eloquently:
"Such a pretty truck.... but he had to go that extra step and instead of having a nice truck turned into a poser..... Sad"

That sums it up very nicely.

Now if I play the Devils advocate, the poser would say "well, it's my truck, I can do whatever I want, and it shouldn't concern you"

True, true, true, however....Once you make the conscientious decision to put fake badges on it, you also open yourself up for public opinion.
Realistically, you hoping people will say "oh is that ever cool, a styleside or supercrew lightning, neato!"
Obviously, you thought it was cool and that;s why you did it, correct?
So, be prepared to take the compliments as well as the criticism. That's how I see it.

Screwyou, I'm a teenager at heart!

Habibi

Quick Reply: WHY?? poser