Lightning

quite possibly the best video ever..

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 05:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cyntaxx...

you asked to see pics of the most outrageous theatre that i have done. here it is

i walked into the room and it was nothing more than a bare concrete floor and drywalled walls.

i raised the floor in the back of the room 7" for the 2nd row of seats. i built a false wall in the front of the room to house the speakers and tv's.

all walls and ceiling recicved full acoustic treatments. there is a perfect 60/40 combination of absorbative and reflective material.

seating is 8 person fully reclinable theatre chairs

this is a 7.1 system and all speakers in the room are canton karat series . they are some of the truest sounding speakers made. the front stage has 2 left speakers, 2 right speakers, 2 center channels and 2 12"400 watt powered subs. the rears and 7.1 speakers are mounted in the columns in the roon and are canton karat series in-walls.

the processor and amps are all Harman/Kardon.

powere is conditioned by a Monster Power Conditioner. (im not talking some little power strip, this is a $1500 power conditioner)

the main screen is a Da-Lite 106" high contrast and video is fed via a toshiba DLP projector. there are 2 36" HDTV flat monitors on either side of the main screen. (4 36" HDTV's) Each screen also has its own HDTV sat reciever and HD cable box.

all component connections were made with MIT C.V.T.L. cables.

on any screen at any time, you can use any of the following sources:Harman/Kardon progressive scan DVD, JVC HD VCR, X-Box PS2, Computer w/ wireless keyboard and mouse, cable modem access to the internet, satalite or cable.

all components are housed in a Middle Atlantic service rack w/ cooling and air filtration.

for the small cost of $79,647, this can be yours. believe me when i tell you that this theatre is a BARGAIN!!! if you were to hire someone such as Theo Kalomirakis to do a job of this calibur, it would easily cot $150,000.

here are the pics

front of room:

Last edited by FastAsL; 05-30-2003 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-30-2003, 05:44 PM
back of the room:

side of room:

all these pics were taken befor the painter faux finished everything. i like these better because there is a real good contrast with the wood in the room. also, i HATE how the wood was painted.

Old 05-30-2003, 05:48 PM
just to give you an idea of how much work was involved, here is the room when i 1st walked into it:

front:

back:

Last edited by FastAsL; 05-30-2003 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-30-2003, 05:50 PM
here are a couple shots of what building i had to do.

raised floor:

false wall:

Old 05-30-2003, 05:52 PM
everything in this room was 100% custom built by me and my partner. it took exactly 5 weeks from design to completion.

Old 05-30-2003, 06:52 PM
FastAsL:

Class A act there BUT......
when is the first movie showing so all of us can pop up there
to experience this system...well even bring the popcorn !
and...do we have a choice on which movie?

Old 05-30-2003, 08:43 PM
i can take anyone at anytime to there house and demo the theatre. as far as movies, i personally have 263 DVD's. so, ill probably have the movie that you want to see. and no i didnt join one of those clubs to get 10 for a penny.

thanx for the positive feedback. i take a lot of pride in what i do and it feels good to hear people's comments.

...chris

Quick Reply: quite possibly the best video ever..