Lightning

Close to a Lightning purchase

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2003 | 10:13 AM
|
Close to a Lightning purchase

I'm still thinking about the lightning. Actually, if I do it, it will be this week. However, I'm a little concerned about some of the things I've read about here, like launched plugs, oil in the TB stuff like that. I would really appreciate any info or moral support. I've changed by mind on the color. Instead of Sonic Blue I'm going to get Red. Thanks.

JS

Old 06-02-2003 | 10:20 AM
Check out this thread. It is similair to your question.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...hreadid=118069

Old 06-02-2003 | 10:21 AM
Banned
03 L's have new heads which addresses the launched plug issue.

Nearly all supercharged vehicles get oil in the t-body. The engine produces a lot of vacuum. It doesnt poise a threat to performance or longevity.

Get the truck. You will be very pleased with it.

Old 06-02-2003 | 10:30 AM
Well if you are getting an 03 then the plugs shouldnt be an issue because the 03 heads have been updated with more threads.

Yes there is a very good chance that you will eventually get oil in the TB but they make PCV valve kits that cures the problem. The kits cost around 30 bucks and takes about 5 minutes to put on.

You will probley also develop the dreaded "front end clunk".
Once again, they make a kit to fix the problem for 25 bucks.

Its all basicly minor stuff thats easy to fix.
Just remember,dont chip it and you shouldnt have an problems with the waranty

Honestly I think will be very happy with your truck.

Andy

Old 06-02-2003 | 10:57 AM
|
Thanks for the replies. I just need some moral support. I've had my Z06 for 21 months. The only mod is a Carbon Fiber intake from Halltech. The car has been problem free and is not an oil burner. I probably wouldn't mod the Lightning other than an intake. (famous last words) I think the truck is awesome and I really love driving it. I want to see the Z and the L in the garage next to each other.

JS

Old 06-02-2003 | 01:03 PM
All new cars have problems, design flaws, build flaws, ect.... Times now have changed a bit though. Now-a-days we are simply aware of them because of boards like these on the *Al Gore* invented information super highway.

Don't be scared at all about this stuff. If anything? I for one am thankful that I can spend $30 now, check the torque on the plugs, read about habitual problems, ect... to help avoid frustration, confusion and BIG costs years from now.

Just because we recieve more facts than we have in the past does'nt mean it's nesessarily a bad thing. it's what we do with those facts.

That is unless people like to live where "ignorance is bliss".

WOT

Quick Reply: Close to a Lightning purchase