Lightning

From the "I'm an idiot" collection...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 11:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha

last year we were at the track and i had my electric fan on from the switch inside the cab. I decided to go get a drink so i shut the hood and locked my doors. Well i go off and start talking to people and go up and watch and go back to my truck and ****, i can't find the keys. Now I'm walking all over the pits, went up to the bleachers, under the bleachers, back up to the snack bar........trying to look in my truck. Nothing. No i can't shut my fan off and my battery is dying slowly. No i have a search team looking for my keys. All in the sudden my hand brushes my waist band...............

I stuffed them in my waste band so i wouldn't loose them.........well over an hour later, i remember this...........

Old 11-22-2004, 01:15 AM
this is just a quick one and happend recently...I was backing out of my garage the other day and I usually have to look in my side mirror or look out the window while I back out so I don't hid my side mirror on the garage frame...I have to park so damn close to the wall in my garge because my wife can't park for her life and never gives me any room and I want my L as far as possible from her driver door. Well anyways as I'm backing out I go to put my head a little to check for clearance and BAM!! I hit my head on the window..DUH the window was up. I felt like a big dummy but had to laugh, I swear I would of thought I broke it was loud as hell and I hit it pretty hard. .....Ah good times...

Old 11-22-2004, 03:09 PM
My story is hardly dramatic and needs little background info... it happened a few years back in my last Mustang.

Has anybody else ever reached THROUGH the steering wheel mid turn to reset the trip meter? Not a recommended vehicular procedure. Damn near hit a parked Caddy, but ended up half on the neighbors driveway, half in their flower bed. I don't think they ever saw anything, but the flowers got a Goodyear closeup.

Old 11-23-2004, 12:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nuff said

Last edited by sporkdevil; 11-23-2004 at 12:24 AM.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:08 PM
Sorry guys to ressurect this, I had a bad day and this one lifted me up! Maybe there are some new ones to add.
Happy New Year to all!

Old 12-29-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by sporkdevil

Nuff said
Man that is priceless ! Back in the day I saw alot of freak accidents like this when traliers didn't have springbrakes on them the air was out it was out no brakes to hold against dock.

Last edited by SMOKINTRUCK#1; 12-29-2005 at 07:41 PM.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:47 PM
Ever lock your keys in your car in the staging lanes. And you're first in line....

Did it at E-Town in my '72 Mach.

If any of you have seen the suit (fire? leather?) they have in the souvenir shop on the left as you walk in, welp, that thing was hanger-less for about 15 minutes that night.

Hanger was returned unharmed (little unraveled, but re-assembled).

Old 12-29-2005, 08:31 PM
Ugly *** Truck!!!

Your Truck Is Ugly Man!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, fellas... This is a perfect example of why you should stay single. My wife was trying to be funny.

Last edited by 98Lariet4x4; 12-29-2005 at 09:13 PM.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Douconsulting
Oh, come on. You know you were thinking "Stupid %&#&% Accufab..."
That's what I was thinking ... Mine always stuck
until we took a fine file to the plate ...

Old 12-29-2005, 10:22 PM
I want to hear Tim's moment of glory. Come on Tim fess up.

Old 12-29-2005, 10:48 PM
In 1975 I was 18 yrs old and working in a full serve gas station in town. A lady pulls up to the pump in a brand new Granada, says "fill it up and check the oil". So I start the pump then go around front and raise the hood, but it won't stay up. Finally I see the prop stick, which was new to me, I'd never seen one on an american car before. I don't know if anyone remembers, but the prop stick on those cars was not up front but on one side and near the back of the hood. It was only about twelve inches long. Well this car was so new the oil was still shiney green and completely full. I showed it to the lady and she laughed and said "it's not my car, it's my friends and she just bought it yesterday. I'm just worried somethings going to happen while I'm driving it." So I laughed and went back to the front of the car and put the dipstick back in. This is where it gets good. I grab the front of the raised hood start to pull it down to shut it, but it seems real stiff. So I give it a real good pull this time and it almost shuts but not quite. About this time I look up and see the prop rod has almost impaled the hood, the hood is bent to hell and the back of it is half way up the windshield. It was then that our eyes met. I could barely see her over the mangled hood. It was a mutual look of shock and disbelief. After it sunk in she jumped out of the car and yelled "look what you did! This isn't even my car. What am I gonna tell my friend?" I had no words for her except I'm sorry. I was the only one working so we had to go inside and call my boss. I had to tie the hood down with some rope so she could drive it back to her friend. I was released from duty shortly thereafter. I had a friend that was just hanging out there that day and saw the whole thing. I think he's still laughing.

Old 12-29-2005, 11:11 PM
Might as well throw in one of my brighter moments. Here is the background. Working normal job from 6am-4pm, drive to "new" house that I am remodeling before we move in, work on the new house until 11:30-12ish every night. After several days/nights of this I head to the old house to grab some sleep before starting the fun all over again. Keep in mind I am in my STi my wife is behind me in the truck. Head down the freeway and there is no traffic so I get on it, wife is much smarter and just let's me go. I take the exit and stop at the top of the ramp getting ready to make my left turn. I look around and see no one so brain says get on it. I roll out in first then nail it. All four tires light up and I grab second. Tires still smoking the back end steps out just a little and I proceed to grab third. Very well executed 4-wheel tire smoking drift across the over pass. I get out of the throttle and slip it into fourth and just ease on down the road. Next thing I see are red and blue lights behind me. I pull over, cop comes to the window, "what happened back there"? "Nothing sir, just lost a little traction going around the corner." Cop "kind of hard to lose traction in an allwheel drive car isn't it?" Me "no explanation sir". About this time wife drives by laughing her butt off. Cop "tonight is your lucky night, my partner is a big fan of these cars." He said that if he had that kind of power he would have to try it too. They also said that they hoped I was going to run that they were having a slow night and wanted something to do. Come to find out that there wasn't one cop car behind me, there was three. They were having a BS session off the exit in a dark area that I couldn't see. They said they enjoyed my show. Get hom and the wife asks how much the ticket was. My answer, $0. My lucky night.

Old 12-30-2005, 03:09 AM
a good friend of mine has an s2000. he babies the hell out of this car. one morning we decide to go take pictures. and after an hour or 2 of trying, i finally convinced him to let me drive it. i lower the top, turn around, and start driving. id never revved a car to 9000 rpms before so my brain thought it was a good idea to try it. i get to about 7k in second gear and the back end slides out around a bend.

!

i quickly try to counter steer, but i didnt catch the rear end in time and am spinning clockwise on the pavement. i slide into the ditch, and fly up into my neighbors yard spinning counter clockwise, slide past 2 trees and stop a few feet in front of another one. after the initial shock, i start it back up and drive out of the ditch. the car was fine besides the front lip and an alignment. he hasnt let me drive it since

Last edited by DynamiteCandy; 12-30-2005 at 03:13 AM.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:11 AM
also, i went shopping with my mom once. decided to start my truck up and start loading hers up with stuff. well the wind blows my door shut with the doors locked. i had to sit there for about half an hour for a locksmith to pop the locks

Old 12-30-2005, 08:33 AM
So me (driver) and my buddy (gunner) and our squad leader (TC) are out doing a patrol in our gun truck. We stop on top of a hill that over looks the ocean. I put the HUMVEE in neutral and put the E-brake on. I get out and start talking to my squad leader while our gunner starts to dismount. For whatever reason he decides to get out using the driver's door.

Now our gunner isn't fat, but he is a big guy. And as he struggled to get out some part of his flailing body hit the e-brake. I can still see the look on his face as the HUMVEE started rolling down the hill. Now I'm signed for this truck, and if it rolled down into the ocean, Id probably be in a lot of trouble. So I take off running after this truck that has started to slowly roll down the hill. When I reach the truck the gunner is still fighting to get out. I guess a part of his LBV got caught on something. So picture a Hume rolling down a hill with me trying to get in to stop it and the gunner trying to get out of the same door.

Finally the gunner unhooks himself and jumps out of the Hume taking me with him. I can only stare as the truck continue on its path to ruin all of our careers. You might be wondering what our squad leader thought of all this. The whole time he was on top of the hill smoking a cigarette very nonchalantly. I looked back, and after taking another puff he said slowly, 'Just let it go man, just let it go.'

So what happened to the Humvee? It turned out right before the hill ended and the sea began the world curved up causing the HUMVEE to roll back and forth before finally coming to a stop a in a small gully. Its funny now, but at the time I thought I was about to be PFC Charlie.

31C