Lightning

Canceld L order

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2003, 05:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canceld L order

I had an L on order but after seeing so many warrenty issue and fights with dealers over the smallest issues and so forth i did not see the reason to buy a truck where if something went wrong i would most likey just be screwed. I think for paying that much money you should get better service. Your a great bunch of people, just wish i could have joined ya.

Old 05-31-2003, 05:11 PM
Re: Canceld L order

Originally posted by PrinceVegeta
I had an L on order but after seeing so many warrenty issue and fights with dealers over the smallest issues and so forth i did not see the reason to buy a truck where if something went wrong i would most likey just be screwed. I think for paying that much money you should get better service. Your a great bunch of people, just wish i could have joined ya.

your loss!

Old 05-31-2003, 05:35 PM
what are planning to do? heavily mod it
leave it stock? for every horror story theres 20
people who have no regrets or problems.its your money
but i wouldnt base my decison on some stuff you read online.

Old 05-31-2003, 06:13 PM
The problem is that its just not "some stuff" ive been reading these things for 2 years now that i have been following this forum. I still like the truck and i am giving it a second thought since i have been wanting one for so long.

Old 05-31-2003, 06:18 PM
just remember, every denied warrenty gets you closer to your built block.

Old 05-31-2003, 06:25 PM
Happiness equals expectation...

The Lightning is a great truck bone stock, but it all depends on what you expectations are.

Old 05-31-2003, 06:25 PM
Out of thousands of owners, you are only hearing the bad. Nobody posts to say "Today I drove my truck to work, and had no problems whatsoever."

I admit I had a few doubts after reading all this ****, but I bought my 03 anyway, and don't regret a second of it. Now I also know what to look for, and where to go if I have questions...

Old 05-31-2003, 06:29 PM
PrinceVegeta

The 03's have better heads
The Head Gasket Fix
The more threads (no more spitting plugs)
And the Diablo Predator will be out any week now
(Better than a Chip, no ****** with the Factory Computer)
(Totally undetectable)

All the big issues have been addressed AND FINALLY FIXED
I'd have to agree with retics4me, YOUR LOSS

I wish I waited to 03 to buy, but even with all my bitching
and moaning, I can't imagine life without a Supercharger.
Yes Ford Sucks and so does their Service and Quality Controll,
But there is nothing like this beast in the World (not yet at least)

JUST DO IT

Old 05-31-2003, 07:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Keep the engine stock, you have no worries.

Mod the engine, you have worries.

How hard is that to deal with?

How is that any different from any other car?

Considering the performance of the vehicle and the tremendous stress of moving 5,000 lbs around with authority, I think that the Lightning is a well-made vehicle. People who's engine is running great will not post that non-event -- people typically post only when there is a problem. Go to nearly any forum and see the same thing.

Old 05-31-2003, 07:37 PM
I see you are in Houston. Your town happens to have one of the largest and most active Lightning Owner Clubs in the nation. I'd highly suggest going to one of their events and talking to the owners in person. Its hard to get a feel for the vehicles from an online-only forum. Check out the Houston site at http://www.haloclub.com

Old 05-31-2003, 08:04 PM
Well, my L could have problems tomorrow but it's the bestdamn vehicle I've ever owned and I'll be 64 in July.

I drive it to work, 1/4 mile it, and dyno it. It's modded with just about everything(engine-wise) but nitrous and an aftermarket s/c'r. It has 49,900 miles on it and has never been in a shop except to replace the tires and pads.

But, it's your $$$$.

Dan

Old 05-31-2003, 08:52 PM
Yeah I agree. The few problems I've had are no different then any other vehicle that I've owned. If you are worried about what may happen then I guess staying in bed would be the safest.

In other words buy the L, and as Fletch says they'll have to sugically remove the smile off your face and you will be whistling zippe-de-do-da out your a**hole.

Old 05-31-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Tim Skelton
Keep the engine stock, you have no worries.

Mod the engine, you have worries.

Exactly!!!

Basicly all you have to stay away from is a chip.
You can still add a #2 pullie,air filter kit,FT valve body,traction bars,and more.

All of that stuff can quickly and easily be put back to stock with the exception of the valve body{its not had to change but it is very messy}. Even if they did ever take your trans pan off,they would still see a Ford factory part and theres no way they would ever know it was "tweeked".

Honestly I think you would be very happy with an L. I love mine!!

Andy

Old 05-31-2003, 11:20 PM
I continue to be amazed at the credence people give to internet forums and the opinions of people they have never met. I've had no problems with my truck except for hi-flo fog lights. If I had enough money I would have bought a second Lightning in white and parked it.

Jim

Old 05-31-2003, 11:43 PM
Re: Canceld L order

Originally posted by PrinceVegeta
I think you've over exagerrated on your worrying. Some people have a habit of doing that.

I could get hit by a Mack truck crossing the street. I could get hit by lightning. (LOL) Anything could happen to anyone.

"What Me Worry?" I think not. I have 45,000+ troublefree miles. This truck has worked. I work her hard. I don't abuse her, but she earns her keep.

Nothing is guaranteed forever in life. If you want one bad enough.......nothing would scare you away, or change your mind. I ordered mine when everyone was having intercooler problems on the '99's & '00's.

I haven't looked back once.

Last edited by '01ArrestMeRed; 05-31-2003 at 11:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Canceld L order