Lightning

Guys with cal-tracks?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003 | 08:35 PM
|
Question Guys with cal-tracks?

Did anyones kit come with spacer plates? If so do you need them?

Old 05-27-2003 | 08:52 PM
cal-tracks

bad00

Mine came with the plates but I did not use them, but I lowered my L by removing a leaf and adding a degree shim . I did run the Cal-tracks for a few weeks before I did this (without spacers) and had no trouble. I will recommend rechecking the u -bolts after a few days...I got a few turns after driving with them a while. Goodluck and enjoy them... -Jon-

Old 05-27-2003 | 09:08 PM
The spacer plates go on top of the spring. I had them added into the kit a while back because I did not like how the U-bolts just contacted the corner of the leaf where it bends around it. The plates go on the spring, and when you put the U-bolts on, they will now sit flat on the plates, instead of the inside corners.

Old 05-27-2003 | 09:45 PM
Sal

nice tweak with the spacer but I was afraid the spacer would "move" since it was alot smaller than the upper spring plate itself. Once I removed the spring, the spring bolt was up too high in the plate and would contact the spacer preventing it from sitting flat on it..... Now I see your point regarding the u-bolts sitting on their edge... looks like I will be drilling the plate to fit over the spring stack bolt!! THANKS Sal!!!!

p.s. thankyou for the excellent job on the flip chip.. its GREAT
-Jon-

Quick Reply: Guys with cal-tracks?